Flame Free Confession III: Even More Flame Free (Part 1)

Had the same thing happen - clear your cookies and log back in - fixed the problem for me.

1 Like

I confess that I think Iā€™m not Italian anymore.

Today I was driving and I entered a roundabout. I was a bit caught in some thoughts and out of muscular memory, I almost took the exit I usually take to go home, but at the last second I realized I wasnā€™t going home so I needed to take another exit.

In that very moment, before I quickly steered to correct my path towards the right exit, I let out a loud ā€œFuck!ā€. In English, that is.

If you were really English, youā€™d have taken the wrong exit just to avoid slightly inconveniencing the people behind you as you swerved to take the right exit.

6 Likes

Youā€™re right, Iā€™m probably still halfway through my transformationā€¦ But I did truly feel bad for having done that, and even more for not having used my right blinker (as the exit I had to take was the first on the right) while approaching the roundabout, as I was going to take the exit straight in front of me before realizing where I was actually going.

So maybe Iā€™m a little further in than halfway. Letā€™s call it 58%.

1 Like

Hereā€™s the test:

How do you drink your tea?

1 Like

ā€¦ Okay, maybe Iā€™m not all that English yet :cry:

I canā€™t recall the last time I had tea hahaha

3 Likes

Iā€™m horrible at grocery shopping. My worst ā€œwtfā€ moment was went to the store to get stuff to make sketti, spent $250 :joy:

1 Like

That better had been the best damn spaghetti EVAH! :rofl:

1 Like

My other half hasnā€™t trusted me to go shopping without an exacting list since what weā€™ve taken to calling the dessert pizza incident.

2 Likes

Being Italian has many advantages over being English, particularly when it comes to culinary endeavours

2 Likes

4 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what my wife does. Love the woman to death but she over-buys and over-prepares like a madman. haha Sometimes it works out and she gets me stuff I need but didnā€™t think about.

1 Like

Sounds exactly like my mum.

Iā€™ve basically become a house keeper of sorts. My parents literally ask me what they should make for their meals (I eat my own stuff) :joy::joy:

I had risotto once made with white truffle, chanterelles and saffron from Morocco.

Should have been awesome, but the dude making it got Way too excited with the salt.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a weird mix dude. Truffle and mushroom makes sense to me, add saffron to that and I donā€™t get it.

I have to confess, my wife just talked me into getting a 28 cubic foot refrigerator on a Black Friday sale so that we can fit our groceries and prepped mealsā€¦

1 Like

I confess I hate food prep (well, mostly i hate eating reheated food 5 days later).

Also, being a non-picky eater in a family of picky eaters is disheartening.

Most things I prep lose quality after 3 days, but I donā€™t have the balls to just prep twice for 1 week, so I suffer through my Thursday and Friday meals. Not the right way to do it but itā€™s the way I do itā€¦

I think the guy was just overly excited. He was a later in life culinary school student and his wife told him I was a shroom hunter, and it was prime time for the chanterelle. So I brought over a big bag of them and he went nuts.

Mushroom and truffle risotto can be a thing of beauty though.

I still have my niece-in-law pestering me for a recipe.