Flax Supplementation

Hi all,

I recently bought a few pounds of flax to ground and add to my diet. I have two questions in that regard:

• The grains in the picture I found of flax on the Wiki don’t have the same color as the ones I have. Mine are much darker. Does anybody know if there a difference between the two? If so, which variety is better?

• I noticed a slight aftertaste that resembles bitter almonds. Usually, that indicates cyanide (For all you picky type, I know it’s not exactly Cyanide; Rather it’s a compound that the body turns into Cyanide but I can never seem to remember its name). Are my taste buds betraying me or is this thing potentially toxic?

Thanks in advance,

P.S: I do consume fish oil. I decided to add flax since there doesn’t seem to be a consensus on which is best.

If you do a search on Flax, you will find that it might do more harm than good with increasing estrogen levels.

There doesn’t seem to be any consensus on whether the net effect is good or bad. Plus there is the whole prostate thing.

I am going to stop taking it for the time being.

If you can, replace the flax with walnuts.

Sorry I can’t help with your questions.

[quote]lixy wrote:
I decided to add flax since there doesn’t seem to be a consensus on which is best.[/quote]

What!?

Fish oil > flax seed