I recently started a thread stating my conclusion that blacks were more violent than whites and that this helped explain the violence in New Orleans.
I don?t believe that there?s a violence ?gene? or that any single black individual is more violent than any other person. I?m talking about ?social; groups? . . . large sample populations. I?m saying that if you take a large black community and a large white community and compare them, you will find that the black community is more violent.
Now, it?s not just me saying it . . . the FBI (federal Bureau of Intimidation) says it. As I showed in the thread, in the last reporting year (2003) the black population of 13% committed 49% of the murders in this country. Blacks killed whites at twice the rates that whites killed blacks. A black population of 13% accounts for 65% of people in prison. One out of three (30%) of black men go to jail. A comparison of cities with large black populations against those with large white populations shows that ?black? cities are more violent. A review of National Guard deployments to handle civil unrest shows that the unrest is always in the black community.
Naturally, I got called a bigot, a racist and every name you can think of for daring to suggest that skin color had anything to do with the problem. White liberals rose up in droves to condemn me.
Of course, these same people know that blacks dominate most professional sports. They should know that blacks require 20-30 times the amount of ultra-violet light to generate the same amount of Vitamin D in their body. They should know that serum testosterone levels are much higher in black males . . . which explains why blacks have a higher incidence of prostate cancer. They should know that older black women in the United States suffer fewer hip and neck fractures than their white counterparts, probably because blacks tend to have stronger bones to start with. They should know that that endemic malaria in West Africa resulted in genetic selection for blood abnormalities that protect against malaria but can have dangerous side effects. Only blacks, therefore, get sickle cell disease. It likewise appears that cancers behave differently, and more dangerously, in blacks than in whites for reasons that also appear to be genetic. And finally, they should know that not only are black IQs often lower when compared to whites and other races but: ?When blacks and whites are matched for IQ, blacks still commit crimes at two-and-a-half times the white rate. This shows that blacks must have some other characteristic, besides low intelligence, that explains their high levels of criminality.? Read the rest of the article, here: http://www.amren.com/0207issue/0207issue.html#cover
In other words, there are significant differences among the races and researchers are more and more reaching the conclusion that RACIAL DIFFERENCES MATTER.
But it is admittedly difficult to separate race from economics and history.
One of the most popular responses I got seemed to be that it all had to do with black poverty and a history of repression. As one man said, he lived close to a poor white community and he was sure that:
?In a NO type situation they would not have stolen Nikes. No, they would have stolen guns and drugs, and then gone for jewelry stores and any place else with valuables, seeing this as their chance to "make it". Why are they different from me? It is totally a question of their socio-economic class. So, I think that if you flooded Greene county VA. you would see the same behavior.?
Well . . . with all due respect . . . that's not supported by anecdotal evidence.
Mostly "poor-white-trash" communities in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama WERE hit just as hard as NO and the citizens did not turn into savages. We saw huge floods along the Mississippi River in the early 90s . . . where many communities were poor and white . . . and you did not see the anarchy and chaos you see in NO. When Hurricane Andrew hit Homestead, it wiped out entire communities of very poor migrants, Hispanics and whites . . . yet that city did not descend into savagery and chaos.
So I get it . . . socio-economics and history plays a huge part. I get that. BUT THERE'S SOMETHING ELSE GOING ON in the black community.
And SKIN COLOR IS A FACTOR because skin color also does one very important thing:
It determines culture.
Popular black culture in America today is like a cancer in the body or a self-destruct virus in a computer. There are values in the black community that lead to self-destructiveness. What are these self-destructive values? Well, I think some of them are :
1) Welfare/dependency mentality versus the entrepreneurial mentality
2) "Gansta" quick-money mentality versus the path of a profession or a trade
3) Black separatism versus inclusion into the broader society
4) The belief that a ?man? has sex with as many women as possible (and fathers children) versus the belief in sexual abstinence or safe-sex
5) The belief that a ?man? handles problems with the fist or a gun versus walking away or avoiding the problem in the first place
6) The belief in the ?gang? as a means of self-identity or individual power versus the belief in individuality
Now, many of these negative beliefs shape the values in other social groups too. (For example, there are Mexican gangs and Jewish gangs.) But in those communities, negative beliefs compete with more positive values such as religion and the strong family unit. Their influence is not as corrosive.
Unfortunately, not so in black communities.
Why is a corrosive value system sustained in the black community? In my opinion, it is the fault of:
1) Black leaders who have made a lot of money and/or and have developed great political power by keeping blacks in the situation they are in right now. The majority of popular leaders preach separatism and demand redress for past and ?ongoing? repression instead of demanding individual responsibility and hard work. Jesse Jackson, for example, has made a fortune extorting white-owned corporations (and little of that money has trickled down.) Al Sharpton is another one who has gained tremendous notoriety and power by beating the race drum.
2) White politicians who have grown rich and powerful on the ?black problem.?
3) Well-meaning white liberals (like many T-Nation readers) who enable black dependency by making excuses for anti-social behavior and/or fostering well-meaning but ineffective programs.
4) Well-off and middle-class blacks who run away from the problem instead of re-investing in black communities.
So, I hope New Orleans serves as a wake-up call. It has probably opened up a Pandora?s Box of civil unrest in disaster situations like the 1965 Watt?s Riot opened the era of black urban riots in the 60s.
Until we fix the real problem in the black community, situations like New Orleans will continue.
My 2 cents, folks.