Flame Free Confession III: Even More Flame Free (Part 2)

I’ll admit that I’ve spent a decent portion of my afternoon watching Pumping Iron, and while watching the movie over again, I will admit that I prefer watching IFBB pros who didn’t shave their underarms. I get why it’s preferred now…but to me at least I don’t mind it. In particular for men, I think not shaving the underarms keeps that kind of rustic thing that dudes have going for them. As for women I don’t mind either, but I guess it kind of depends on the hair texture and such.

2 Likes

watch sfa movies nowadays - other than soft cr.ap with the missus, or kids movies with the young 'un (think shaun the sheep, room on a broom, etc… thankfully no frozen on netflix, or we just won’t let her watch it if that happens…

1 Like

Ordered Dominos pizza for the rest of the family tonight…and then they proceeded to F**k up my whole evening.
Ordered the pizza at 620, still isn’t arrived by 720. Wife calls and complains and gets told the driver is five minutes out. 750 driver still isn’t here so we just cancel the order.
Now I had to go out and get other food for everyone (settled on Culver’s). Errr

Kids in bed 1.5 hours late, my bed routine has now been pushed by almost an equivalent time and this is what irks me most. I like and need enough sleep in order to not be a complete asshole to everyone the next day.

End Rant

Flame Free: trained legs today and felt both weak and tired before I should have. Gym was so crowded went and priced out what I would want for a home gym from EliteFTS and ended up $5.5k. Guess I have to put up with people for the time being.

3 Likes

I confess that me and the missus decided to book a trip to a little town in the Santa Cruz area in the mountains, and thought it would be quaint and historic, but it turns out to be full of hippies and tweakers…

Serenity now!

3 Likes

I knew :grin:

1 Like

And Vampires!

2 Likes

Before the dumbassary in the Resident Evil sequels were a thing:

I just found out it’s simply called Zombie outside of Italy. So all it’s sequels are different in numerical order but the wiki page for the first sequel to this still calls it “Zombi 3”. You can’t make this shit up lol.

1 Like

Dude: Titan

5 Likes

Forgot to ask: what times are gyms the busiest? I’m moving out next week for a month and will be joining an anytime

I was thinking of going around 7am

@cyclonengineer for what it’s worth I second @T3hPwnisher view point. But like I have said in the past I’m a cheap whore and have no brand loyalty.

Problem with Elitefts and Rogue in my opinion is that they aren’t really priced for your normal personal home gym.

If you look Elite is more focused on getting university and highschool athletic weight rooms.

While Rogue is more tied in with your commercial branch like Crossfit box gyms.

Personal im all about more bang for the buck. If something can get the job done at a lower price I’m all for it.

3 Likes

7 am should be fine. Gyms are usually busiest after normal work hours from about 4-7 pm.

2 Likes

Thanks, I looked into them and the T-3 series looks just as useful for like 1/3 the price. Oddly, seems that Titan is more expensive on their weight plates than some of the other sites (of course it doesn’t matter since everyone is still out of stock).
I didn’t see a landmine attachment from Titan, only something that goes with the pin/pipe safeties.
I would love to get a simple set up in my garage just so I don’t have to travel to the gym anymore (I like the idea of being able to get up early and start working out almost immediately).

1 Like

I’ve got the x-3 short rack that I have anchored to the garage floor. You could hit it with a car and destroy your front end.

Personally unless you feel the need for calibrated plates… I have no issues grab plates from anywhere.

Also a dirty little secret… at one point allot of rogues rack attachments are compatible with titians. OR I should say was…

1 Like

Are you in Florida?

@cyclonengineer Yes. Titan X-3 rack (on super sale at the time), benches and dip attachment, Rogue Ohio Power Bar, homemade deadlift platform, and 600 lbs of CAP barbell plates set me back less than $2k in 2017. Avoid their adjustable bench - it’s flimsy as Frosty’s dick in June - but the flat bench and rack are top notch. I can’t seem to find those CAP barbell plates anymore, they were $35 for a 45 lb plate brand new. Slightly small in diameter so I’m permanently in a deficit deadlift but who’s counting?

1 Like

Yeah, on the space coast

@bulldog9899 I figure plates will go cheap on craigslist about 6 months after all the restrictions go away. People in Florida are pretty much done with the mandates/restrictions and are doing what they want anyway.
Edit: Thanks for the suggestions everyone, configured what I wanted and got the estimated cost down to $1500 plus whatever I can find weight plates for.

5 Likes

I confess that these threads move way too fast for me! Tough to keep up with you regulars

I see your Lost Boys reference and approve.

3 Likes

Just a reminder… remember your place today.
Now go make a sandwich…

:laughing::rofl::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

4 Likes

I did visit there once. Rode the rollercoaster and saw all of the sights. It was in the daytime though, and a family thing so no hiking down the tracks to find their lair. :grin:

1 Like