Flaxseed/Fish Oil Brands

I have never taken any of these oil supplements but multiple people have recommended them to me now, not to mention reading about them here. I am just looking for brand recommendations from everyone here.
Thanks

[quote]splkast wrote:
I have never taken any of these oil supplements but multiple people have recommended them to me now, not to mention reading about them here. I am just looking for brand recommendations from everyone here.
Thanks[/quote]

Health from the Sun brand for fish oil is pretty good. As for flax oil, try Spectrum. Try to get Flax oil that is cold-pressed. Also, make sure the fish oil is molecularly distilled and free of metals (mercury etc).

G

[quote]chints wrote:

Health from the Sun brand for fish oil is pretty good. As for flax oil, try Spectrum. Try to get Flax oil that is cold-pressed. Also, make sure the fish oil is molecularly distilled and free of metals (mercury etc).

G
[/quote]

From the local stores or online stores? ( know we can get better stuff online for less but I’m wondering about the delivery method because I live in Texas and you know it gets hot down here and I know UPS or FedEx don’t really keep their truck cool. Does it affect the fish oil and flax oil freshness?

Alpha Omega M3 by Serrano Labs. They are Omega 3 fish oil. Great product!

Thanks for the replys so far! I recently moved to a new area and don’t know what is all around here for stores, but I do know there is a GNC and a Nutri-Sport. Can you get these products there or are they ordered from on-line? Thanks. Oh, and you should take both Flaxseed and Fish Oil right?

The Alpha Omega’s can be ordered online. They were formulated by Dr. Eric Serrano MD. I would concentrate on the fish oil over the flax oil.

Well, in the past I’ve bought Flax oil from regular grocery stores. You can get the Spectrum brand easily. As for Fish oil, I get it online. Also, I’m much more particular about the Fish oil brand for purity reasons.

If I remember correctly, the Flax oil bottle said “Refrigerate once opened”. I’m off Flax now and get my n-3s from Fish oil.

If you want more info, let me know.

G

[quote]Tungsten wrote:
chints wrote:

G

From the local stores or online stores? ( know we can get better stuff online for less but I’m wondering about the delivery method because I live in Texas and you know it gets hot down here and I know UPS or FedEx don’t really keep their truck cool. Does it affect the fish oil and flax oil freshness? [/quote]

Are there any brands you would recommend that do not cause “burping”? (Extra air?)

I’m farting like a beast with fish oils.

in my opinion, flax oil is way overrated. I think it’s great to consume a few tablespoons of freshly ground, organic flax seed every day. You get a lot more health benefits (fibre, lignans) than if you just take the oil, plus the oil is expensive and very heat sensitive. Just buy organic, brown flax seed, grind it (takes two seconds) and sprinkle it on cottage cheese, put it in a tuna sandwich, etc. It’s way cheaper and healthier.

As for fish oil, I’d also suggest storing it in the fridge. Any omega-3 oil will last longer if kept cool and away from light…Can’t hurt.