Flame Free Confession III: Even More Flame Free (Part 2)

I confess I skipped all my classes today.

I’ve only skipped 3 classes…. Ever….

1 Like

I confess that through my first 3.5 years of high school, I did not miss a single day. Through sickness, injury, whatever, I never missed school. Worked hard, straight A’s, taking extra hours, student council, two sport varsity, the whole 9.

Then I got accepted to my dream school, and proceeded to skip so much schoool second semester senior year that they threatened to not let me graduate. Failed every class but 1, because I liked that teacher.

It has not affected me at all ever in my life. 18 year old me had a good handle on risk reward ratio

7 Likes

I cut class in fifth grade to go to the “shoeshine” to buy candy, in seventh grade to smoke weed, and then all day in HS to day drink. I’m sure that is shocking to no one that knows me.

1 Like

Prior to my senior year of high school, I had calculated that I had enough credits to graduate early (January). I had to fulfill senior English, and two elective courses. English was my first period class, followed by wood working, followed by gym.

I missed a lot of my first period classes, attending only enough to pass. So I basically went to shop class and gym class for half a year then had 5 extra months off before college.

No, I didn’t do anything productive with that time, but it was still sweet.

2 Likes

Not a confession, I just want you T-Nationers to have a wonderful day.

5 Likes

I finished my exam for the behavioural Econ class I’m taking so I decided to celebrate with a rotisserie chicken

The confession is that I was unable to finish the chicken…. It was only 2lbs at that…

I confess I ate at Panda Express for lunch.

I believe they should change the name to “Colon Express”

4 Likes

Hey man, I’ve been looking up Mindfulness and so far on YouTube, the ONLY dude who gets it is that Ron Spiegal guy when it comes to Buddhist principles IMHO. Even one bald guy who went to a monastery in China I’ve watched in TED vids doesn’t understand them. He doesn’t outright describe them but you can tell the underlying things he’s talking about - the literature and stuff he chooses to cite - jive with the Buddhist stuff I’ve read while reading the pamphlets at free Buddhist temples that offered free vegetarian lunches at their restaurants when I was young.

Ok, no. the pamphlets part is true but I literally grew up amongst Buddhists and can still recite lots of shit in Mandarin even though my Mandarin sucks but they spoke Mandarin when reciting Buddhist stuff like a bunch of fucking Manchu commies.

My confession is that it doesn’t suit me BUT a big fucking lightbulb popped up over my head after trying to stop 2 of my cats from fighting for months because the psychological (more like neurological) stuff with the neurons and shit did jive with what I stupidly almost killed myself trying to get certified in lol. I just didn’t connect the HPTA stuff, which all hypothetical roiders whom have tried to use them as responsibly and safely as possible would have some primary knowledge about. And it WORKED.

NOTE: I am talking about CHINESE Buddhist principles, which are very similar to Thai and other Buddhist countries in the S.E Asian region. I have no idea what INDIAN Buddhists believe in.

Seriously, this dude literally describes real inner pain and turmoil but in a Buddhist, detached but somewhat lighthearted manner. He’s like the opposite of Jordan Peterson without being a drama queen.

The world is full of spiritual charlatans trying to con you into a transfer of energy (woo woo speak for payment). I’m a big fan of awakening the guru within, becoming your own teacher by listening to your intuition. A coach or a guide can be beneficial, but once you get the phone call, you can hang up.

My confession is that I hung up.

5 Likes

I am tired sore and hungry :sob:

Nachos will solve all of that!

6 Likes

If I was ever going to go Leaving Las Vegas on dietary guidelines, I’d use crumbled hot sausage like the pizza shops on my nachos.

1 Like

I go wayyyyyy overboard on my kids, wife, and family for Christmas.

Also run a toy drive for LeBonheur kids every year. Last year we nearly filled a 53-foot dry van. St. Jude snubbed us about 5 years ago - they missed out bad.

My wife gets perturbed by it, but I have always been like this.

6 Likes

The Mrs and I made bacon nachos one time, and it was so good we actually had to promise ourselves to NEVER make it again.

3 Likes

That does sound pact worthy. Its good to have a partner to keep eachother on the level for these things.

1 Like

I love giving gifts.

2 Likes

I do too.

I could care less about receiving them. I buy what I want when I want it all year long anyways.

My wife likes giving too, but she thinks I take it overboard. Which I do, but oh well.

2 Likes

I was out having to unfortunately do some shopping the weekend before Christmas.

I was kind of people watching most of the day and came to the realization that “average” condition for the modern US middle aged male is rotund and weak. Much more so than I previously thought.

I probably saw ~300 different males out and about. Maybe 20 of them (myself included) had a larger chest and shoulders than gut.

Confession: this made me pissed at my fellow man. Overabundance has made the majority soft, weak, and easily out of breath. Take some damn responsibility.

6 Likes

See this a lot down here too mate. But the worrying thing is that it isn’t because they all have big guts but more so they have really weak chest and shoulders, like small teenage boys. Weird.

3 Likes

Dunno if anyone remembers my post about the Dr House moment I had regarding some dude whom my mum wanted to engage for the dog cos the dog keeps lunging for my brother’s kid. Said he could speak to animals.

While I believe the “speaking to animals” bit is hogwash, I did get that this dude is probably pretty knowledgable about animal behavior. So, to me, results matter. Dude said he spoke to a dog and the dog told him what it’s physical ailment was, which was later confirmed by the vet. Fine. If he can detect stuff like that, I don’t care if he claims they communicated in Klingon. He has skills. Dog benefitted.

Then I go on his facebook page after being told that the one who recommended him was a VET. A pretty senior and popular one whom I also know. So I assumed this guy probably REALLY knows his stuff apart from the “speaking to animals” bullshit. Again, he wants to market himself this way, I don’t care. If he’s good at animal behavior, I’m cool.

Then I read on his facebook page that fucker also speaks to DEAD PETS. Pissed me off.

Then I look at his posts about virtual sessions on TikTok and had to slap myself to see if I was dreaming.

The dude spoke to a couple of dogs and cats, 3 dead chickens and 2 chinchillas.

After that I saw the humor and nearly laughed myself into a coma.

2 Likes