Flight Cost to Go Overseas

For our honeymoon we want to go to Italy.

last I checked flights were about $700 (or so I thought), and recently someone told me that flight prices overseas have gone down a lot. I just checked expedia and cheapest is like $2300.

am I looking in the wrong place or are they really that expensive?

Jehova, I got back from Italy about 2 weeks ago, and yes the prices you see are accurate. You will want to check sidestep.com and kayak.com for awesome deals.

I just checked right now, and from Baltimore to Rome is 816. Whats stupid is that you would have a layover in Philly which is pointless. You are so lucky you are already on the east coast. Not only is it cheaper, but much faster. I am in Los Angeles, and the flight is around 13.5 hrs.

You need to check out SkyAuction - I got a roundtrip ticket to Asia for $800 + taxes. They were all quoted at around $2000 from sites like Orbit.

The other nice thing about SkyAuction is that you can pay the base ticket price and taxes, and then choose your flight dates at a later time. I bought my tickets in March and didn’t choose a departure date until July when I was ready to leave.

I recommend bidding as soon as possible to get the best deal. I lost three auctions that went way to high before winning one that ended up lower.

Round trip to Italy:

Also, they have packages, which may interest you - this is for 10 days in Rome and Florence, including hotels and round trip tickets:

I was JUST talking with my girl about going to Italy for vacation.

about 2mo ago my buddy found a KILLER deal of $400 for RT tickets to Rome. that deal lasted about 6hrs online. b’ah!

I just bought tickets from Frankfurt to DC for about $400 for Christmas. This weekend I came upon a deal to go to Scotland for four days. 0.01 CENTS to fly from Frankfurt Hans to Glasgow. I don’t know what’s in Glasgow, but I’m sure going to find out.

You’re gonna drop a bundle to fly to It-ley, but you begrudge your in-laws a visit with their daughter because gas is 2 bucks a gallon?

Just kidding.

She Say checked United’s web site every day for like 2 months…tix for Hawaii from DC went from 999 to 450. We bought at $450.

And…for a honeymoon…don’t go to Italy. You’ll spend way too much time sight-seeing, or rather running around trying to sight see.

She Say and I took 2 honeymoons. We went to London and San Francisco. On both trips we had a good time visiting the museums, churches, fisherman’s wharf, etc…but it wasn’t as much fun as laying on a beach somewhere closer to home (and cheaper) and getting drunk every day and banging each other’s brains out as often as possible…trust me…chicks don’t wanna bang after waiting in line at the British Museum to see the mummy display for four hours and then having to walk a mile back to the Hotel because the Tube station shut down unexpectedly…and god forbid they have to give up any ass after you sat through The Tempest performed by The Royal Fucking Shakespeare company for 80 bucks per ticket because the play lasted three fucking hours and you were both starving afterwards, but no one mentioned there’s no fucking place to eat on that side of the river after 11:00 cause they’re all fucking closed, so you have to take the fucking Tube again and eat at some shit-hole Indian restaurant that you realize 15 years later probably gave her the same gas it did you and that’s another nail in her wanting to spread her freshly-married legs and then the hot water wouldn’t work after midnight !

Actually I take it all back…you won’t take my advice anyway as I’m sure you’re trip will be different and you’ll travel like royalty throughout the Italian country being courted like celebs and banging each other silly in every palazzo you happen upon…it’s probably just London and San Francisco that are dumb ideas to honeymoon in…even though English is the 1st language in both of those places…unlike in It-Lee.

They fluctuate all the time but I just booked round trip to Dublin in April/May for 15 days for $438 total. Not sure how common that is or how it is with Italy though - we only checked flying to london or dublin since those are the cheapest, and once you get to Europe flights are super cheap to get to other places in Europe.

With flights the prices vary a huge deal from day to day. The best way to get cheap flights is to lurk around on on airlines websites when u see a cheap one grab it immediately.
In Ireland we have a certain airline which is known for their “no-frills” low cost flights.
I’m assuming it’s the same in the US. I know it’s not really a comparison but I got flights from Ireland to Italy for 150euro, however if I was 2 days earlier could have got them for 1/3 the price!

Cheaptickets.com has cheapo flights. The best bet is to try and get a flight out on tues or weds i think. low traffic days.

or if you want to be complicated like me, you can go to one spot say find a cheap flight to London, then get cheap inter-Europe deals on say ryanair.com. its ridiculous how cheap you can fly place to place within Europe.

you can get some steals there. vayama.com too.

[quote]brute_fury wrote:
Cheaptickets.com has cheapo flights. The best bet is to try and get a flight out on tues or weds i think. low traffic days.

or if you want to be complicated like me, you can go to one spot say find a cheap flight to London, then get cheap inter-Europe deals on say ryanair.com. its ridiculous how cheap you can fly place to place within Europe.

you can get some steals there. vayama.com too.[/quote]

Ya Ryanair is the one I was referring to. Very cheap flights - if stopping over in Ireland or the Uk is an option it wud be well worth looking into.