Flax Seed Oil vs Olive Oil

Wow–why the exclusionary thought process? First, and according to Poliquin, a study he sited indicated that the vast majority of flax seed oil samples tested from store shelves were rancid! Second, organic flax seeds are cheep. I grind them in my Magic Bullet. They contain lots of fibre that the oil does not. Yes, they contain a substance with weak phytoestrogenic properties–lignans. However, lignans MAY actually lower estrogen levels by competitively binding to the estrogen receptor and preventing stronger estrogens (including zenoestrogens) from binding. So, for me, it’s organic ground flax seeds all the way (in moderation)! It’s a great way to add much needed fibre to protein shakes. I sometimes eat walnuts instead.

EVOO has MANY benefits–including, weight loss, cardiovascular health, blood pressure, etc. Do a search here. Also, check out www.ergo-log.com They just had a recent article on yet another benefit of olive oil. I use it in salad dressings.

If I use oil to cook with it’s only coconut oil (which has some beneficial properties also); however, this is in small amounts and is not the focus of my healthy fat intake.

I use Smart Balance spread on my steamed vegies, etc. It has a nice ratio of healthy PUFA, Mono, and saturated fats.

Finally, I take 10 fish oil caps/day for the EPA/DHA.

People should be thinking beyond the simplistic which ONE fat is the best.

Crowbar

[quote]tylerlehmann wrote:
Hey I appreciate your reply but I am not a moron. I know all about the caloric needs for the day and if you wanna lose weight you need to take in less cals then maintenance. My problem was I was still eating too little of calories even tho i was eating 6-7 times daily and got my 300+ grams of protein. I know you dont know my diet but dont assume im just an idiot.[/quote]

Neither did I say you was a moron or assumed you are an idiot.

[quote]redgladiator wrote:

You want to ADD calories yet burn fat? [/quote]

Sounds like a condescending thing to say.

[quote]tylerlehmann wrote:
redgladiator wrote:

You want to ADD calories yet burn fat?

Sounds like a condescending thing to say.

[/quote]

I purposely ended the sentance with a question mark asking for an explaination, not to be condescending.

/Hijack, let’s get back on topic.

agreed but i am good now so thanks again everyone