Florida Primary

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
We are just talking about the primary. However, Florida is a critical “swing state” for both parties. Along with the PA, OH, WI, MI, VA, NC, IA, MO, NM, CO, NV, MO. The other states are either blue or red. Out of the crucial swing states that I’ve listed There are four really key states with the most electoral votes. Those are:

Florida- 29

Pennsylvania- 20

Ohio- 18

Michigan- 16

If you add up the numbers above that equals 83 electoral votes. All of the remaining swing states combined are a total of 64 electoral votes. That makes these four states the most crucial of the swing states and virtually assures that both parties will be dumping the most money in these four states. Now here is the key factor that no one is yet talking about. All of these call them “Crucial” swing states have republican governors!

There are a total of 538 electoral votes up for grabs and 270 wins the race. The red states equal a total 165 electoral votes. The blue states equal a total of 178 electoral votes. But here’s the catch, with Romney as the nominee Massachuetts then gets taken away from the blue state catagory and into the red state. So the republicans pick up 11 more electoral votes. Giving the republicans 176 electoral vote lock. If they pick up the four “crucial” states that I listed above 176 + 83 = 259 they are now only 11 electoral votes short of winning the Presidency. Throw in New Hampshire’s 4 votes, which will swing Romney’s way and we are up to 263. That means if they win MO, CO, or NC they’ve won the Presidency.

The above scenario is one more reason that we can win with Romney and much more difficult to win with any of the other candidates.

For example Santorum would never win Mass on his best day. And there are less than a handful of swing states
which can equal Massachusetts 11 electoral votes.

Electorally this is an uphill climb for Obama with Mitt Romney as the nominee![/quote]

Thanks for that analysis, Zeb!

It is working out to be a VERY interesting election year!

Mufasa[/quote]

It really is far more interesting than the McCain fiasco four years ago. This is going to be a real horse race. Perhaps not on par with the Bush/Gore race of 2000, but certainly I don’t see a blow out coming in either direction. Do you Mufasa? [/quote]

Agree! (I GUARANTEE every voting district is HOPEFULLY making sure that they aren’t using punch cards of any sort! NO CHADS! This election needs to be over and done with!)

Yea, Zeb. I think that it’s going to be one of those “long line” elections, that will go late into the night before it will be decided. The only thing that will change all this is some major mistake by Romney and/or the President or some major event of some sort.

Mufasa

I see zero indication that it will be a long line to the voting booth. Turnout and enthusiasm has been low.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Anyone have any conservative third party suggestions? If not, it’s time to stay home.[/quote]

Well that’s one way you can help give Obama a second term. But, why don’t you go all the way and actually give him your vote? That would show that mean old republican party to nominate a purist next time. A pure conservative who would win about 12 states–LOL

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
We are just talking about the primary. However, Florida is a critical “swing state” for both parties. Along with the PA, OH, WI, MI, VA, NC, IA, MO, NM, CO, NV, MO. The other states are either blue or red. Out of the crucial swing states that I’ve listed There are four really key states with the most electoral votes. Those are:

Florida- 29

Pennsylvania- 20

Ohio- 18

Michigan- 16

If you add up the numbers above that equals 83 electoral votes. All of the remaining swing states combined are a total of 64 electoral votes. That makes these four states the most crucial of the swing states and virtually assures that both parties will be dumping the most money in these four states. Now here is the key factor that no one is yet talking about. All of these call them “Crucial” swing states have republican governors!

There are a total of 538 electoral votes up for grabs and 270 wins the race. The red states equal a total 165 electoral votes. The blue states equal a total of 178 electoral votes. But here’s the catch, with Romney as the nominee Massachuetts then gets taken away from the blue state catagory and into the red state. So the republicans pick up 11 more electoral votes. Giving the republicans 176 electoral vote lock. If they pick up the four “crucial” states that I listed above 176 + 83 = 259 they are now only 11 electoral votes short of winning the Presidency. Throw in New Hampshire’s 4 votes, which will swing Romney’s way and we are up to 263. That means if they win MO, CO, or NC they’ve won the Presidency.

The above scenario is one more reason that we can win with Romney and much more difficult to win with any of the other candidates.

For example Santorum would never win Mass on his best day. And there are less than a handful of swing states

Electorally this is an uphill climb for Obama with Mitt Romney as the nominee![/quote]

Mufasa[/quote]

It really is far more interesting than the McCain fiasco four years ago. This is going to be a real horse race. Perhaps not on par with the Bush/Gore race of 2000, but certainly I don’t see a blow out coming in either direction. Do you Mufasa? [/quote]

Agree! (I GUARANTEE every voting district is HOPEFULLY making sure that they aren’t using punch cards of any sort! NO CHADS! This election needs to be over and done with!)

Yea, Zeb. I think that it’s going to be one of those “long line” elections, that will go late into the night before it will be decided. The only thing that will change all this is some major mistake by Romney and/or the President or some major event of some sort.

Mufasa
[/quote]

Very true. What most people don’t realize is that 70% of the country isn’t even paying attention yet. But about 30-45 days out people are going to look up from their cocoon take a quick look at Obama and what he’s done and didn’t do. Then take an equally fast look at Romney and make their choice.

Reflecting on all this Bane capital business and what the unemployment stats are currently will mean nothing–absolutely nothing. The only thing that will matter are the numbers 30 days out and the voters gut reaction to both men. This all happens on an emotional level far more than the talking heads would have you believe.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Florida- 29

Pennsylvania- 20

Ohio- 18

Michigan- 16

Mufasa[/quote]

Mufasa
[/quote]

Very true. What most people don’t realize is that 70% of the country isn’t even paying attention yet. But about 30-45 days out people are going to look up from their cocoon take a quick look at Obama and what he’s done and didn’t do. Then take an equally fast look at Romney and make their choice.

Reflecting on all this Bane capital business and what the unemployment stats are currently will mean nothing–absolutely nothing. The only thing that will matter are the numbers 30 days out and the voters gut reaction to both men. This all happens on an emotional level far more than the talking heads would have you believe.[/quote]

Very interesting, Zeb.

I never looked at it in that way.

Mufasa

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Anyone have any conservative third party suggestions? If not, it’s time to stay home.[/quote]

Well that’s one way you can help give Obama a second term. But, why don’t you go all the way and actually give him your vote? That would show that mean old republican party to nominate a purist next time. A pure conservative who would win about 12 states–LOL[/quote]

A purist? How about just someone who isn’t a complete political weasel.

Let’s say Romney get’s the nomination. Who is his best option as a VP?

CS

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Florida- 29

Pennsylvania- 20

Ohio- 18

Michigan- 16

Mufasa[/quote]

Mufasa
[/quote]

Reflecting on all this Bane capital business and what the unemployment stats are currently will mean nothing–absolutely nothing. The only thing that will matter are the numbers 30 days out and the voters gut reaction to both men. This all happens on an emotional level far more than the talking heads would have you believe.[/quote]

Zeb I bet it’s even more than 70% not paying attention.

I have to admit (regrettably) that I’m not a big “mid-term” person. (I really should get more involved then).

Presidential Election years seem to stoke up my “Political Fires”.

Mufasa

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

Well that’s one way you can help give Obama a second term. But, why don’t you go all the way and actually give him your vote? That would show that mean old republican party to nominate a purist next time. A pure conservative who would win about 12 states–LOL[/quote]

A purist? How about just someone who isn’t a complete political weasel. [/quote]

A politician that isn’t a weasel? Um…let me know when you find one.

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

CS[/quote]

Me.

[quote]Bonesaw93 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Florida- 29

Pennsylvania- 20

Ohio- 18

Michigan- 16

Mufasa[/quote]

Mufasa
[/quote]

Zeb I bet it’s even more than 70% not paying attention.
[/quote]

Right now a little less than one third (combined) on each side of the spectrum (far right, far left) are paying attention. Out of the remaing folks about half of them won’t even vote. Isn’t that interesting? They can’t be bothered to take part in the process. But those who do will decide sometime after Halloween. And they will do so using very superficial methods. That’s why a physically attractive candidates like Obama, or Romney have the best chance of winning almost regardless of where they stand on the issues.

I guess the first thing that all of us who are currently contributing to this thread have to realize is that most are not like us. They not only do not understand the subtleties, they don’t even understand the basics and moreover THEY DON’T CARE.

How does all that make you feel?

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
I have to admit (regrettably) that I’m not a big “mid-term” person. (I really should get more involved then).

Mufasa[/quote]

I’ve found that if you follow it closely it’s absolutely the greatest show on earth.

CS[/quote]

CS:

This TENDS to be an “Electoral Vote/Please a certain wing of the party and/or electorate” choice. It can also be done as complete “Hail Mary” in order to completely “change the
game” (e.g. Sarah Palin).

This is also why we sometimes get choices that leave us saying “WUH”??? (Like Joe Biden!)

So choosing “best” at this point in the process become extremely problematic. The best we could do is some personal “Wish List”.

Romney is smart; calculated; and has been VERY meticulous with this campaign. I’m sure he has a “short list” that even his closest advisors (his sons!) know little about.

It’s that important of a “Game Changer”.

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

CS[/quote]

CS:

This TENDS to be an “Electoral Vote/Please a certain wing of the party and/or electorate” choice. It can also be done as complete “Hail Mary” in order to completely “change the
game” (e.g. Sarah Palin).

This is also why we sometimes get choices that leave us saying “WUH”??? (Like Joe Biden!)

So choosing “best” at this point in the process become extremely problematic. The best we could do is some personal “Wish List”.

Romney is smart; calculated; and has been VERY meticulous with this campaign. I’m sure he has a “short list” that even his closest advisors (his sons!) know little about.

It’s that important of a “Game Changer”.

Mufasa [/quote]

WHAT’S WRONG WITH ME BEING ON THE TICKET MAN!!

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Mufasa[/quote]

I’ve found that if you follow it closely it’s absolutely the greatest show on earth.[/quote]

You’re right, Zeb!

The last Mid-Terms were historical.

We also had a movement (the Tea Party) that completely changed the political landscape.

Also; it’s seems like on the LOCAL level, there were a lot of changes.

(I’m working on getting more involved!)

Mufasa

LOL!

I’d vote for you Zeb!

(Which State would you deliver for Romney? LOL!)

Mufasa

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

This is a one man race - the GOP need to hold their noses and vote Romney as he is the only one who can beat Obama. [/quote]

Fixed[/quote]

ima call bs on this, romney is the one guy oboma can beat because he is essentailly the same guy… only not as good in front of a camera… why cant we have a real conservative just once, this is why i have voter apathy every election and will proly go back to not voting…
romney represents more of the same BS we have had for the last 40+ years

CS[/quote]

Another progressive republican. Might as well finish off the remodeling of the GoP as cocktail-sipping weenies who want to be likeable to Hollywood and Lady Gaga, undercover progressive, republicans sharing power with a rising Paulian libertarian branch of the party (large enough and noisy, but never really doing much). And I’ll give them that much, Paul might very well have cemented in a considerable and long-term place for his movement, with Rand as his heir.

Ummmmmm…

Interesting thought, Sloth.

Rand is young enough to solidify a fairly strong and influential 3rd Party…BUT

“The Devil is Always in the Details” of what the platform will truly be. (Ask Ross Perot).

As far as a party with “true” (as defined by you and some others) conservative voice?

I honestly don’t know WHAT the option is.

Mufasa