Fixing House MD

Everyone remember the episode when House loses the functionality of his right (i think) leg?

Recap - House has a clot in his leg that gets relieved late. The surgeons want to take his leg but he refuses to let them so they just remove the clot.

He proceeds to suffer in agony from the dead muscle tissue hoping that it will restore itself. You can assume that this is possible. So if YOU could give House the magic sauce which would it be and how? Only limitation- no deca since he does not hate his cock.

1 week EXAMPLE:
5 IU HGH/daily
40 mcg IGF-1/daily to affected tissue
1 gm Test Prop directly to the affected tissue
1 mg Arimidex

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Personally, I think that House chooses to suffer in agony 'cos he’s a stubborn c*nt, who likes to be a martyr… But this is an interesting scenario you have dreamed up here :slight_smile: I’m liking the use of GH and IGF1, and yes test is extremely synergistic with both, but then it does nothing for collagen formation.

However, since necrotic tissue is replaced over time with fibrous tissue anyway, I’m not sure whether a pro-collagen steroid like EQ or primo would be a good idea or not… I certainly don’t think that 1000mg of test /wk would be a goos idea, after all, it’s gonna take longer than 12 weeks to regenerate (if thats even possible) functional muscle. Maybe a more modest dose of 300-400 mg /Wk test, with 200 mg EQ, or 400mg primo given in bursts (not the test, that would need to be steady administration).

The appetite increase from the EQ might not be such a good idea though. Yes House is a scrawny mofo, but until he regains use of his lower limb, he probably shouldn’t be carrying around a whole load of extra weight, lol.[/quote]

Bushy, I seem to learn something new every time I read one of your posts.

Anyways, I shall stipulate a 20 week time period and lets say that even the Poliquin vitamin C protocol is on the table. You name it its golden - except for deca because he still loves his cock (although probably not his balls).

Here is my real shot at it.
5 IU HGH ED at site
60 mcg IGF-1 split into two doses AM and PM at site
I would add MGF but I don’t know the doses so its off the table for me.
700mg/wk TestE split into EOD doses
250 IU HCG EOD of course
1 mg Adex EOD
400 mg/wk Trenbolone
20mg Anavar ED
maybe some hydrocortisone shots a week for the inflammation…Decadron comes to mind
Lots of leg extensions LOL

themonthofjun wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
Personally, I think that House chooses to suffer in agony 'cos he’s a stubborn c*nt, who likes to be a martyr… But this is an interesting scenario you have dreamed up here :slight_smile: I’m liking the use of GH and IGF1, and yes test is extremely synergistic with both, but then it does nothing for collagen formation.

However, since necrotic tissue is replaced over time with fibrous tissue anyway, I’m not sure whether a pro-collagen steroid like EQ or primo would be a good idea or not… I certainly don’t think that 1000mg of test /wk would be a goos idea, after all, it’s gonna take longer than 12 weeks to regenerate (if thats even possible) functional muscle. Maybe a more modest dose of 300-400 mg /Wk test, with 200 mg EQ, or 400mg primo given in bursts (not the test, that would need to be steady administration).

The appetite increase from the EQ might not be such a good idea though. Yes House is a scrawny mofo, but until he regains use of his lower limb, he probably shouldn’t be carrying around a whole load of extra weight, lol.

Bushy, I seem to learn something new every time I read one of your posts.

Anyways, I shall stipulate a 20 week time period and lets say that even the Poliquin vitamin C protocol is on the table. You name it its golden - except for deca because he still loves his cock (although probably not his balls).

Here is my real shot at it.
5 IU HGH ED at site
60 mcg IGF-1 split into two doses AM and PM at site
I would add MGF but I don’t know the doses so its off the table for me.
700mg/wk TestE split into EOD doses
250 IU HCG EOD of course
1 mg Adex EOD
400 mg/wk Trenbolone
20mg Anavar ED
maybe some hydrocortisone shots a week for the inflammation…Decadron comes to mind
Lots of leg extensions LOL

I thought the plan was to rehab him with chemical assistance, not turn him into a 210lbs, vascular beast, with a gimpy leg, hahaha!

My own take would be a much longer duration, but lower dose protocol, as it takes time (if it’s even possible) to activate satellite cells, and increase myonucleosis in still-working muscle.

My protocol would be at least 6 months of:

*2 iu GH ED, split am and lunchtime.

*30mcg IGF1, split 12 hours apart (7am/7pm , etc.) Partly for its neuroprotective effects.

*400mg test E / wk in 2 shots.

*250iu HCG, 2 times per week, or HMG if available.

*Possible use of an AI, but only as needed, and only 0.25mg ED or EOD.

*1ml Alflutops ED for 2 weeks, then E3D/E5D for 3-6 months. This is to counter the degenerative cartilage changes taking place in his hip etc from walking with that cane. Follow this with a ‘standard’ joint health formula.

Having said all this though, if he didn’t start seeing improvement rather quickly, then I would probably be tempted to discontinue the protocol, as I wouldn’t want him packing on beef, if he can’t support it with both legs. That would just accelerate the degeneration in his supporting hip, ankle, shoulder, etc.

My rehab program would consist of a lot of open chain exercises, and proprioceptive exercise to co-ordinate activity between agonist and synergist (McGill 2002), and also to strengthen his lateral stabilisers.

I didn’t actually see the particular episode you refer to, but I thought his limp was from some obscure neurological deficit. I take it he then got a DVT in his lower leg or what? Is he on anti-clotting meds?

bushy[/quote]

Its the episode where he is forced to lecture some Princeton medical students. I think it is in the first season possibly. What happens is that he is playing golf and he get s massive leg pains. He runs to the hospital and the docs there think it is drug seeking behavior. They literally have a 4 inch needle with pain meds in it and House grabs it and jabs it into his leg. He returns with even more pain and this time with renal failure. Cutting to the chase- it turns out that the clot in his leg has started muscle cell death and the resulting myoglobulin overload is destroying his kidneys. They want to remove his leg he says no remove the clot , they remove it. He suffers from all the cytokines flowing into his sytem and goes into tachycardia and asks to be put into a barbituate coma so he sleeps away the worst portion of it. They agree. Thats when his dumbass girlfriend intervenes. Cuddy gets her to agree to remove the damaged muscle tissue but he ends up still in a lot of pain. The scenario I envisioned is that they do not take away the muscle tissue and he survives the barbituate coma.

The neurological part you were thinking of is the episode where he gets shot and Cuddy gives him Ketamine thinking that the drug will reboot his brain removing the pain associated with his bum leg.

What the frack is HMG? Wikipedia needs an update on that page.

He is also on high doses of valium literally he takes a valium tab every hour or something so he probably is severely hypogonadal.

themonthofjun wrote:
He is also on high doses of valium literally he takes a valium tab every hour or something so he probably is severely hypogonadal.

How the hell can anyone be so uptight when necking valium 24/7? Anyway, HMG is human menopausal gonadotropin…[/quote]

Not sure if they are the same but he is addicted to Vicodin, not valium.

Superb thread, and odd to see it since I was just watching the show…

Whoops I meant vicodin.

themonthofjun wrote:

How the hell can anyone be so uptight when necking valium 24/7? Anyway, HMG is human menopausal gonadotropin…[/quote]

Vicodin not valium i farked up.

Well I know what it stands for…
But the first page of google didn’t return its actions etc and I have never seen it discussed on this forum till now…

And House is just a jackass…

themonthofjun wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
themonthofjun wrote:

How the hell can anyone be so uptight when necking valium 24/7? Anyway, HMG is human menopausal gonadotropin…

Vicodin not valium i farked up.

Well I know what it stands for…
But the first page of google didn’t return its actions etc and I have never seen it discussed on this forum till now…

And House is just a jackass…

Having watched ‘House’ last night for the first time in a long while, I see now the issues you are discussing, re rehabbing his leg. Still not sure what muscle tissue was removed, but I see that he runs on a treadmill (assisted by vicodin) as part of his rehab.

I’m sure that looks much more ‘macho’ and dramatic than using a rowing machine combined with other exercises, but I have to question whether any ‘genuine’ rehabilitation program would have him doing such high impact/stress work, seeing as it takes large doses of strong painkillers to facilitate it.

Anyway, HMG has been shown to have a stronger FSH effect than HCG in women(PMID: 17298714), which really relates to fertility issues following a long cycle. However, HMG has also bee shown to increase testicular blood flow in males (PMID: 16487405), which would abviously be of use in reversing the tissue remodelling that happens when yer nuts shrink, lol.

WHether HCG is more/less effective than HMG in this regard, remains unclear. One study has shown that the use of both HCG and HMG together shows the greater results in treating central hypogonadism, compared to HCG alone (PMID: 16316564).

Basically, it looks like HMG could be a very useful drug for those who either recover badly from cycles (for whatever reason), cycle for too long and have fertility issues, or who suffer from congenital hypogonadism.[/quote]

Hmmm good info. Ever hear about the unlucky few who get the blood flow to their nads cut off accidentally? As in a vein or artery gets tangled while they are sleeping and the docs are ‘forced’ to remove a precious testicle. Maybe HMG w/ HCG therapy would be a great alternative treatment or recovery method due to testicular trauma or angry girlfriend (or nympho girlfriend).

However, since necrotic tissue is replaced over time with fibrous tissue anyway, I’m not sure whether a pro-collagen steroid like EQ or primo would be a good idea or not… I certainly don’t think that 1000mg of test /wk would be a goos idea, after all, it’s gonna take longer than 12 weeks to regenerate (if thats even possible) functional muscle.

Maybe a more modest dose of 300-400 mg /Wk test, with 200 mg EQ, or 400mg primo given in bursts (not the test, that would need to be steady administration).

The appetite increase from the EQ might not be such a good idea though. Yes House is a scrawny mofo, but until he regains use of his lower limb, he probably shouldn’t be carrying around a whole load of extra weight, lol.[/quote]

But he would be so horny he would be banging Cuddi and Allie 2x a day. That burns calories

[quote]MODOK wrote:
themonthofjun wrote:

Care to enlighten as to how Vicodin makes one hypogonadal?

[/quote]

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=461466

Its from 2003 so I don’t know how accurate it is today.