Flame Free Confession III: Even More Flame Free (Part 2)

I confess that I used to be able to do 20 wide grip pull ups in a row when i weighed ~185, and now at 225 I struggle to hit 8 without my arms popping off like a Mr. Potato Head.

There was a T-Nation article I read at one point talking about “how to do pull ups if you weigh as much as a small cow”. It was quite fitting IMO

I confess I am debating going half time vegetarian for Cholesterol and blood glucose control.

1 Like

I go low carb 2 out of every 3 days, for similar reasons.

1 Like

I try to keep my carbs under 150g a day (really low for a guy my size) since I am diabetic.
I have been looking into flour alternatives (almond flour mostly) to start creating my own “breads” and protein waffles.

1 Like

I bought some chickpea flour today, in anticipation of making some protein pancakes later in the week. I’ll let you know how it goes, if you’re interested.

1 Like

if you have trouble keeping carbs low, it might be worthwhile to look into the “satiety index”. it’s a good way to stretch carbs - you’d be amazed at how many mashed potatoes you can eat and still be under 100g of carbs.
http://ernaehrungsdenkwerkstatt.de/fileadmin/user_upload/EDWText/TextElemente/Ernaehrungswissenschaft/Naehrstoffe/Saettigung_Lebensmittel_Satiety_Index.pdf
there’s another link out there for diabetic specific info, but its a lot less in-depth regarding carbs

3 Likes

My friend (that one) is forcing me to learn/use latex to make slides for a final project.

I have so far managed to make all my slides on my own, including a couple that requires embedding and resizing images.

I confess I am very proud of myself over a very trivial thing

Warning: 15 year out of date information incoming.

When I was doing my degree, all the people who resisted using LaTeX to write their dissertations regretted it.

2 Likes

It’s hard to learn but once one knows it, it kicks the pants off Office.

2 Likes

I have a tattoo appointment tomorrow to start a leg piece and idk where exactly on my leg it’ll go. Being the good client I am I always shave the area to be tattooed myself so it’s easier on them (really thin hairs make shaving a PITA). So, not knowing where it’ll be I shaved my whole leg.

Confessions:

Idk how women just whip that razor all around and don’t die.

My quad looks so much more detailed and bigger clean shaved it’s wild!

3 Likes

I confess that I’ve considered getting “Made in China” tattooed at the base of my neck.

I also confess that one of the main things stopping me (aside from money) is that I’m too lazy and would 100% mess up the after care

2 Likes

If it’s a small “made in China” as in just lettering aka a little line work there is no after care. Those heal fast and easy. It’s when there’s lots of shading and color work or big tattoos where after care becomes important.

1 Like

it’d be very small. letters same size as computer keyboard letters

Yep, zero after care lol. Your artist will put some type of after care on it when you leave. Just leave that there as long as you can and you’re done.

1 Like

I confess that I’ve replaced the majority of beef in my diet with dark meat turkey for the foreseeable future…for reasons that are most likely obvious.

But I ALSO confess that I’m a bit too excited my wife didn’t enjoy the turkey she made this year…because it means I get all the white meat now as well. Which means I’m on a mission to effectively eat a 16lb turkey by myself.

And I confess that mission is actually much easier than it should be…

3 Likes

Salmon is #1 of my “Easy to eat a ton of” foods.

Turkey is #2.

You got this.

3 Likes

According to Jamie Lewis, early American settlers would use slabs of turkey breast as “bread” for sandwiches when out in the field, as it was dry enough and kept well enough to provide that function. It was the original KFC Double Down.

And with how easy it goes down, I believe it. You eat Turkey breast and minutes later you can eat more of it.

1 Like

I always have a round 2 with turkey. Especially good with those little rolls you can make little scrap sandwiches with and swab the gravy.

Glad to hear that from Jamie Lewis too. I know it’s a lean bird, but I was starting to think I just wasn’t getting it with them.

It’s those enhanced…genetics…

I eat a large slice of turkey breast (yes, brined), and halfway through I have to pry my mouth open to finish because of early onset desiccation (a confirmed condition confirmed via interwebz) brought on by dry turkey meat.

2 Likes

Also, Piedmontese called and said you’re off the team.