Flabby Skin After Losing 85 Lbs.

i have started dieting by following the weight watchers program on jan 2nd, also ive have been exercising 5-6 days a week(that includes weight training, cardio, basketball, tae kwon do, professional wrestling on weekends)on july 2nd i had lost 85lbs going from 358lbs to 273lbs… over the weeks i have lost weight but my skin has begining to sag and become flappy…

i was wondering if anybody had any tips or any information that could help me with this flappy skin problem…i can basically fold my stomach in half lol… i have skin hanging off my arms, chest (still looks like ive got man boobs) stomach of course and between my thighs…any tips or info could help…i would like avoid surgery if possible

First off, congrats on the weight loss!!!

On the loose skin, start building some muscle. Start doing some heavy upper body exercises and your body will fill in, and naturally the skin will pull back, but it will take time. From what you described, it could take anywhere from a few months to a few years.

You said that you would like to avoid surgery, but if the skin is extremely excessive, that might be the only way to go, but hopefully you can avoid that route.

Unless you are really tall (like 6’8"), it’s not skin that’s sagging. It’s fat. 273 is still obese. If you pinch your skin and feel lumps, it’s fat. To tell the difference, pinch the skin beneath your elbows. You won’t feel any lumps - just some fluid between your skin. Now pinch your “man boobs.” I’m willing to bet you will feel lots of lumps.

Depending on age, your skin might never return to it’s normal level. You could have worse problems: You could die from being so obese. So, as they say, “This is a good problem to have.”

[quote]thehbomb wrote:
i have started dieting by following the weight watchers program on jan 2nd, also ive have been exercising 5-6 days a week(that includes weight training, cardio, basketball, tae kwon do, professional wrestling on weekends)on july 2nd i had lost 85lbs going from 358lbs to 273lbs… over the weeks i have lost weight but my skin has begining to sag and become flappy…

i was wondering if anybody had any tips or any information that could help me with this flappy skin problem…i can basically fold my stomach in half lol… i have skin hanging off my arms, chest (still looks like ive got man boobs) stomach of course and between my thighs…any tips or info could help…i would like avoid surgery if possible[/quote]

Just wanted to wish you best of luck with your healthy lifestyle changes.

It will be almost impossible to tell if you have loose skin until you drop more weight. Instead of focusing on your skin, try and focus on your goal of losing weight and becoming healthy.

Once you reach your goal weight, then you can get opinions on any skin issues you might have left.

Best of luck,

Olesya

http://www.musclewithattitude.com