Flex Wheeler's Arm Training Vids

Muscular Development.com has the new ‘EFX NATURAL FREAK’ Flex Wheeler arm training vids.

I’m not going to give my opinion yet…

Go check it out.

mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/category/30/176/204/

DG

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Muscular Development.com has the new ‘EFX NATURAL FREAK’ Flex Wheeler arm training vids.

Go check it out.

DG[/quote]

Don’t tell me you’re on that synthol bandwagon too.

Go check it out.

DG[/quote]

Why is there an opinion to give?

[quote]Qaash wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:

Go check it out.

DG

Don’t tell me you’re on that synthol bandwagon too.[/quote]

People actually believe that?

His arms were freaky from the moment he began competing. Hell, before that. The first time I ever saw Flex in a magazine his arms looked like NO ONE else’s from the same time period.

Looks like he got over his illness…

I’m not getting the synthol part? Looks all normal to me.

Edit: Ok, now that I watched it again his upper arms do seem kinda out of proportion to the rest of him and all… Dunno, I’m not really an authority on synthol.
Comparison:

People think that Ruhl has synth in his delts and bis, but seriously:

a) Ruhls tris suck, so why doesn’t he pump those full?

b) He Smith overhead pressed (yes, all the way to lockout) about 700 pounds for a double with an insanely wide grip, and usually uses 400+ for plenty of reps… You telling me that synthol now lifts the weight for people?

c) Ruhl’s musculature shifts/flexes like muscles would naturally do during movements and exertion and all, same for Wheeler. The extreme synthol/site injection people’s muscles look pretty much the same in most positions, from what I’ve seen/are somewhat static (I can’t really explain what I mean all that well, sorry).

Over on the MD boards there’s this rumor that Flex put synthol in his arms ala Greg Valentino and it won’t die…even after you see him flexing his arms repeatedly. They refuse to let it go.

[quote]Qaash wrote:
Over on the MD boards there’s this rumor that Flex put synthol in his arms ala Greg Valentino and it won’t die…even after you see him flexing his arms repeatedly. They refuse to let it go.[/quote]

Oh well… Who cares. We’ll never know anyway.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Qaash wrote:
Over on the MD boards there’s this rumor that Flex put synthol in his arms ala Greg Valentino and it won’t die…even after you see him flexing his arms repeatedly. They refuse to let it go.

Oh well… Who cares.[/quote]

Message boards are rarely the friends of pro bodybuilders.

Flex was a freak and still is. Comparing him to everyone else is pointless.

Screw the synthol theory. His muscles can actually contract…

NO,no,no,no,no No synthol bandwagoner here. lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I read an article a LOOOOONG time ago where flex had admitted to synthol use in his calves ant thats it! I believe him.

He is definitely one of my favorite bodybuilders of all time.

My ‘opinion’ to give is this…

I’ve been awaiting this for a LONG time now, ever since the original ‘natural freak’ ads. I’ve been following the little rumors and remarks for a while. I am sad to say, but I am somewhat disappointed.

I know the business and marketing side of things but I didn’t like hearing about EFX the entire time, I also didn’t like the end when flex barely takes his shirt off. lol I’ve been following this whole deal and Flex has always been somewhat of a shit talker, HE LOOKED DAMNED GOOD, I’ll give him that but I was expecting him to show off his physique a little more to back up what he’s been saying. He didn’t show off his physique to the level he was talking.

Idk the guy has NOTHING to prove and I’ll never bash him. I’d give my left nut to build a physique Flex had, or has for that matter at his age.

I was just somewhat disappointed in the video, not really disappointment, but it didn’t live up to my expectations anyways.

That’s really it…nothing major as far as an opinion, but I didn’t want to talk about the video before you all had your chance to view it :stuck_out_tongue: lol

DG

NO,no,no,no,no No synthol bandwagoner here. lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I read an article a LOOOOONG time ago where flex had admitted to synthol use in his calves ant thats it! I believe him.

DG[/quote]

I think you may be mistaken about this (although I could be wrong). I can tell you Flex’s claims from the time he stated that, as Shawn Ray put it, Ninjas beat him up and destroyed his car and I have never seen him in text or live admit that he used synthol in his calves. Mind you, Shawn Ray may have started a few rumors.

I know the business and marketing side of things but I didn’t like hearing about EFX the entire time, I also didn’t like the end when flex barely takes his shirt off. lol I’ve been following this whole deal and Flex has always been somewhat of a shit talker, HE LOOKED DAMNED GOOD, I’ll give him that but I was expecting him to show off his physique a little more to back up what he’s been saying. He didn’t show off his physique to the level he was talking.

Idk the guy has NOTHING to prove and I’ll never bash him. I’d give my left nut to build a physique Flex had, or has for that matter at his age.

I was just somewhat disappointed in the video, not really disappointment, but it didn’t live up to my expectations anyways.

That’s really it…nothing major as far as an opinion, but I didn’t want to talk about the video before you all had your chance to view it :stuck_out_tongue: lol

DG[/quote]

As far as this is concerned, Flex Wheeler was known as having the world’s best genetics as far as symmetry and size. I don’t blame him for being a little camera shy considering he is far removed from where he was at his peak.

I will say he looks more developed than most of the people who talk shit about him on other forums.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:

DG

As far as this is concerned, Flex Wheeler was known as having the world’s best genetics as far as symmetry and size. I don’t blame him for being a little camera shy considering he is far removed from where he was at his peak.

I will say he looks more developed than most of the people who talk shit about him on other forums.[/quote]

I think it was one of MD or Flex’s ‘celebration’ mags. You know the 25th anniversary or something. As you said it could have well been a rumor. It wasn’t a direct quotation, but something along the lines of “year x: Flex wheeler admits to synthol use in his calves…or having calf implants”. I don’t really care tho, regaurdless of if he used synthol in his calves or not I do not hold that against him.

I agree that he looks great. I can’t think of many 40+ year old that look that good, I don’t know of ANY 40+ year olds who’ve had a kidney transplant that look that good! lol

I also understand if he was being a little camera shy. I also know most of what Flex does in reguards to ‘talking shit’ is jokingly, but I just don’t think those videos lived up to the hype he put on them and himself.

DG

I will also add that I think GREG VALENTINO needs to stop at life.

He is a failure and a complete douchebag IMO.

I don’t believe a single word that comes out of that guys mouth and he has done more to harm the sport of bodybuilding than help it. He also considers himself to be a bodybuilder. I have never seen a pic of him where I was impressed.

DG

does anyone else think he needs too hit his shoulders a little harder? apart from that looks good

Yeah, Shawn Ray started that rumor in the late 90’s and kept it up. He accused him of calf implants because he said when he first hit the scene, his calves were small. Flex never admitted that and dared someone to come forward and test his calves with an MRI…as long as they paid for it. No one ever did.

Sorry DG…didn’t mean to put you on the spot.They been at it over there since the video posted. Thought you might have been continuing it here for discussion.
Ray admitted to t calf rumor as a way to screw with Flexs head…seemed to work on occasion too.

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
does anyone else think he needs too hit his shoulders a little harder? apart from that looks good[/quote]

It’s kind of hard to judge the physique of a past top contender bodybuilder who is know retired don’t ya think? :wink: lol I mean from a bodybuilding standpoint I’d say Flex needs to pull his delts up, but being he’s retired…lol I am in no position to be a critic of Flex’s physique.

X: I hope that Flex never used implants nor synthol and that it was a rumor from Shawn Ray. This is now the route I choose to believe as I stated before. Flex is one of, if not my favorite bodybuilder.

jtg987 wrote:
does anyone else think he needs too hit his shoulders a little harder? apart from that looks good

It’s kind of hard to judge the physique of a past top contender bodybuilder who is know retired don’t ya think? :wink: lol I mean from a bodybuilding standpoint I’d say Flex needs to pull his delts up, but being he’s retired…lol I am in no position to be a critic of Flex’s physique.

X: I hope that Flex never used implants nor synthol and that it was a rumor from Shawn Ray. This is now the route I choose to believe as I stated before. Flex is one of, if not my favorite bodybuilder.

[/quote]

His calves never looked like implants. That was just Shawn being Shawn. The latest accusations are probably coming from people too young to remember just how freaky Flex’s arms were when he first hit the scene before the rest of him caught up to them.

[quote]Qaash wrote:
Sorry DG…didn’t mean to put you on the spot.They been at it over there since the video posted. Thought you might have been continuing it here for discussion.
Ray admitted to t calf rumor as a way to screw with Flexs head…seemed to work on occasion too.[/quote]

No worries man. I don’t post over there, but I do read the forums. Same goes with Anabolicminds.com

This seems to be one of the boards that has the least amount of ‘broscience’ or ‘broknowledge’ lol

Here is another pic just for kicks

DG