Flight 93 Movie (9/11) - Too Soon?

Im not a messed up conspiracy theorist. Planes were hijacked. Planes were crashed into buildings. All I am saying is that the testimony of those on the phone with loved ones was inconsistant and in some cases could be fabricated to cast them in a favorable, heroic light. There is not enough credible information to make a minute by minute accurate representation of this event. Therefore, this film will be less documentary and more feel-good patriotic pablum.

“Lets Roll”

And lets also stop being pussies, finally hollywood decides to make a “movie” depicting an american who had some balls and stood up and fought instead of being a big pussy and you all are gonna cry about it? This is exactly the type of movies we need our country to see to balance the estrogen filled bullshit people have to deal with today.

And i’m sick of people acting so f-ing dramatic about 911, too soon? TOO F-ING SOON? back in the day, people died all the time, generally right in front of you and generally in a slow painful or other gory way, and generally people weren’t “traumatized” by it. Men in battle in the civil war got to watch peoples legs being ripped off by bounding cannonballs and they had to keep pressing on and fighting.

Fathers and mothers had to watch thier children die of flu and the common cold, and they had to get up the next day and take care of the rest of thier lives.

Now we get attacked, and someone wants to make a movie depicting the supposed heroics of some american men and people have a problem with this? And one more point, unless it’s a documentary, I don’t care if they have all the details, They can make it as heroic and sensational as they want. Thats what the movie is going for, making people proud of our men on that plane. Depicting that there are still americans left who aren’t pussies and will stand up and fight.

God it irritates me that on this very board we have people who are against this type of film. Irritates me to no end.

V

[quote]Vegita wrote:
“Lets Roll”

And lets also stop being pussies, finally hollywood decides to make a “movie” depicting an american who had some balls and stood up and fought instead of being a big pussy and you all are gonna cry about it? This is exactly the type of movies we need our country to see to balance the estrogen filled bullshit people have to deal with today.

And i’m sick of people acting so f-ing dramatic about 911, too soon? TOO F-ING SOON? back in the day, people died all the time, generally right in front of you and generally in a slow painful or other gory way, and generally people weren’t “traumatized” by it. Men in battle in the civil war got to watch peoples legs being ripped off by bounding cannonballs and they had to keep pressing on and fighting.

Fathers and mothers had to watch thier children die of flu and the common cold, and they had to get up the next day and take care of the rest of thier lives.

Now we get attacked, and someone wants to make a movie depicting the supposed heroics of some american men and people have a problem with this? And one more point, unless it’s a documentary, I don’t care if they have all the details, They can make it as heroic and sensational as they want. Thats what the movie is going for, making people proud of our men on that plane. Depicting that there are still americans left who aren’t pussies and will stand up and fight.

God it irritates me that on this very board we have people who are against this type of film. Irritates me to no end.

V[/quote]

You’re out of line, but your heart’s in the right place.

To answer my own questions:

Yeah, too soon. Did Hollywood make movies about Pearl Harbor before Hiroshima and Nagasaki? No. It’s not about being a pussy, it’s about fucking decency. Is it patriotic to cash in on the suffering of 3000 dead Americans? Nope. Not when we’re still fighting to catch and kill those responsible.

Make the feel good movies when it’s fucking time to feel good; after the job’s done, our boys are home, and the terrorists are all blown the fuck up. That’s when you celebrate. That’s when you mourn. Not while there are still men in harm’s way. This is premature at best.

I think I’ll have a very difficult time controlling the tremendous amount of anger that this film will elicit. For that reason, I don’t think I SHOULD go see it. Unfortunately, I probably will.

[quote]Vegita wrote:
“Lets Roll”

V[/quote]

What irritates me to no end is that you make 9/11 sound like something that should have happened, that our country ‘coulda used it.’ Just because times now are more sheltered than they were “back in the day” doesn’t mean you should have to watch or see someone die right in front of you. I know alot of men, and I say men because they are men for many different reasons- watching someone die right in front of them isn’t one of them.

As someone who was directly affected by 9/11 I think its bullshit that you think people are wrong for being against this movie. I’m not the only one who was directly affected by it, thousands of people died which means thousands more were affected. I think its bullshit that someones going to make millions off of this when they’re doing nothing but recreating what they think happened.

I’m not going to get into the whole ‘no one knows what happened’ on the plane arguement, but I still think this movie shouldnt be made. Someones going to get rich off of this, and IMO the money it receives should be donated to some sort of charity, whether it be for 9/11 or not. I see this guy doing nothing but exploiting 9/11 to make a buck, or 50 million.

Call me sensitive, but I dont need to be reminded of this extremely traumatic event every few hours between seeing the previews at the theatre, TV, radio, newspapers, news, and everywhere else I’m gonna hear about it. Nor do I think anyone who lost someone, or was even in the city that day, wants to be reminded either.

I’ve never had a reason to not respect you Vegita, and I’m not saying I dont now either, but I think its wrong of you to come out with this macho attitude about 9/11 when you might not know how others will react to it. I don’t see any problem with being sensitive or sympathetic about an event that greatly affected our whole country.

[quote]spartanpower wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Dude, it’s Jimmy Hendrix not Jim Morrison. Why the fuck does the black man always get the shaft!?

Maybe it’s because Shaft was a black man? Seriously though, I thought it was Jimmy Hoffa, but whatever.[/quote]

No, you’re thinking of Dustin Hoffman.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
jlesk68 wrote:
bronco68 wrote:
It’s propaganda at its finest…

No one knows for sure what happened on that flight. This movie is bullshit.

How dare you? whatever the government told us is what really happened…

We know the buildings were all destroyed by missles and bombs.

The planes were all flown to a remote island in the south Pacific where the passengers are living with Elvis and Jim Morrison.

Dude, it’s Jimmy Hendrix not Jim Morrison. Why the fuck does the black man always get the shaft!?

It is the fault of the white devils. They are keeping Hendrix down.[/quote]

I was going to go with “the man”.

I don’t think it’s too soon and I don’t think it’s wrong to speculate that this is how it went down based on the information available.

I was proud of what those people did. Whether they get it 100% right is not that relevant. Tell the story. The man, Todd Beamer, no doubt took the lead and showed courage. All any of us could hope to do.

I feel for evey one of the families who lost somebody on 9/11. I certainly knew many as a former resident of Battery Park City. Remember why we are fighting against these people.

[quote]hedo wrote:
I don’t think it’s too soon and I don’t think it’s wrong to speculate that this is how it went down based on the information available.

I was proud of what those people did. Whether they get it 100% right is not that relevant. Tell the story. The man, Todd Beamer, no doubt took the lead and showed courage. All any of us could hope to do.

I feel for evey one of the families who lost somebody on 9/11. I certainly knew many as a former resident of Battery Park City. Remember why we are fighting against these people.[/quote]

I watched the cable movie and I fail to see what else Hollywood can bring to the table with this story, except maybe expensive special effects. I hope if they do make this, that some profits go
to the families.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Vegita wrote:
“Lets Roll”

V

What irritates me to no end is that you make 9/11 sound like something that should have happened, that our country ‘coulda used it.’ Just because times now are more sheltered than they were “back in the day” doesn’t mean you should have to watch or see someone die right in front of you. I know alot of men, and I say men because they are men for many different reasons- watching someone die right in front of them isn’t one of them.

As someone who was directly affected by 9/11 I think its bullshit that you think people are wrong for being against this movie. I’m not the only one who was directly affected by it, thousands of people died which means thousands more were affected. I think its bullshit that someones going to make millions off of this when they’re doing nothing but recreating what they think happened.

I’m not going to get into the whole ‘no one knows what happened’ on the plane arguement, but I still think this movie shouldnt be made. Someones going to get rich off of this, and IMO the money it receives should be donated to some sort of charity, whether it be for 9/11 or not. I see this guy doing nothing but exploiting 9/11 to make a buck, or 50 million.

Call me sensitive, but I dont need to be reminded of this extremely traumatic event every few hours between seeing the previews at the theatre, TV, radio, newspapers, news, and everywhere else I’m gonna hear about it. Nor do I think anyone who lost someone, or was even in the city that day, wants to be reminded either.

I’ve never had a reason to not respect you Vegita, and I’m not saying I dont now either, but I think its wrong of you to come out with this macho attitude about 9/11 when you might not know how others will react to it. I don’t see any problem with being sensitive or sympathetic about an event that greatly affected our whole country.
[/quote]

are you two (you and the one above you) even listening to what your fucking writing? “don’t be macho” “be sensitive” People fucking die, live with it, don’t run and hide and mourn, stand up and celebrate thier lives, show the good they did, in this case, this dude saved peoples lives by fucking up some terrorist peices of shit who hijacked his plane.

My grandmother died a couple years ago… I didn’t have the balls to cry or feel bad for this woman, thats not how she was reaised and thats not what she wanted. Do you think the people who died in the 911 attacks are sitting in the afterlife somewhere wishing more people felt bad and sensitive for them? If yes then you are out of your mind. They want us to be the brazen americans we were before the attacks, they want us to throw our culture back into the extremists faces, being “sensitive” is only recently introducing itself into american culture, and if you follow the atomic dog at all, you’ll know that many of us here think it’s a cancer for testosterone loving men and our society as we know it.

So yes I think you are both being pussies. In fact, I have relatives who died in pearl harbor, and relatives who lived through it. I have talked with the living opnes about the 911 sensitivity bullshit and they agree that our country is way too fucking light these days. Do you even remember what our response was to pearl harbor? 2 fucking nukes. Was it right? i’m not too sure if the japanese would go as far as saying this today or not, but in another 100 years maybe… They are alot better off right now than they ever were, or ever would have been had it not happened. We shocked the shit right out of them and they submitted to our will almost immediately then we rebuilt them. Was it brutal? Of course, was it effective? no doubt. Are nukes the answer this time? probably not. Is overwhelming force followed by a compassionate helping hand good at showing people you don’t hate them, and that you actually want them to be well off, just don’t fuck with us in the process? Yea that generally works.

Some of you seemed to have missed my point in the first memo. If this film makes you angry at terrorists, good, if it makes you proud of americans good. If you feel any other emotions out of watching this film, do me a favor and do some soul searching. Do the dead americans whant you to feel that way, are you really doing it for them, or are you a weak pussy who needs those emotions to hide the shit stain you left in your pants from being so afraid of this situation and the future of our society.

V

Looks like a pretty shitty movie to me. Seeing how it’s based on all American propaganda which will try to cover up the truth (pssst?they shot the plane down). Did they ever find the remains of the crashed plane or did the disappearance an airplane just not seem relevant at all?

Damn, Vegita… Did NetFlix accidently send you Brokeback Mountain instead of the Charles Bronson box set you requested? Forum rage, grrrr!!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Yes Vegita, I realize people die. Alot of people though, were relatively young and shouldnt have died that early. And no one deserves to die burning in a building, or crushed, or however else they died. People deserve a peaceful death.

Yes, I agree with you that our govt is too soft on these guys. Believe me, if I was in power, we’d have alot more troops in Afghanistan than Iraq, but I’m not- Monkey man is.

Yes, alot of T-men think being sensitive may be pussy, although there are many of them who are married and with kids who I bet would have no problem coming out and saying they love them and would be upset if they were to lose them.

I dont need a movie to be angry at terrorists, and the same goes for being proud to be American, as well as being proud of fellow Americans. I’m pretty sure if the Americans who died in 9/11 were looking down at their loved ones, and saw that after seeing this movie that the only feeling they felt was being angry at a terrorist, they’d be a little upset that the people they once loved dont think about them when a thought is prompted.

And not once did I say I was afraid of society and its future.

[quote]eqpfunk wrote:
hedo wrote:

I feel for evey one of the families who lost somebody on 9/11. I certainly knew many as a former resident of Battery Park City. Remember why we are fighting against these people.

I watched the cable movie and I fail to see what else Hollywood can bring to the table with this story, except maybe expensive special effects. I hope if they do make this, that some profits go
to the families.[/quote]

I saw the cable movie also. Thought it was good. I hope the families get some of the profits too.

I watch the following whenever I feel myself forgeting.

http://www.fdnylodd.com/BloodofHeroes.html

Unless you lost people that you knew on 9/11, I don’t see why you feel so sorry for these people.

A much, much greater number of people die from heart attacks every year. Where are your tears for them?

I don’t know any heart attack victims or an 9/11 victims. So to me, it’s just an unfortunate event. One of those things where you say “Oh,” and go back to eating dinner.

Do I dislike the idea of those people dying? Yes. Do I care at all about those people? No, I don’t give a shit, because I never knew any of them and I’m a selfish bastard. Would I rather it hadn’t happened? Of course. Does that change the fact that deep down, I find it impossible to care because it did not harm anyone I know? No.

The people who died are just meaningless numbers to me. The point of the event is what matters to me. The message it sent was like “You aren’t so safe at all.”

I don’t really see that message as something to cry about. If any of you have not lost anyone to this, why are upset about this being “too soon?”

Of course, if you lost someone, go ahead and cry. I know that I would feel equally upset if I lost someone I cared about.

[quote]Vegita wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
Vegita wrote:
“Lets Roll”

V

are you two (you and the one above you) even listening to what your fucking writing? “don’t be macho” “be sensitive” People fucking die, live with it, don’t run and hide and mourn, stand up and celebrate thier lives, show the good they did, in this case, this dude saved peoples lives by fucking up some terrorist peices of shit who hijacked his plane.

My grandmother died a couple years ago… I didn’t have the balls to cry or feel bad for this woman, thats not how she was reaised and thats not what she wanted. Do you think the people who died in the 911 attacks are sitting in the afterlife somewhere wishing more people felt bad and sensitive for them? If yes then you are out of your mind.

They want us to be the brazen americans we were before the attacks, they want us to throw our culture back into the extremists faces, being “sensitive” is only recently introducing itself into american culture, and if you follow the atomic dog at all, you’ll know that many of us here think it’s a cancer for testosterone loving men and our society as we know it.

So yes I think you are both being pussies. In fact, I have relatives who died in pearl harbor, and relatives who lived through it. I have talked with the living opnes about the 911 sensitivity bullshit and they agree that our country is way too fucking light these days. Do you even remember what our response was to pearl harbor? 2 fucking nukes.

Was it right? i’m not too sure if the japanese would go as far as saying this today or not, but in another 100 years maybe… They are alot better off right now than they ever were, or ever would have been had it not happened. We shocked the shit right out of them and they submitted to our will almost immediately then we rebuilt them. Was it brutal? Of course, was it effective? no doubt. Are nukes the answer this time? probably not.

Is overwhelming force followed by a compassionate helping hand good at showing people you don’t hate them, and that you actually want them to be well off, just don’t fuck with us in the process? Yea that generally works.

Some of you seemed to have missed my point in the first memo. If this film makes you angry at terrorists, good, if it makes you proud of americans good. If you feel any other emotions out of watching this film, do me a favor and do some soul searching. Do the dead americans whant you to feel that way, are you really doing it for them, or are you a weak pussy who needs those emotions to hide the shit stain you left in your pants from being so afraid of this situation and the future of our society.

V[/quote]

Vegita Dude, you are such a manly man. Some people lack emotion and maybe you are one of them. And don’t try and compare your numb views to T nation…it so…bad. The way you think about loved ones dying is not the same as others feel about it.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Vegita wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
Vegita wrote:
“Lets Roll”

V

My grandmother died a couple years ago… I didn’t have the balls to cry or feel bad for this woman, thats not how she was reaised and thats not what she wanted. Do you think the people who died in the 911 attacks are sitting in the afterlife somewhere wishing more people felt bad and sensitive for them? If yes then you are out of your mind.

They want us to be the brazen americans we were before the attacks, they want us to throw our culture back into the extremists faces, being “sensitive” is only recently introducing itself into american culture, and if you follow the atomic dog at all, you’ll know that many of us here think it’s a cancer for testosterone loving men and our society as we know it.

So yes I think you are both being pussies. In fact, I have relatives who died in pearl harbor, and relatives who lived through it. I have talked with the living opnes about the 911 sensitivity bullshit and they agree that our country is way too fucking light these days. Do you even remember what our response was to pearl harbor? 2 fucking nukes.

Was it right? i’m not too sure if the japanese would go as far as saying this today or not, but in another 100 years maybe… They are alot better off right now than they ever were, or ever would have been had it not happened. We shocked the shit right out of them and they submitted to our will almost immediately then we rebuilt them. Was it brutal? Of course, was it effective? no doubt. Are nukes the answer this time? probably not.

Is overwhelming force followed by a compassionate helping hand good at showing people you don’t hate them, and that you actually want them to be well off, just don’t fuck with us in the process? Yea that generally works.

V

Vegita Dude, you are such a manly man. Some people lack emotion and maybe you are one of them. And don’t try and compare your numb views to T nation…it so…bad. The way you think about loved ones dying is not the same as others feel about it.

[/quote]

Well if they can say it’s too soon, then I can say it’s not. And while it may be ok to have a soft spot on the inside, I’m pretty sure T-Nation is not about men being soft like that on the outside. Thier loss of loved ones is no different than anyone else who lost a loved one.

Should hollywood not put car accidents in movies because people die in car accidents and too many people cry at movies when they see car accidents? All this whining is unfortunately just a selfish ploy for attention and feel bad for me bullshit.

Dude all this is is calling white white or black black. Am I gonna cry because you called me numb? Hell no, i’m sure on the outside it appears that way and I have been called that before. Does it mean I don’t think of my grandmother andmiss her deeply and wish I hadn’t lost her when I did?

Well it doesn’t Ijust think that people should mourn at a funeral, of right after death in public and the rest of the time in private. Any other of these public displays cheapens the persons death because someone is using it for sympathy and attention. The people shouting “too soon” at the theatres are simply looking to get thier 5 seconds of crowd agreement, and for people to think they are cool.

Anyways, it’s just my opinion, but i think i’m right here. See I can be civil too!

V

I read an article this morning on msn.com about this same topic. A couple of points from the article:

1. The people that made the movie got the ‘okay’ from EVERY SINGLE family that lost someone on Flight 93. Even the people that made the movie said they were shocked because they expected at least a couple of families to object.

2. One of the family members that was quoted said that the movie makers did everything they could to make the movie as accurate as possible (even asking what her mother wore on the plane).

3. 10% of the movies opening-weekend profits is going to a Flight 93 fund. Now in my opinion 10% is not a whole lot but it will amount to a couple million dollars most likely.

Also, I was not directly affected by 9/11 so I will not comment whether or not I feel that this movie is too soon. However, the family members who lost loved ones do not feel that it is too soon so that is good enough for me.

As far as how accurate the movie will be… the one family member said that the movie makers were going to great lengths to be as accurate as possible. Sure there are going to many conflicting stories but there is only so much you can do.

Just fill in the small blanks with the people on flight 93 being as heroic as possible. Afterall, they gave their lives to stop many more from having to do the same.

[quote]Vegita wrote:

My grandmother died a couple years ago… I didn’t have the balls to cry or feel bad for this woman, thats not how she was reaised and thats not what she wanted. Do you think the people who died in the 911 attacks are sitting in the afterlife somewhere wishing more people felt bad and sensitive for them? If yes then you are out of your mind. They want us to be the brazen americans we were before the attacks, they want us to throw our culture back into the extremists faces, being “sensitive” is only recently introducing itself into american culture, and if you follow the atomic dog at all, you’ll know that many of us here think it’s a cancer for testosterone loving men and our society as we know it.

So yes I think you are both being pussies. In fact, I have relatives who died in pearl harbor, and relatives who lived through it. I have talked with the living opnes about the 911 sensitivity bullshit and they agree that our country is way too fucking light these days. Do you even remember what our response was to pearl harbor? 2 fucking nukes. Was it right? i’m not too sure if the japanese would go as far as saying this today or not, but in another 100 years maybe… They are alot better off right now than they ever were, or ever would have been had it not happened. We shocked the shit right out of them and they submitted to our will almost immediately then we rebuilt them. Was it brutal? Of course, was it effective? no doubt. Are nukes the answer this time? probably not. Is overwhelming force followed by a compassionate helping hand good at showing people you don’t hate them, and that you actually want them to be well off, just don’t fuck with us in the process? Yea that generally works.

V[/quote]

Good fucking post.

[quote]Massif wrote:
on vegita’s post

Good fucking post.[/quote]

Agreed.

Vegitas posts were as perfect as any I’ve ever read.

“Too soon?” My head hurts from all the whining that goes on around here and elsewhere. Holy SHIT! Is it too hard to understand that we humans survived over thousands of years by being tough sons-O-bitches and not by going out of our way to pacify and pander to the overly sensitive fairies that seem so damn prevalent now-a-days?

If we as humans had always been such whining, crying, sensitive babies, we’d have died LONG AGO as a species.

Yet I AM sensitive to the victims of 9/11 and those that were close to them. I am one of them. I personally know two kids now without a Dad and a wife without her husband. What good does it do to let 9/11 drift farther into the back of our minds? What we need is scenes playing 24/7 of both planes smashing into the towers, the jumpers, the wounded, the burned, the firefighters, cops, regular folks, the whole greusome episode.

I’ve been labled a hard-ass and much worse on these forums because of my stand on these things and I don’t really give a crap. I’ve been called many names for saying that I’d use physical force to stop a flag burner as well. As long as I have my forefathers and the “Greatest Generation” on my side, who really cares?