T Nation

Flexibility Advice

Hi everyone,

A few months ago I was diagnosed with runners knee. I went to the pt and they identified that I was very tight in the hips and in the hamstrings along with weak glute mediums. Since then, I have stretched twice a day for about 15 minutes a session and also foam rolling my it band. Specifically, calf stretches, hip flexor, hamstrings, and glutes. My flexibility has certainly improved a ton. However, I am still having issues when I do a wall squat test where I start to fall forward and I try and steady myself (I can feel it in my tibialis). What is that typically symptomatic of and any good stretches? While my runners knee has mainly gone away, I still have pain in the medial portion of my knee when I squat or move it the wrong way which makes me think I still have some flexibility imbalances. Thanks

Geoff

[quote]gsherman14 wrote:
Hi everyone,

A few months ago I was diagnosed with runners knee. I went to the pt and they identified that I was very tight in the hips and in the hamstrings along with weak glute mediums. Since then, I have stretched twice a day for about 15 minutes a session and also foam rolling my it band. Specifically, calf stretches, hip flexor, hamstrings, and glutes. My flexibility has certainly improved a ton. However, I am still having issues when I do a wall squat test where I start to fall forward and I try and steady myself (I can feel it in my tibialis). What is that typically symptomatic of and any good stretches? While my runners knee has mainly gone away, I still have pain in the medial portion of my knee when I squat or move it the wrong way which makes me think I still have some flexibility imbalances. Thanks

Geoff[/quote]
Does it hurt over the joint line?