Flax Seed Oil

How much Flax Seed Oil does everyone take a day ? I tend to add 15ml to my morning or evening Protien shakes…Is this to much or to little ? Thanks, Paul Govier

About 3 tablespoons. I don’t know the conversion. Jason Norcross knows his flax. Try him as he helped me with a similar Q.

Recently, 1-2 T per day. Most of the time I shoot for 2 T per day.

I always shoot for one tablespoon per day, sometimes I get two, depending on my current goals.

Just so that we are all on the same page:

1 T = 1 Tablespoon = 15ml

Just making sure.

I have been taking 4 Tbs a day for the last year or so… Make sure you eat other likes of fat too though. I am a big fan of Pecans and it will not hurt you to incorporate some Olive oil into those night time shakes too. A dash of mint extract masks the taste and if you close your eyes, you would think you were drinking Andie’s Candies.

Since you know your flax, can you explain to me why straight flax oil(2tbsp/day) gives me breakouts, but Structred EFA EAS caps(about 10/day) do not. Any clarification would be appreciated.

If you don’t mind, I would like your opinion also on the problem I’m having with flax. Thanks.

I had a problem with breaking out after Flax as well. I have always counted on fish and nuts for EFAs in the past but decided to give flax a try. After three days of taking it, I started to break out. By the fifth day I had more zits on my face than ever before. I am 25 so this was definately out of the norm. Glad I wasn’t the only one to have this happen. Anythin to prevent the zits?

Honestly, I don’t have a good answer for you. Were there any other changes in your diet or just a switch between flax and structured EFA? I see no reason for this to occur unless there was an allergic reaction to the flax at a higher dose than what is in the structured EFA (very, very unlikely). Another option is that when you were taking the 2 T of flax oil, you were taking in more total fat, thus boosting testosterone levels giving you the breakouts. Other than that, I can’t really tell you why this happens.

I can´t understand why people don´t take fish oil instead. Lemon flavoured fish oil tastes pretty good and is a much better choise anyways. So why take bad tasting potentially estrogenic flax oil at all?!