Flameout, Burps?

[quote]wings_931 wrote:
why did the T-Nation author state thats it happens for very bad reasons?[/quote]

Because no one is God All-knowing? And even a “T-Nation author” can make mistakes?

As for the burps, man up, it’s just burps. What’s next, lifting heavy iron gives you calluses?

[quote]florin wrote:
As for the burps, man up, it’s just burps. What’s next, lifting heavy iron gives you calluses?[/quote]

Dude. Calluses have been discovered in years. Lifting heavy gives you mega-super-huge muscles overnight. Duh.

ive posted this before. Putting the bottle in the freezer helps eliminate the burps. And def. take them after a meal (so you dont just burn those good fats) see todays cool tip.

I just opened mine about three days ago and didn’t realize I was supposed to refrigerate them. If I pop them in the fridge will they still be all right?

I don’t believe that is enoguh for me. I take upwards of 10-12 grams a day. I eat alot of red meat and eggs so I think the extra would help, plus it should help with insulin sensitivity. Basically, I utilize a higher fat diet.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
greekdawg wrote:
There is a simple solution, if the pills were enteric coated, there would be no burps. Costco has an extra strength brand of fish oil that is enteric coated. I take those throughout the day and Flameout at night before bed with my bedtime shake.

Why do you take other fish oil in addition to Flameout? There is enough in Flameout to serve your daily needs.[/quote]

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
I don’t believe that is enoguh for me. I take upwards of 10-12 grams a day. I eat alot of red meat and eggs so I think the extra would help, plus it should help with insulin sensitivity. Basically, I utilize a higher fat diet.

eengrms76 wrote:
greekdawg wrote:
There is a simple solution, if the pills were enteric coated, there would be no burps. Costco has an extra strength brand of fish oil that is enteric coated. I take those throughout the day and Flameout at night before bed with my bedtime shake.

Why do you take other fish oil in addition to Flameout? There is enough in Flameout to serve your daily needs.[/quote]

Why do you think this? What is the science behind your motiviation to need 10-12g a day?

[quote]panther2k wrote:
I just opened mine about three days ago and didn’t realize I was supposed to refrigerate them. If I pop them in the fridge will they still be all right?[/quote]

Yes.

One of the main ideas behind Flameout was to allow you to get everything you need and more, from a one time dose of Fish Oil as to allow you more room for other healthy fats in your diet. I used to take 12-16g of fish oil and it was severely limiting where I was able to get other fats into my diet (Olive Oil, Flax Seed Meal, Peanut Butter).

With Flameout, I can get a solid does of EPA/DHA and have more calorie space to put in more Olive Oil and other fats.

To the OP: You are taking one statement from Barr and blowing it way out of proportion. With any supplement there is going to be a population that will have a minor difference in the results. Of the thousands of people that have purchased Flameout there is significantly less burp issues than with the other products.

It’s shameless to blow that up as if everyone is having a problem when in fact, the significant majority are not. Go through a whole bottle and assess your results with true science and not a burp that could be a result of many other practices not associated with the supplement.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:

Why do you think this? What is the science behind your motiviation to need 10-12g a day?[/quote]

For starters, Poliquin has said that higher dosages aid in buring fat and preventing fat gain. He reccommends about 5g/day of pharmaceutical grade fish oil.

I would link the page but don’t know how.

I meant to say 10-12g total “oil.” Works out to like 5-6 grams total omega 3s per day, maybe a little more for me since I don’t take pharmaceutical grade.

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
For starters, Poliquin has said that higher dosages aid in buring fat and preventing fat gain. He reccommends about 5g/day of pharmaceutical grade fish oil.[/quote]

Which is pretty close what you get in Flamout alone (3-4g). I’ve also never seen proof of the “preventing fat gain” and “burning fat” that fish oil is claimed to provide.

Bump for eengrms76

check out Poliquins question of strength just posted today…

Oddly enough, he talks alot about fish oil…

interesting timing.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
greekdawg wrote:
For starters, Poliquin has said that higher dosages aid in buring fat and preventing fat gain. He reccommends about 5g/day of pharmaceutical grade fish oil.

Which is pretty close what you get in Flamout alone (3-4g). I’ve also never seen proof of the “preventing fat gain” and “burning fat” that fish oil is claimed to provide.[/quote]

[quote]ftothe3 wrote:
ive posted this before. Putting the bottle in the freezer helps eliminate the burps. And def. take them after a meal (so you dont just burn those good fats) see todays cool tip.[/quote]

I stick them in the freezer, take 2 with breakfast, and 2 with a meal later in the day, have not had fish burps since I started freezing them.

Consumer Labs did a big test of various fish oils. Guess what - little to no contamination found.

If I eat chilis and tacos, my burp smells like cheap mexicali food. When I drink beer, my burp smells like Guiness. When I take fish oil, guess what the burp smells like.

Don’t worry about it.