T Nation

Florida Coup #2?

Look at THIS http://www.rubberbug.com/temp/Florida2004chart.htm … and THIS http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/1106-30.htm .

Coup # 2?

Oh please…give it a rest. Do the whack jobs of the world ever take a vacation?

Prez Bush vacationed about 42% during the last four years. So, the answer to your question is YES.

i dont really think there was a coup #1… you know, the media DID recount the votes after the election anyway, and bush would have won in many (all but one if i remember correct) recount scenarios, including the ones democrats were pushing for. there was no stolen election last time, and there most certainly wasnt this time, get over it.

Maybe, just maybe, the dead folks, crack whores, and other dubiously registered democrats didn’t make it to the polls.

Seems like it’s more of a Democrat/elitist problem than a Republican hack job.

What is the point of this? Were you trying to show us the Dems didn’t show up, or that even they couldn’t stomach Kerry?

[quote]vasudeva wrote:
Prez Bush vacationed about 42% during the last four years. So, the answer to question is YES.[/quote]

That was funny shit dude

Sounds to me like the democrats need a better “Get out the Vote” program next time around.

[quote]vasudeva wrote:
Prez Bush vacationed about 42% during the last four years. So, the answer to your question is YES.[/quote]

Yes, yes I know you hate President Bush (yawn). He stole the election last time and did it again this time somehow, someway…he’s just a bad bad seed…oh my.

Actually, I do not hate Prez Bush. I certainly disagree with some of his administration’s policy positions, but hate, no. Further, I never stated that I thought he stole the election, either this time or last.

But thanx for assuming to know my position.

About the two article links here,

The first one is a fun little thing called lying with statistics. Get out the vote drives ore designed to get Democrats out to vote. Mostly the young, easily impressionable voters.

It was easy to find these people and get them registered, but that does not mean they showed up to vote.

Also Democrats are less reliable at going to vote then Republicans are. So Republicans are more likely to not only go to the polls, but to be registered.

Finally, just because a person registers for Democrat does not mean they are going to vote for the Democratic candidate. This actually is allowed.

The second article, well if this is a true event, and not some conspiracy theory by some nut, (which it is,) it will end up with people getting into trouble. If the evidence is there, as the article claims. If nobody gets into trouble, then it needs to be explained why, if it was true. Democrats won?t let something like this slip under the radar.

Oh yeah, Bush was not on vacation 42% of the time. This is a very twisted figure. Mostly by adding in working in any relaxing place, such as Camp David. A lot of work gets done at “Camp”.

Repub Carrier: I know I heard of two. But both were not recounts Gore asked for. But most did go for Bush. Gore would have had to be psychic to be able to decide exactly how to ask for the ways that would have worked.

[quote]vasudeva wrote:
Actually, I do not hate Prez Bush. I certainly disagree with some of his administration’s policy positions, but hate, no. Further, I never stated that I thought he stole the election, either this time or last.

But thanx for assuming to know my position. [/quote]

Oh I see, then your listing that there were more voters than people registered was to what end? “Florida Coup #2” means what? Why don’t you enlighten us all!

Zeb: Take it easy…breath in…breath out.

I think Mage had a solid response.

Regardless of partisanship, I think we ought to be wary: when we don’t like the findings of an outcome evaluation, we often blame the evaluation’s methodology. Having said that, I also question the internal validity of the study that produced those statistics.

Concerning vacation… It is a matter of how one defines vacation. So, I agree with Mage on this point as well. But I don’t think that we have any way of knowing that “a lot of work gets done at ‘Camp.’”

And Zeb, I placed a question mark after “Florida Coup #2?” for a reason.

vasideva:

LOL…I am now breathing in and out…Ha

That 42% figure comes straight from Michael Moore. It includes weekends, travel time, and anytime the president was away from the white house. You think the president doesnt work when he “vacations”, or when he’s on Air Force One? Hell, he probably included sleeping time(which presidents don’t do much anyway).

Grow up.

Actually, the 42.4% is from the Washington Post, 4/9/04. Of course, I cannot speak to the veracity of the Post, or any other media source for that matter.