Flame Free Confession III: Even More Flame Free (Part 2)

I confess I don’t even know what a vegan diet really is because I’ve never been bothered to look it up. I only know what a vegetarian diet is.

On a separate but perhaps similar note, this plant based “natural” shit is getting out of hand. My wife bought some kind of laundry detergent for sensitive skin that’s supposed to be “98% plant based” but I found out I’m allergic to the fucking preservative, which is a fucking allergen in itself but they need to use that shit due to the higher biodegradability of the “natural stuff”.

And then the cats started vomiting because of the use of certain plant based fragrances in a “natural pet safe” floor cleaner she bought because they apparently can’t effectively metabolize that shit due to evolution or whatever the fuck since they’re supposed to be fucking carnivores (to an extent) and lack certain enzymes and shit when it comes to certain plants.

I get the environmentalism aspect of these but don’t fucking bullshit people and spread misinformation.

Fucking pet store owner can tell me to avoid quarternary ammonium compounds in any cleaning agents and then highly recommend F10 as an alternative. I read the same shit online. While I did buy it and am using it since my vets use it all the time, one of the TWO main active ingredients IS a fucking QAC. The difference, I’m told by people who actually have credentials and know shit, is the amount used and what other chemicals it’s combined with, not the fucking chemical itself.

They eat nothing that requires animal product OR an animal to behave in an unnatural manor. For example. Milk requires a cow to give birth and then the milk it made for the calf. Taking the milk is un-natural. Honey is a natural by product of bees. Or well - it kinda is. Some bee keeping methods are not so natural. So there is vegan honey. It is pretty crap. And the thing is - because of the people it attracts it is very virtuous. And everyone is working hard on being the most virtuous. So every now and again another food is taken off the menu. Like avocados.

The “plant based & natural = healthy” statement is so wrong.

Sugar is comes from a plant. So does cocaine & heroin. There is even a plant called “deadly night shade”. Sounds like a right health trip.

1 Like

Say what?

It’s true. Avacado require animal labour :grin:

1 Like

It is to do with the fact the bees need to be transported to the crop fields in lorries. And once there there they pollinate the crops. But only a fraction come back to the hive.

This is about almonds - but avocados are the same. I will add most “vegan web sites” support eating both almonds and avocados. But as I say the virtuous nature of the vegan crowd means you get the elitists. Who call foul if you so much as look at cheese!

FYI - the idea of bees “going to war” makes me think of “A bugs life” and I laugh a bit on the inside.

5 Likes

I am very very tempted to cut my program a week short

Excuses:

1. the week I’m supposed to be testing coincides with a bunch of assignment due dates and I have a sorority event that weekend too
  2. I’m impatient. More waiting → boredom → sabatoge with more work
  3. I can’t wait to start my new program
1 Like

Aren’t bees prey for a number of other creatures? Hence why they have the ability to sting.

Articles like these befuddle me and I can’t believe people get paid to write them. But then again, it’s still more high brow than mukbang videos and those guys make money too.

the deadly truth behind your almond milk obsession

Hahahahaha!

1 Like

Those California almond farmer jerks also steal everybody else’s water.

I’m boycotting!

1 Like

Pretty sure the correct term in California is “Personcotting”, thankyouverymuch

5 Likes

It’s peroffspringcotting, Neanderthal.

2 Likes

You are both wrong:
It’s “progeny-of-people-who-menstruate-cotting” you backwoods cretins…

1 Like

What’s this about?

2 Likes

No matter what, you can’t kill the patriarchy

1 Like

Confession:
Last night I ate an entire Red Baron Supreme Classic Crust pizza and I was still hungry.

3 Likes

I see where you’re coming from, Mr. Man.

1 Like

Got a flashback to this

Made me a little nostalgic haha

7 Likes

Man of culture right here.

3 Likes

RIP Eric Carle!

4 Likes

Except I never turned into a beautiful butterfly

1 Like