Florida State's Reaction To The NCAA

It looks like the school’s official stance on the recent NCAA ruling banning the use of the Seminole mascot during playoffs and the post season is…

TO TELL THEM TO KISS THEIR ASS!

they apparently said that if they NCAA wants to mess with them, they can “bring it on”

I think this is awesome, GO TRADITION!

I love the Seminole’s traditions!

Especially the one where they kick it Wide Right

Enough of the wide right shit!!!

Seriously, though. As an FSU grad, I’m glad to see Jeb Bush taking a stance on this. How arrogant of the NCAA to decide for the seminole tribe what is offensive. Two figure heads of the NCAA were on the Dan Patrick show earlier to defend their action. Basically, there are “other” seminole members outside of Florida who were offended. These NCAA figure heads went so far as to compare FSU and Illinois mascots to that of being “black face.” This is a political move at best for the NCAA. If they truely had the interest of native americans at heart they would place a COMPLETE ban on the use of mascotts and names and not just during the post season.

Where does this end? If a rancher is offended by the use of a cowboy, do we ban OK state and Wyoming? How about victims of hurricanes protesting Miami’s use of the nickname(even though I would like to see that program shut down…kidding).

The NCAA is a complete disaster from their handling of probations where schools are punished long after the “corrupt” administration has left to shameless money-making off of student athletes while at the same time prohibiting them from any financial opportunities.

By the way, I really fucking hate Miami.

[quote]CU AeroStallion wrote:
It looks like the school’s official stance on the recent NCAA ruling banning the use of the Seminole mascot during playoffs and the post season is…

they apparently said that if they NCAA wants to mess with them, they can “bring it on”

I think this is awesome, GO TRADITION![/quote]

I’m hoping my friends on the hill (our local slang for THE University of Utah) do the same thing regarding the Utes.

[quote]nolecat wrote:
Enough of the wide right shit!!!

Seriously, though. As an FSU grad, I’m glad to see Jeb Bush taking a stance on this. How arrogant of the NCAA to decide for the seminole tribe what is offensive. Two figure heads of the NCAA were on the Dan Patrick show earlier to defend their action. Basically, there are “other” seminole members outside of Florida who were offended. These NCAA figure heads went so far as to compare FSU and Illinois mascots to that of being “black face.” This is a political move at best for the NCAA. If they truely had the interest of native americans at heart they would place a COMPLETE ban on the use of mascotts and names and not just during the post season.

Where does this end? If a rancher is offended by the use of a cowboy, do we ban OK state and Wyoming? How about victims of hurricanes protesting Miami’s use of the nickname(even though I would like to see that program shut down…kidding).

The NCAA is a complete disaster from their handling of probations where schools are punished long after the “corrupt” administration has left to shameless money-making off of student athletes while at the same time prohibiting them from any financial opportunities.

By the way, I really fucking hate Miami.[/quote]

Wide Right?

Go FSU!!

I can’t stand the thought of the NCAA stepping into the PC enforcement business.

I hope there is a revolution and the NCAA is thrown out of town without a bus ticket.

What a bunch of self-righteous maroons.

Miles Brand is a tool. That is all…

what about Miami. not the college, but the city. Miami was also an indian tribe name, but they are not bothering with that at all.

I don’t understand why a Cat and Dog can’t be friends I mean I have a cat sure I hate him and I challenge him to duals though he is farther stronger than me…but I don’t step down - UCLA QUOTE…

[quote]CU AeroStallion wrote:

I think this is awesome, GO TRADITION![/quote]

Damn straight, bro. I live in Tally, and I’m actually proud of our governor here right now. The NCAA can kiss my ass, too!