Okay I finally decided to create a TRT log to keep track of my progress… Should have done this from the start rather than creating more topics. Its become quite confusing with all the info spread around different topics. So I wanted to tidy things up and have just one topic to keep track of my ongoing TRT journey.
- I am self medicating. Though I managed to get a prescription in the UK for Sustanon and also HCG.
- I was diagnosed with juvenile scleroderma back when I was 17.
- Undescended testicles till 4 years old when I had an operation to bring them down.
- Lived all my adult life with joint pain, low libido, and low immune system leading to me continually picking up bugs/viruses.
- Just found out I have had hepatitis b in the past.
- The last two or so years my health has gotten much worse with new symptoms which have made it very hard for me to function normally. Fatigue, severe brain fog, zero motivation etc. Running my company is next to impossible feeling like this. And the business is suffering big time.
Full bloods for reference further down page!
Total Testosterone: (Range: 9.00 - 31.00 nmol/L)
03/aug/2016 = 15.9 nmol/L
24/oct/2017 = 16.0 nmol/L
20/dec/2017 = 13.9 nmol/L
15/jan/2018 = 11.1 nmol/L
6/march/2018 = 14.4 nmol/L
9/april /2018 = 13.4 nmol/L
21/may /2018 = >52 nmol/L
4/july/2018 = 40.3 nmol/L
28/aug/2018 = 42.4 nmol/L
19/sep/2018 = 31.7 nmol/L
19/dec/2018 = 28.3 nmol/L
Free Testosterone: (Range: 0.30 - 1.00 nmol/L)
24/oct/2017 = 0.357 nmol/L
15/jan/2018 = 0.241 nmol/L
9/april /2018 = 0.291 nmol/L
21/may/2018 = 1.69 nmol/L
4/july/2018 = 1.26 nmol/L
19/sep/2018 = 0.70 nmol/L
19/dec/2018 = 0.89 nmol/L
E2/Oestradiol: (Range: 0.00 - 191.99 pmol/L)
03/aug/2016 = 26.9 pmol/L
24/oct/2017 = 48.1 pmol/L
15/jan/2018 = 21.5 pmol/L
9/april/2018 = <18.4 pmol/L
9/may/2018 = 105 pmol/L
21/may/2018 = 100 pmol/L
13/june/2018 = 122 pmol/L
4/july/2018 = 168 pmol/L (*one week took 2x25mg Aromasin)
24/july/2018 = 94.4 pmol/L
28/aug/2018 = 104 pmol/L
26/sep/2018 = 75.6 pmol/L
31/oct/2018 = 57.8 pmol/L
19/dec/2018 = 113 pmol/L
SHBG: (Range: 16.00 - 55.00 nmol/L)
24/oct/2017 = 27.7 nmol/L
15/jan/2018 = 28.7 nmol/L
9/april/2018 = 25.2 nmol/L
21/may/2018 = 20.0 nmol/L
4/july/2018 = 19.6 nmol/L
19/sep/2018 = 37.0 nmol/L
19/dec/2018 = 18.0 nmol/L
Prolactin: (Range: 86.00 - 324.00 mIU/L)
24/oct/2017 = 164 mIU/L
20/dec/2017 = 319 mIU/L
15/jan/2018 = 208 mIU/L
19/dec/2018 = 111 mIU/L
Thyroid TSH: (Range: 0.27 - 4.20 mU/L)
03/aug/2016 = 2.48 mU/L
20/dec/2017 = 3.07 mU/L
15/jan/2018 = 4.20 mU/L *Note: Did iodine replenishment for 14 days prior to this test.
4/july/2018 = 2.37 mU/L
28/aug/2018 = 3.43 mU/L
19/sep/2018 = 2.43 mU/L. *Note: Took Levo/T4 50 mcg for five weeks. (Felt really shit)
19/dec/2018 = 1.76 mU/L
Thyroid Ft4: (Range: 12.00 - 22.00 pmol/L)
03/aug/2016 = 16.49 pmol/L
20/dec/2017 = 16.50 pmol/L
15/jan/2018 = 13.50 pmol/L *Note: Did iodine replenishment for 14 days prior to this test.
4/july/2018 = 15.8 pmol/L
28/aug/2018 = 17.6 pmol/L
19/sep/2018 = 21.0 pmol/L
19/12/2018 = 17.5 pmol/L
Thyroid Ft3: (Range: 3.10 - 6.80 pmol/L)
03/aug/2016 = 5.02 pmol/L
15/jan/2018 = 5.91 pmol/L *Note: Did iodine replenishment for 14 days prior to this test.
4/july/2018 = 5.45 pmol/L
28/aug/2018 = 4.95 pmol/L
Thyroid Rt3: (Range: 10.00 - 24.00 ng/dL)
15/jan/2018 = 15.00 ng/dL
Thyroid Rt3 Ratio: (Range: 15.01 - 75.00)
15/jan/2018 = 25.65
*Note re Rt3 Ratio: The rT3 ratio measures the level of reverse T3 in relation to free T3 in your blood. A low ratio indicates that the balance is favouring rT3, potentially leaving you with insufficient levels of active thyroid hormones in your cells. Some practitioners believe that a low ratio will lead to symptoms of hypothyroidism even when thyroid hormones are at normal levels.
Updated Bloods - 01 January 2019
Five months into TRT… How I’m feeling???
- First three months or so felt really sick. Generally felt like I had a nasty virus or flu. Joint pains, swollen glands, bad tinitus, chest pain, low pulse, pins and needles. So basically feeling like shite! Think this was my body reacting to the hormone changes and the silly high dose I put myself onto after thinking I’m a hyper mataboliser.
- I’ve been lowering my dose over the last five months and gradually the flu like symptoms went away.
- Unfortunately for the first four months I’ve not really felt any positives improvements in how I’ve been feeling. Most of the changes in how I’ve been feeling have been negative. These include - feeling very sleepy and fatigued, loss of penis sensitivity, back acne, still pretty low libido, brain fog and low motivation and I’ve been getting itchy/tingling sensation in the chest area. (E2 got too high I think)
- The last week I think there’s been a slight improvement because I’ve actaully managed to get some stuff done around the house and work. Though I am still getting bouts of feeling extremely sleepy.
What I think is going on and why I think TRT has not been very successful so far…
- I put my body under too much stress ramping up my test dose way to quickly. It could not handle the change.
- Think I may well be a hyper metaboliser, looking at the first five weeks blood results. (Levels went down from pre TRT levels)
- I think my thyroid is struggling causing me issues and buggering my TRT.
- I was sure I had a low cortisol issue because of how exhausted I am especially in the morning. (Takes me 2-3 hours to get up and going) In the past I had quite low 8am cortisol but I just did the saliva test and my levels seemed fine.
- I will be testing aldosterone soon as I suspect that could be low. Also be testing for electrolyte imbalance. (24 hour urine test for both)
Some questions I still have…
- Should I change from Sustanon to cypionate or enanthate? I am only using Sustanon because that’s what my GP will give me at the moment. I’m injecting EOD as I’m working from the shortest Ester which is the propionate.
- Should I do trial of thyroid meds? If so which is best to start. I have T3 and T4 to hand.
- Anything I can do/take to make my libido better? Only time I seem to feel like sex is if Ive had a few drinks. Maybe I should just become monk or something ):
- My blood sugar feels like it spikes up and down throughout the day even though blood sugar tests I’ve done in the past were normal. Anything else that could give me this feeling of extreme sleepiness?