I recently joined an MMA gym.
I have lots of power. Not too surprising since I'm naturally explosive and have been doing PL type training on and off for 10 years, but almost always training hard.
Not a whole lot of need to get much, if any stronger
Height: 5' 9.5"
I should be able to lose 10 more without dropping strength much if any. I'm a bit softer than I like, especially around the midsection.
1. Muscle Endurance- My breath isn't what runs out, it's mainly my mid-section and shoulders that run of out of steam. This is getting trained very well in the MMA gym 3x week for 2 hours 2x week and 1 hour 1x week.
Ability to display power repeatedly
Ability to display power 'rotationally'
Heavy Upper Movements (Heavy defined as 80% or more)
-Close Grip BP w/ mini bands
Heavy Lower Movements
-Jefferson DL (straddle deadlift)
-Front Squat Box Squat
-Half Squat Zercher from Pins
-push up w/ a Light Band or a mini
- 8 sets, 5 reps, 30s rest between sets
- Manta Ray Box Squat w/ Light Band
- 8 sets, 5 reps, 30s between sets
- Bosu Ball Push Up plyo 10x5 30s
- seated wall throw from both sides and in front
- Kneeling Jump Forward; will have to figure out set/rep scheme
- plyo lateral lunge
- Standing 1-Arm Band Press
- kroc row
- rope press down w/ flared elbows (build meat on elbow for protection)
- rope curls, just superset with press downs
- Diagonal Lunge
- Straight Leg Hip Thrust to Leg Curl
- band good/bad girls while bridging
Direct abs covered in classes
Upper and Lower Plyos 1
Upper and Lower Plyo 2