Flavoured Yogurt PWO

Yes, us Canadians spell it flavoured :stuck_out_tongue:

How would blueberry yogurt size up as part of a PWO meal? Blueberries and yogurt both being powerfoods, and the excess sugar working to your advantage since it is PWO?

The only thing I’m worried about is if it would digest quick enough.

Whats everyones thoughts on this?

I’m looking to an alternative to my current 2 cups of cranberry juice with my protein shake.

[quote]lolfinkle wrote:
Yes, us Canadians spell it flavoured :stuck_out_tongue:

How would blueberry yogurt size up as part of a PWO meal? Blueberries and yogurt both being powerfoods, and the excess sugar working to your advantage since it is PWO?

The only thing I’m worried about is if it would digest quick enough.

Whats everyones thoughts on this?[/quote]

minutiae!!

It’s fine. It’s not as good as the best thing and certainly much better than the worst.

Your body should be using the nutrients from what you’ve eaten in the pas 1-2 hours and even past 12-24 as much or more as the post. My opinion is that simple carbs are the #1 thing to get in to your system post workout and this can and should be done within 30-90 minutes. I like at least a 2:1 carb/protein ratio and even 3or4:1 is ok.

My main focus has been and continues to be having my body full of good proteins and aminos BEFORE I hit the gym. 20 ozs gatorade with protein after. Healthy meal sometime after that. Are there better–sure. But after doing my benefit analysis–this suffuces.