Flameout, Burps?

Ok…

I got my order - nice! untill…

I remember reading in the officail thread, that if you experience “fish burps” that the brand your using is full of contaminents etc…

I’m having burps from Flameout…WTF??

Anyway, when is the best time to take this?

Anyone?

[quote]wings_931 wrote:
Ok…

I remember reading in the officail thread, that if you experience “fish burps” that the brand your using is full of contaminents etc…

Anyone?[/quote]

In my experience all fish oil gives fishy burps. It has nothing to do with contaminants.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
wings_931 wrote:
Ok…

Anyone?

In my experience all fish oil gives fishy burps. It has nothing to do with contaminants.
[/quote]

Then why was it stated by one of the T-Nation authors in the official thread?

[quote]wings_931 wrote:
Then why was it stated by one of the T-Nation authors in the official thread?[/quote]

Dude, it happens. Just take two with breakfast, and two with your pre bed shake.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
wings_931 wrote:
Then why was it stated by one of the T-Nation authors in the official thread?

Dude, it happens. Just take two with breakfast, and two with your pre bed shake.[/quote]

“It happens” isn’t good enough…

Why does it happen? and if no one knows… then why did the T-Nation author state thats it happens for very bad reasons?

[quote]wings_931 wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:

Why does it happen? and if no one knows… then why did the T-Nation author state thats it happens for very bad reasons?[/quote]

Its because you have fish oil in your stomach. When you burp, gas comes up out of your mouth that happens to smell like fish. Fish oil burps at their finest.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
wings_931 wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:

Why does it happen? and if no one knows… then why did the T-Nation author state thats it happens for very bad reasons?

Its because you have fish oil in your stomach. When you burp, gas comes up out of your mouth that happens to smell like fish. Fish oil burps at their finest.
[/quote]

Very good! now i’m done being sarcastic…so why did one of the T-Nation Authors say that was a very bad sign?

[quote]wings_931 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

Then why was it stated by one of the T-Nation authors in the official thread?[/quote]

I have no idea why they would say something like that. Fish oil is very distinctive and it has nothing to do with any impurities.

David Barr said - "I’m afraid that too many people are using the standard, and potentially harmful, fish oil that they can buy at their grocery store -which is usually rancid and full of contaminants (do you have fish oil burps? Yeah, that’s a BAD sign).

TC, I think you’re doing a great service by providing a high quality supplement to a population that so desperately needs it (even if we don’t all know it yet). "

Don’t take it on an empty stomach. I take all four at one time at the end of the day right before my pre-bed meal. I never have fish-burps. When I used to take them any other time of the day, or at least on an emptier stomach, I had them.

I also agree that the presence of fish burps is not an indicator of quality.

For the same reason all Biotest products will supposedly have you busting out of your shirts and all non-Biotest suppliments suck.

As for fish oil, I take mine beore dinner so that the oil is diluted into whatever I’m eating, so I don;t have fishy burps.

I get the burps here and there, but not often.

However, the likelihood of the burp and its severity, could possibly be related to oil quality issues. Who knows?

Relax already.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Relax already.[/quote]

Seriously.

I guess you could shove them up your ass and have fish farts, instead.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
vroom wrote:
Relax already.

Seriously.

I guess you could shove them up your ass and have fish farts, instead.[/quote]

True…

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
vroom wrote:
Relax already.

Seriously.

I guess you could shove them up your ass and have fish farts, instead.[/quote]

Oooh, oily, drippy fish farts. FUN!

There is a simple solution, if the pills were enteric coated, there would be no burps. Costco has an extra strength brand of fish oil that is enteric coated. I take those throughout the day and Flameout at night before bed with my bedtime shake.

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
There is a simple solution.[/quote]

Are you sure there arent three simple solutions?

[quote]wings_931 wrote:
David Barr said - "I’m afraid that too many people are using the standard, and potentially harmful, fish oil that they can buy at their grocery store -which is usually rancid and full of contaminants (do you have fish oil burps? Yeah, that’s a BAD sign).

TC, I think you’re doing a great service by providing a high quality supplement to a population that so desperately needs it (even if we don’t all know it yet). "[/quote]

Interesting. I think the burps has to be seperated from the contaminant comment but have everything to do with the rancid comment.

Perhaps your Flameout has gone rancid? It should be stored in the fridge after opening.

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
There is a simple solution, if the pills were enteric coated, there would be no burps. Costco has an extra strength brand of fish oil that is enteric coated. I take those throughout the day and Flameout at night before bed with my bedtime shake.[/quote]

Why do you take other fish oil in addition to Flameout? There is enough in Flameout to serve your daily needs.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
wings_931 wrote:

TC, I think you’re doing a great service by providing a high quality supplement to a population that so desperately needs it (even if we don’t all know it yet). "

Interesting. I think the burps has to be seperated from the contaminant comment but have everything to do with the rancid comment.

Perhaps your Flameout has gone rancid? It should be stored in the fridge after opening.[/quote]

I imagine that the burps would be worse from the lower quality stuff, even if you took them with meals. You also have to take them like 4-5 times a day.