Flame Free Confession III: Even More Flame Free (Part 2)

I definitely did not know those existed.

I am at the point where I wear shoes that are designed for support/comfort (hoka bondis) unless I have a very specific occasion not to or its too hot to wear sneakers. My knees, feet, and back appreciate it.

2 Likes

I had my first REALLY bad gym experience last night after 20+ years of being in gyms.

I was at the gym as usual with my wife and kids in the daycare at the gym while we worked out. It was PACKED. I did some cardio and took a call from a buddy that was returning one of my trailers he took to TX2K to race his car. We were shooting the shit as I had my airpods in and kept working out minding my own business as always.

I was working bis and tris - really just trying to find anything open. Completed my workout or what I could of it and wife and I got the kids. As I am walking to my car I get accosted by some little 160 lbs punk claiming that I was taking pictures of his girlfriend and their friends in the gym.

Mind you I have never seen or didn’t recognize a single one of them. This caught me completely off guard, which in an instant turned to some nearly blind rage anger. This little piece of shit was going to accuse me of bullshit with no proof while I am holding my 11-month-old and my wife and daughter are in tow with me in a parking lot no less.

It went sideways quick. He is lucky I have children and a wife to worry about or I would have been curb stomping him and everyone else with him. I get my wife and kids situated in the car and go back in the gym and have all the camera footage pulled, get all their names, etc.

I have spent most of my day filing harassment charges on all of them and filing defamation of character / slander civilly against them.

Since, I can’t beat the shit out of them physically anymore with what I have to lose. They are about to find out what happens when you fuck with an attorney with money. This year will be one of the worst years of their lives and I will financially empty them of whatever they have one way or another.

I am tired of these little limp-wristed Gen z dbags thinking they can do whatever they want and fuck with whomever they want. This will be a wakeup call for the lot of them - I hope.

I have been in countless gyms over my 20+ years love affair with the iron and not once have ever had an issue with any female in any gym. I always mind my own business and keep to myself. The gym is my place of Zen and my time to just listen to music and be inside my own head / world doing something that I love.

17 Likes

By all means I’m not trying to ignore the fact you had a bad experience.

But, let’s just think about how much of a chad you have to be for you to be harassed/feared by insecure men for no logical reason.

They didn’t understand rule #1:

Don’t mess with papa bear & cubs.

But they will!

2 Likes

I just don’t get it. Chic said I was holding my phone up at them and laughing.

Yes, I was holding my phone WHILE TALKING ON THE PHONE and laughing talking to my buddy about his TX2K trip. To make it worse - I didn’t even have my glasses on and I am like blind passed 3-5 feet. Anything further than that looks like an amorphous blob to me. These folks were at least 30-40 feet away from me from the video.

They are about to get a very cruel life lesson on fucking with the wrong person.

Before it is over they will be apologizing and begging for it all to stop.

I hope to have them served by Friday.

4 Likes

Hey Bauber, so what happened after the dude accused you?

Did he accuse you in an irate manner? Did they start huge scene in the parking lot or something?

Details please, am interested in reading.

He kept accusing me, but he kept his distance from me. He stayed about 10-15 feet away from me, which I found funny.

He got some choice words from me, which started making him angry. Such as:

“My man you are white-knighting for a 5 on her best of days and it is going to get you seriously hurt or killed. You don’t do this shit to grown ass men with their kids in tow without any proof. And you certainly don’t run up on a man carrying his small child with his wife and other small child in tow.”

I tried to keep my temper from boiling over and stay as calm as possible. He stayed fairly calm and kept his distance. Mind you again he was literally about 160-170 lbs. MAX and probably late teens to early 20s. They had some tats, so I assumed 18+.

I asked him what he thought he was going to accomplish by confronting me with bullshit. He couldn’t really answer that question. I said are you just trying to look tough in front of your girl or what? Because it is not working and you look like a bitch. I said plus you realize you are tiny right? Like really small and I can tell you have no weapon on you, but I do. I tried to toss in a little teaching moment about the real world and how actual adults play the game of life.

I told him man you are a punk ass piece of shit to try and confront me while I am holding my child. You are lucky you didn’t catch me 10 years ago or so or you would already be needing an ambulance or a coffin. I like to think I have matured and grown, but that old me is still down in there being chained down by my wife and kids and only because of them. I want to be there for them and raise them. Otherwise, dude would have been taking a quick trip to the rainbow bridge.

He told me they were pulling the video. I said great lets go watch it right now - my brother-in-law is part owner / runs all these gyms. Once inside, they found out I was an attorney and got a little squeamish.

After getting a copy of the video and all their names, I smiled and just told them they would be hearing from my law office soon. My advice is to go ahead and retain counsel. It is going to be expensive. :slight_smile: I don’t care if I drop $100K+ on this. Moral victory in the end will be mine.

The manager (who is female and super sweet she has been there probably 8-9 years) of the gym’s quote was, “Man y’all have really messed up. He has been a member here since 2008 and always been super nice and protective of any females here on a regular basis. I have never seen him this mad or worked up.”

My blood pressure had to be like 230/190.

10 Likes

Typical golf story. I took my Players’ Ability Test on a Monday, shot 75/76, 151 for 36 holes, qualified to join the PGA and was the medalist.

The following Monday I played another tournament and shot 103.

2 Likes

Oops

Morons. Good for teaching them something. They don’t realize accusations like that can ruin a good person who doesn’t quite have your means to fight it.

2 Likes

I hate people like that so much, my blood pressure rose reading your story.

You go man.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Did they apologize at all? That seems kind of harsh.

Not for how prominent @Bauber is in the community and how successful he is. An accusation like that could be incredibly detrimental and can destroy people.

2 Likes

They apologized not at all and doubled down and called me a liar and the gym manager a liar.

Even when presented the video footage. It gets even better. The two main ones complaining were on a guest pass for the day at the gym.

At this point I don’t care how much it costs me monetarily, I will see this to the end / to the point I am satisfied.

I explained this entire thing to my attorney friend I have handling it. I dropped a $50K check to him this morning for his firm to start.

One is attempting to get on with the PD in my area - now that will never happen here or anywhere close :slight_smile:

Actions have consequences and this isn’t TikTok. Welcome to the real fucking world.

10 Likes

Can I get some of dat?

1 Like

If you come away from this exchange with anything, let it be “don’t mess with papa bear”.

My dad and how he handled these things makes Bauber look like a gentleman (not to imply that he isn’t). Those were different times though.

4 Likes

If you are an attorney working at the firm I am using :smiley:

Oh, I am not a gentlemen - my wife often reminds me lol.

My previous self would have handled this very differently, but I have too much to lose and children to raise. My children will always come first until I die.

7 Likes

I haven’t witnessed personally the incident I’m about to tell, but a few years back my recently deceased uncle - who was a character and walked the walk in life so to say - confronted a group of high school seniors after accidentally witnessing them catcall my brother’s fourteen year old daughter.

Allegedly, after being confronted the punks sneered at him “are we supposed to be afraid of you old man” to which he allegedly cracked a weird smile and said “well, that would be a good idea because old people like me are not afraid of a life without parole sentence”.

Let’s just say that at that moment they realized they’ve made a mistake.

3 Likes

Previous self? What did you change about yourself? How would you describe your previous self?

Not an attorney, but maybe I can make a great detective since I’m genuinely interested in interrogating
errr I mean getting to know you.

Wild, lawless, physical, impulsive, prone to anger - didn’t care about consequences of my actions if you crossed me. I acted in the here and now with no thoughts of long term.

You don’t have the balls to interrogate me son!

2 Likes