Flame Free Confession III: Even More Flame Free (Part 1)

I confess this topic was a lot better when it focused on training and nutrition confessions.

I confess that I am seriously contemplating implementing some manner of fasting the day before Thanksgiving this year so I can just go completely all out the day of. Part of this is due to us buying a much larger turkey than usual in anticipation of company arriving which may not be doing so as a result of current events, but the real truth is: gluttony is awesome. We may implement some manner of “turkey trot” before the meal as well. I would prefer to push the prowler myself, but the street outside my house REALLY sucks. I may still find a way.

I confess that I wish they made zero caffeine energy drinks. As dumb as that sounds, I honestly just like the taste. Specifically the cotton candy flavor. This is, most likely, because I am a child.

I confess that I eat every hour on the hour at work these days. And that celery and “Nuts n More” spread is still the bomb.

On that note, I confess that I’m really not looking forward to Dec, as I will have to switch gears from weight gain to weight loss so I can have some better blood lipid numbers for a Jan draw to finally get my doctor off my back. My nightly meal of 2 slices of keto friendly bread with natural PB and 4 stalks of celery with nuts n more on it will have to be put on hold. I confess I look forward to that meal more than any other meal I eat in a day.

I confess that I use a keurig to make hot water for my instant oatmeal. I am really goddamn lazy., especially since my instant oatmeal comes in pre-sized packages when I could just use a measuring cup.

I confess that, despite swearing that I would never give Elitefts my business again, I bought some bands from them. My loyalty, apparently, can be purchased.

I confess I wish I trained long enough to justify eating more Finibars, because they are really yummy and I bought 2 more boxes of them.

5 Likes

I remember reading somewhere that most Americans don’t have kettles and a lot don’t even know what a kettle is. Is that true? Do you guys really microwave your water?

I am fairly certain we own a kettle, but it’s buried somewhere. We had an old school coffee maker before the Keurig, but we only broke it out for company, as I legit didn’t have my first cup of coffee until I was 34 and still rarely drink it (reference once again me being a child) and the Mrs doesn’t drink coffee, and hot tea is a rarity (we have cold green tea).

Growing up though, the kettle was used pretty often, although my dad was an instant coffee fiend. He worked from home and was always getting called away on some task. You could tell if he was still in the house based on how warm the coffee he left behind in the microwave was.

1 Like

This is odd (to me). In Britain, a kettle is the first thing most people would unpack in a new house. More than one of my old workplaces would have little charts over the kettle describing how people liked their tea/coffee. In fact, I’m pretty sure the law requires companies to provide facilities for warm drinks in a workplace.

2 Likes

It’s pretty much all coffee makers here: either the coffee pot of the kuerig.

1 Like

Coffee makers over here are a very different beast (and I don’t know what a Keurig is). Over here coffee makers tend to be the pod machines that make a single cup of swanky, sugar filled, frothy coffee.

You just described it

2 Likes

In Australia it’s the same. The kettle broke in the lunch room at my work once, so someone went out and bought one with their own money rather than waiting a week for the company to get a new one. There must always be a kettle.

1 Like

I’ve found those to be a very quick way to get fat, poor and caffeine dependent.

1 Like

They thankfully make pods that contain unsweetened stuff. But you can definitely go the other way on them.

1 Like

I Imagine exactly the same would happen here. In the place my missus works, they haven’t had a microwave or any way to heat food for 2 years since the last manager stole it (after being fired, the first time). Their kettle broke one morning and was replaced by the time she started her shift at 2pm.

1 Like

I do not own a kettle. I have never owned a kettle. Being something of a crossword aficionado, I know what a kettle is.

4 Likes

If you find Mike Tyson only “kinda” intimidating, you are a very bad man yourself.

5 Likes

Consider yourself fortunate this confession zone is designated flame free.

I don’t own a kettle either. I do however have 2 Keurigs, a Mr. Coffee, an electric percolator, and 2 stove top coffe pots.

I’ve tried. She’s gotten pretty good at hiding them.

I’ve offered to provide her a foot locker with a combination lock, but she says it’s not necessary. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

As brosciencey as it sounds, I confess that I’ve been addicted to carbs the past few years.

Think I fixed that though, lately my cheat meal has been adding 3-4 baked sweet potatoes to dinner. It feels weird looking forward to them and realizing how few carbs I need when not too long ago I was eating a box of cereal a day on top of all the other carbs I was shoveling down.

1 Like

Just remember this is the best week to stock up on sweet potatoes. They are dirt cheap for Thanksgiving. 4lbs for $1 here

3 Likes

How big are these? Seems like a massive amount of taters

2 Likes

I confess that as a Canadian Swede, this is so bizarre to me.

Canadians love coffee. All the Scandinavian countries love coffee. I was doomed to love coffee from the moment I was born. There was ALWAYS a pot of coffee brewed in my house or my cousin’s houses. First thing out of people’s mouths when you entered their home was usually, “Want a cup of coffee?”

2 Likes