Flats or Heels For Squat?

It’s chucks… lmao

I thought you were working security for a logging operation. Always got to be careful with those damn tree huggers.

Not anymore it isn’t! Atleast not when I’m around anyone wearing cucks!

1 Like

What’s this I hear? Chucks are for cucks?

1 Like

Have any flat shoed people had good luck with the adadis powerlift 3.whatever? The heel isn’t quite as high as the others and I’ve read it’s a good transition shoe .
I have some on a UPS truck as we speak LOL

I don’t know about flat soled people but I have seen Dan Green, James Strickland, and a kid from Ottawa named Mark Plummer (who has or had an IPF junior squat record) use them. They won’t be a drastic change from flat shoes, that much I can tell you.

1 Like

UPDATE: I LOVE THEM MORE THAN ANY SHOES I HAVE EVER SQUATTED IN

Here’s my order of favorite to least as I’ve tried everything
Adidas powerlift 3.1
Sabo deadlift
chucks
crossfit lit tr or something I forget. I used these for forever too
do-win
romaloes
(SP)
?

I never thought heels would be for me but these feel amazing and didn’t require any adaptation time!!
<3
:heartbeat:

1 Like

A while back Mike Tuchscherer took a pair of do-wins and had them altered so that there was just a slight heel, those worked well for him. There aren’t a lot of options between flat soles and a full heel, the Adidas are probably the only one you can just buy straight up.

1 Like

I’ve done meets in both. I bought heels for olympic lifting long before I started powerlifting and they hold up well, so I I decided to keep using them and get my return on investment till they break apart. I personally don’t feel any difference in squats or flats unless I’m doing front squats.

I also wear heels for bench.

However, if I never got them in the first place, I would not be using them now. I wear Adidas Powerlift 2 and Chuck Taylors (Fresh model, hi top with padded collar)

1 Like

I switched to heeled shoes and they felt good. Made my squat more comfortable. I will say if you switch to heels you better do more mobility work or you will be like me and forget your squat shoes one day and have to squat flat footed and it will suck.