Flame Free Confession III: Even More Flame Free (Part 1)

I’d say her name suits her well. I quickly got over feeling like a sad potato after seeing that.

1 Like

Ha! Just for you, I’m whatever redheads like to eat. …Souls, is it?

The whole “Gingers take souls” thing is a lie perpetuated by the media in their continuing effort to stamp out our race and marginalize us

.Ginger

Yes, similar to the weird kids who don’t have a TV, we don’t own a microwave. I can’t handle microwaved food and the wife has always said she doesn’t need one when I’ve asked.

1 Like

We don’t have a nuker either. The wife did away with it years ago, and we don’t miss it.

2 Likes

I understand not liking microwaved food, but I feel like there’s a difference between microwaved food and something I take out of the fridge and just nuke for 30-60 seconds to warm up enough to eat.

1 Like

Same here. When I moved post divorce I went about 5 months without one just out of pure laziness. Turns out I use one quite a lot lol.

Fun fact: my mom did research on microwaves some years back - microwaves are virtually harmless in terms of what they emit, but that all goes out the window if you’re the person who opens the door mid-cook instead of stopping it and then opening it. They found you’re pretty much blasting yourself in the face when you just crack open the door without pressing stop.

This was a while back though - it’s possible things have changed.

Reminds of a girlfriend from my twenties who came home with volumes of microwave “cook” books. Man, that caused a fight haha

I just prefer other approaches than to reheat with a microwave. For example, we had spaghetti with meatballs for dinner the other night and I just let that sit out of the fridge for a while and had it coldish for lunch.

I’ll agree that almost any other method of warming is preferential, taste-wise. Pizza can be stuck under the broiler. Air-frying it is also incredible. The best method requires a situation that is a rarity, but should you ever find yourself grilling while in possession of cold leftover pizza, briefly throwing it on a grill will literally make it taste better than when you got it. But microwaved leftover pizza is the stuff of nightmares.

3 Likes

One of my buddies once tried to convince me that the pizza comes out great if you place a piece of paper towel under it.

I just pushed back everytime saying I love cold pizza and microwaved pizza is so bad that there is no way a bit of towel helps that much.

I eventually gave in… It took a while to trust again lol

A piece of slightly damp paper towel in between tortillas helps when doing a 10-15 second microwave of cold tortillas. Moistens them appropriately without them getting gummy and helps them not to crack and fall apart when rolling them up. But pizza? Nah, dude. I don’t want my pizza to turn out like a warm tortilla, haha.

Also, when you have a microwave built in above your stove, it’s kind of hard to justify not using it. ESPECIALLY with a 5 and a 3 year old.

1 Like

I’ve noticed an odd little feedback thing with regards to my energy levels. I live on the third floor, and I usually pick up my phone to check on messages while ascending the stairs.

If I’m well-recovered, I’ll overshoot and end up in the attic storage space (floor above). If I’m really run-down I’ll accidentally try and unlock the door of my downstairs neighbour.

Autoregulation…

2 Likes

It’s starting to get cold, and I’m elated. I’ll soon be able to wear my floofy socks without it being weird.

1 Like

What qualifies as “not cold” in Sweden?

1 Like

Training and diet confession:
There is a covid scare in my house (the eldest lost all sense of smell). I’m back to doing my front squats for weight and back squats for reps. I’m looking forward to it.

Just when I was starting to think that 20 rep DB goblet squats were not gonna be enough anymore, Jim Wendler goes on to say he had some college kid do 50 reps with 150lbs.

… and to think i was sarcastically thinking in my head to just not do 5/3/1 when the title of the thread was 5/3/1 without a squat rack

On the bright side, got no excuse to not get stronger now :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

It depends on humidity quite a bit! And the season.

But when I say starting to get cold I’m more referring to the overall trend, the average temperature is trending down quite consistently now. It’s not cold yet. And it’s like… 12 degrees C now?

Edit: I asked some friends for help with definitions here. Best reply

When your dick/nuts doesn’t crawl into your pelvis, then it’s summer

3 Likes

I think @dagill2 knows that as Brass Monkey weather

1 Like

I don’t do HIT because it is a slippery slope…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFN3SfMDqrT/

1 Like