Flame Free Confession III: Even More Flame Free (Part 2)

Well, we’ve worked together for some time now, and when we met he came in as a couple with his ex (a 15 year relationship). The new GF has been in the picture for about a year now, and my client was unemployed (was getting ready to start a gov’t job that got shelved due to Covid). Things have changed very suddenly and I suspect because of A) insecurity over his changed economic status, and B) his continued resistance to increased commitment, which she probably previously attributed to (and he probably did, too) his job situation as well as having come fairly recently out of a long relationship.

But REGARDLESS, it’s not my job to determine who is right or wrong in a conflict situation, it’s my job to increase the odds of a life of meaning and contentment for each of my clients, as defined by them. So in this case, whether her jealousy/insecurity was valid or not, we’ll go to: Was this a dealbreaker? Possibly no? Okay, how do you change conflict dynamics from YOUR side? Why did she become so escalated? You apologized over and over again? Why was she not satisfied? Because she’s crazy, or because there was something inauthentic about your delivery?

So regardless, we’re working on HIM. Boundaries, red flags, communication (we’ll get to why this GF is so reminiscent of the last one next session), past trauma’s impact on today’s relationships, etc.

2 Likes

I confess that I actually like R now (as always my friend is right…)

Spent nearly 5 hours yesterday Making cool plots and regressions for my project (it was mid semester break so no classes)
The time just flew by

I am also extremely proud of myself for that since this kind of work would have required at least two friends and a lot of tears in the past

Speaking of research:
I love what I’m doing but am becoming increasingly bothered by the lack of rigour and in a sense, difficulty. No one is an accidental physicist, theoretical economist or doctor, but I’d wager to guess that most ppl on this forum know more about what I’m studying than me just by being alive longer.
For the current project, I’m downloading data, cleaning it slightly and running regressions.- no modeling, proofs or anything like that.
We might run an experiment, but that probably won’t generalize
Somehow it just feels too easy and not as fun as the modeling we’re doing in my Econ classes

This is a ‘No kink-shaming zone.’ Let your freak-flag fly, brother.

2 Likes

Can’t imagine why…

2 Likes

I don’t get the pedo vibe from any of them. It’s something else.

They’re grown men putting on boy uniforms. That weirds me out a bit.

5 Likes

For me it’s the ever looming air of sodomy.

Someone had to say it.

A friend of mine kept suggesting things for me to do with my son, like take him to church or join the boyscouts. He was actually becoming pretty insistent.

I finally had to tell him that if he doesn’t quit recommending that I feed my son to a bunch of pedophiles we weren’t going to be friends anymore.

5 Likes

I confess I’m just going to complain about something I’ve complained about before.

I bought a BUNCH of Reese’s peanut butter lover mini PB cups when they were still being sold in stores…because I love peanut butter. It fits.

I ate ONE mini cup at work yesterday. Some chucklehead pipped up and said “That’s the unhealthiest thing I’ve ever seen you eat!”

I replied with “Because everyone makes a big f**king deal about it whenever I do, so I don’t like doing it”

Seriously: I would NEVER think to comment on what someone is eating. What if they have an eating disorder? Food allergies? Some sort of psychological struggle? To say nothing of the fact that people are always eating garbage around me and I could just as easily go “Damn dude: that’s not healthy for you!”

But I don’t, beacause it’s food, and you just eat it.

10 Likes

They call my meal prep food pickled pigs dicks lol. It is weird how it’s normal and not talked about to eat trash for most but as soon as someone who has health or fitness Related goals eats something outside of what society deems healthy it’s a big ordeal

1 Like

Or “What are you doing with that? I thought you were into all of that healthy crap…” as he shovels some unidentifiable dumpster funk into his mouth.

Yep. Healthy crap.

5 Likes

I am stealing this phrase

2 Likes

I’m havi g this one.
For me it’s the ever looming air of sodomy

2 Likes

@SkyzykS have you watched Sons of Anarchy?

Nah. I’m a discovery channel and nature documentary junkie. David Attenborough puts me straight to sleep.

Did I say something relatable to that?

There’s a horrible storyline for one character that has diurnal sodomy.

1 Like

At once place I worked, when someone new started I was introduced as 'This is John Doe, he works with the tech guys. He has a huge container of salad with chicken in it for lunch every day."

Why is my food so interesting to you people that you track it?!?!

3 Likes

They are just jealous of your discipline

1 Like

In some countries there are also Catholic Boy Scouts where I assume the probability of the Scout Leader being a sex offender is in the upper nineties.

My wife had to stage a intervention for a friend of hers who wanted to enroll her son into Catholic Boy Scouts. She relented only after the Scout Leader was arrested for exposing himself to an eleven year old.

I was known at work as the “cottage cheese with peanut butter guy” and was kind of proud of it.

2 Likes

Trader Joe’s has a chocolate and peanut butter ice cream that is pretty darn good imo.

I confess that at only 900 calories/pint, with a massive 22 grams of protein, I eat it for the macros…

1 Like

Imagine:

This is Jackie, she eats a donut with her coffee every morning and then has another 30 minutes later.

Here’s Phil, 3 chocolate bars at 2 oclock on the dot without fail.

And Haley, battered, deep fried chicken with lemon sauce for lunch, like an entire container straight, not a single vegetable or even rice to be seen.

Eric here, he goes to the bar straight after work and has shots of bourbon - like 1 hour 6 shots and home.

John, unless it comes from the bakery, it ain’t going near his mouth.

Now at 3, Angela will head to the lunch room and grab a chocolate, when she returns, Greg will follow and then Bill. Like clockwork.

Creepy as fuck but for the guy not shovelling shit this is all 100% okay.

3 Likes