Fixing Kyphoses

Hey
I haven’t posted in a really long time. Not sure where to post this.

I have made some gains. Very slowly, I went from being extremely scrawny at 118 pounds when I was 20. I am now 29 and weigh 140 and can finally bench my own weight! :smiley:
(i started benching with the bar and no dishes…)
I have found that pyramid sets help me reach bigger gains.

So… I have always had an issue with posture. Seems my last post was on posture!
it’s atrocious and doesn’t help when trying to see the muscle I have gained in the mirror. I am slightly kyphotic and always thought that I fixed it easily by standing up straight.

Turns out that when I stood up straight I was just flaring my ribs and that’s why my abs were just sticking out, and it caused an anterior pelvic tilt. I am an ‘S’ shape.
So now I am trying to keep my ribs down but I look really kyphotic.

I went to a chiropractor who said he could fix it over some months as I have been in that position for a long time…
I spent money and went to him every other week for 4 months… now he wants me to come every week “cause otherwise, it won’t fix”. At this point, I am ready to move on and try something else. He helped a little.

So what can I do? is this fixable? I try doing rear delt exercises cause those are really weak. chin tucks and stretching the base of the back of my neck… recently started face pulls…

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1 Like

Yo man,

Do you do some stretching ?

Might be better to move this to injury and rehab but anyway.

Thanks for the links. I’ll check them out

And yes I stretch. Or st least I think so. I’m more into massaging knots and trigger points I find.

1 Like

There’s cool exercice to open your ribcage:

Sorry it’s in french

Yeah it’s in french but it looks like a back bend. I’ll see if I can do that lol.
Anyways it just looks like that might make the issue worse on the lower back which has an anterior pelvic tilt.

Anyways today I’m gonna go to the gym and do a full posture body workout. Mostly shoulder and upper back.

yeah it might well do, given that you back is already in hyperextension.

The short answer is to strengthen your core (note - I didn’t say abs), strengthen you glutes and work on consciously correcting your posture throughout the day (the hardest part and also, sadly, the most important).

Be patient. It can take a very long time to fix.