Flavoring MAG-10 + Surge Recovery

If I mix MAG-10 w/ Surge Recovery do I still need to add the liquid flavoring that comes with MAG-10?

[quote]Mutsanah wrote:
If I mix MAG-10 w/ Surge Recovery do I still need to add the liquid flavoring that comes with MAG-10?[/quote]

You don’t NEED to do anything. I’m willing to bet it’s going to turn out nasty either way. You might try drinking them separately.

It depends on your ratio of MAG-10 to Surge. If you’re using two scoops of Surge and one scoop of MAG-10, you will probably be fine without. This is all a preference issue. I probably use more of the liquid flavoring than most, but that’s because I have an out-of-control sweet tooth. In fact, I implore Biotest to sell them as a stand-alone item.

[quote]JN7844 wrote:
It depends on your ratio of MAG-10 to Surge. If you’re using two scoops of Surge and one scoop of MAG-10, you will probably be fine without. This is all a preference issue. I probably use more of the liquid flavoring than most, but that’s because I have an out-of-control sweet tooth. In fact, I implore Biotest to sell them as a stand-alone item.[/quote]

Reason why I’m asking is because for now I’m just using Surge Recovery, drinking 1 scoop with 12oz water @ -10 WO and then another scoop with 25oz water during WO; at +10 WO I take one of those 26g protein shots, those ones in the little tubes. (Inferior, but convenient for my schedule)

But MAG-10 is a superior protein and faster acting so I’m thinking of trading out the protein shot for the MAG-10 in WO Protocol.

So maybe 1 scoop MAG-10 + 1 scoop Surge Recovery @ -10 WO and 1 scoop Surge Recovery + 1 scoop MAG-10 during WO finishing it within 10 minutes of end of WO.

Thoughts?

If I were to go with that protocol, I would choose raspberry Surge and berry MAG-10.

Perhaps you might prefer Surge Workout Fuel with MAG-10 instead. 2 scoops of each with 1000-1200 ml of water seems about right.

[quote]JN7844 wrote:
If I were to go with that protocol, I would choose raspberry Surge and berry MAG-10.

Perhaps you might prefer Surge Workout Fuel with MAG-10 instead. 2 scoops of each with 1000-1200 ml of water seems about right.[/quote]

So WO Protocol would just be:

1 Scoop Surge Workout Fuel + 1 Scoop MAG-10 @ -10WO
1 Scoop Surge Workout Fuel + 1 Scoop MAG-10 Peri-WO and finish within 10 mins of end

30-60 mins Post WO meal with protein/fat

I have more tolerance than most for the taste of casein hydrolysate, so another person’s results might well vary, but personally when also including Surge Recovery in my mix I don’t need the liquid flavoring.

But if using it, there is no incompatability between the berry liquid flavoring and Surge Original Flavor or the Surge Raspberry.

i agree. what happens if you use more than the recommended flavoring (or use it to flavor water, or it spills all over the wall and floor bc the cap wasnt on right, in my case) and you need a little more to finish your other products?

and when will the 'quila lime flavor be introduced also? :wink:

[quote]BARDUKE wrote:

i agree. what happens if you use more than the recommended flavoring (or use it to flavor water, or it spills all over the wall and floor bc the cap wasnt on right, in my case) and you need a little more to finish your other products?

and when will the 'quila lime flavor be introduced also? :wink:
[/quote]

I use way less that the recommended dosage. hense I have tons of little flavoring bottle at my house. You could come pick them up if you want some.

i used all my SWF and still have about half the bottle left. for 1 full serving (20oz) i could only stand 1/2 a cap full. any more would make it ungodly too sweet for me.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
I have more tolerance than most for the taste of casein hydrolysate, so another person’s results might well vary, but personally when also including Surge Recovery in my mix I don’t need the liquid flavoring.

But if using it, there is no incompatability between the berry liquid flavoring and Surge Original Flavor or the Surge Raspberry. [/quote]

Bill:

Which combo would you prefer if you had to choose for peri-workout?

Surge WO Fuel + MAG-10 - or - Surge Recovery + MAG-10?

2 scoops of each

[quote]BARDUKE wrote:
i used all my SWF and still have about half the bottle left. for 1 full serving (20oz) i could only stand 1/2 a cap full. any more would make it ungodly too sweet for me.[/quote]

Agreed - I use 1/3 cap and still pretty sweet for me…but I have no sweet tooth