T Nation

Flameout and Pregnancy

In RJ Elsing’s last “Spot The Fake” article: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1500483

There was a factual study that showed that EFA’s taken in roughly the dosages found in Flameout during pregnancy improved the hand-eye coordination of the unborn babies. It has been suggested that fish oil promotes development of the brain.

Why then, does the bottle of Flameout have a warning that reads “Do Not use if Pregnant or Nursing”?

I think it’s generally a safety warning that is applied to pretty much any supplement.

Once someone gets pregnant, not that I’ll ever have to deal with that myself, all the medicines and supplements suddenly take on a new character.

For example, some common pain relief items such as ibuprofen or aspirin suddenly get a bit controversial. Some common foods or substances are suddenly questionable, such as caffeine.

Do a google search on pregnancy and a substance name and you’ll see all kinds of advice - not that it is easy to tell which is authoritative.

I would also like to add, it is probably the CLA in Flameout that may not be a good idea when pregnant.
Just my opinion.
D

[quote]d wood wrote:
I would also like to add, it is probably the CLA in Flameout that may not be a good idea when pregnant.
Just my opinion.
D[/quote]

And why is that so?