Flame Free Confession III: Even More Flame Free (Part 2)

Dude, my dad uses tweezers to pull every single strand of facial hair out lol. He’s done this ever since I was alive. I’ve never seen him own a shaver. He literally has no facial hair.

This is really why I conjugate with lions.

1 Like

Yeah well my dad eats rusted metal for breakfast so he could beat your dad any day

3 Likes

My flight got delayed so I arrived late yesterday and “lost 90min of sleep”
Funnily enough, I actually feel LESS sleepy (still tired though) than usual AND didn’t wake up once :thinking:

Welcome to the fucked up knife edge balancing act that is sleep. Get too much and you’ll wake up every hour or so and feel like death. Get too little and you’re a zombie. Get the right amount and feel like a coked out Einstein for a day. For me, 6 hours is ideal. Even thinking about getting less than 8 hours will ruin my wife’s day.

1 Like

I think occasionally staying up late might actually be good for me. Usually around bedtime I’m dead tired but not necessarily sleepy

1 Like

I like to do a hard reset by staying up straight through the night. Always get amazing sleep the next day and feel great.

1 Like

What ever happened to the dude who was filming spirits in his training journal?

2 Likes

Probably got stuck in the Fog of Lost Souls.

1 Like

I confess that

• I have become one of the most annoying types of people – a credit card nerd.

• For years – probably close to a decade – I thought sandals sucked. But now I feel like my life transformed now that I gave a good pair of sandals a try. I wish I could wear them every day this summer.

• I tried cherries for the first time ever last week. Again, I feel like my whole life was a lie.

4 Likes

With age comes wisdom.

In a few more decades, you’ll learn about the glory of socks in the mix.

5 Likes

I was intrigued by his log, but didn’t ever have the courage to engage with him.
He said he was moving to Bulgaria, to some kind of co-op.

I knew I was playing with fire and there was a 50/50 shot it ended with him tracking me down and filming my death then posting it in his journal.

Dude still seemed like he’d be a good time at a party :joy:

2 Likes

I just know I’m going to regret asking… a what now??

2 Likes

I was also confused by that, never met a credit card need before

I thought I was the only one following along there. Like you guys, I never engaged though.

I confess that it seems like the sections of this site that seem the most concerned with the science of lifting appear to also be showing the least results from it

5 Likes

Ironially, Stronger by Science actually has a couple of really great articles about this- basically telling ppl to stop overanalyzing and actually lift some weights

1 Like

Justin Harris had a similar sentiment, and that dude is a genius.

How did we forget that jocks are supposed to be dumb?

3 Likes

Hey, another confession; speaking of meatheads, I am watching my kid play at the park while my wife runs her 35th half marathon and I am knocking out pull ups on the playground equipment so my daily work gets done and I just ate a packet of tuna I had in my cargo short pocket.

7 Likes

People who aim to optimize credit card rewards, which involves geeking out on the plethora of credit cards available and their features. May or may not include churning.

3 Likes