Flex Wheeler to Compete in Classic Physique

This was what I was referencing. Sorry for not being clearer in my original post. My language was also slightly hyperbolic for the sake of making a point.

Nah man, you’re good. I didn’t realize he left a second time before he moved to the wizards

For me, big waste of time. Miles off making top 6.
Also underestimated how much muscle he needed, seems like a lot of the guys were 220-25 on stage/prob did a big water cut to make weight…

I am a bit confused as to why people would aim to get bigger after a certain size is reached considering it’s only going to make it harder to make weight and to rely on drastic measures when the conditioning and size can be there far in advance.

1 Like

Anyone going onto the stage is going to try to get as dry as possible, no matter what they weight.

You mean for the weight locked classes?

I think the real concern is that counting on losing what is just water to make weight when you could have taken a bit more time losing actual adipose, would translate to better stage conditioning (less reliance on diuretics?), a less stressed carb up, and less concern for “making weight.”

S

1 Like

I dunno, I think Sadik in that vid was referring to a more harsh/wrestling style water cut

if guy A is walking around at 220, and guy B is walking around at 205, and they have comparable levels of conditioning (and similar height of course), you don’t think guy A is likely bringing a better package to the stage? It’s not a given, by any means, but carrying around more muscle mass would generally be a favorable quality I would think. Now, if a guy is over the weight class limit AND is still not in tip-top contest condition, and cuts water to make weight, that’s a different story.

I obviously have the mentality of a strength athlete, but in my world, walking around at 220 and weighing in at 200 puts a guy at a distinct advantage in competition against a guy who didn’t have to cut water to make weight. There’s so much more POTENTIAL for being stronger, carrying more muscle, when you’re walking around at a heavier weight, and you can get back to your walk-around weight after weighing in within just a few hours.

2 Likes

So,… I’m assuming that wheeler is officially done with the sport?

Levrone had this “comeback” last year, but nut turnin. Out the way I assume he had hoped, he’s been says by how he’s now prepping towards another show.

S

1 Like