Fixed High Blood Pressure On TRT

[quote]Gossamer wrote:

[quote]Scott1258 wrote:
Here is the compounding pharmacy my dr uses and I get my scripts filled:

They do ship if you are not local. Also, you can also call around to the different compounding pharmacies in your area and ask them if they do a preparation with grape seed oil. Your dr should also have a list of these pharmacies that they use on a regular basis. [/quote]
Thanks Scott![/quote]
That pharmacy doesn’t use grape seed oil. :frowning:

Well, my last px was filled there one month ago and it’s made with grape seed oil.

Just switched to westward… bp through the roof. 190/110… something isn’t good with westward. I was on empower compounded with grapeseed oil.

I only use Perrigo cypionate

Sorry to bring an old thread to life. I’m currently having issues with my bp as well. Tried cottonseed and sesame. I get headaches on and off thru the day. But sometimes blood pressure is good and I still have the headaches/pressure feeling in my head. Bad brain fog… tried weekly to Ed injections. Still the same. Going to try mct oil compounded next. See if that helps. Been self administering trt for 5 years. Never had an issue until I swapped to gear from the pharmacy… tried running ai and no ai. It’s all the same.

1 Like

For me this ended up being iron and potassium deficiency, I always thought it was high estrogen but then when my tongue started swelling and had GI problems, I started taking and iron and potassium which would see BP return to normal.

I also had pressure feeling in my head which caused tinnitus and blurry vision.

1 Like

For me this ended up being iron and potassium deficiency, I always thought it was high estrogen but then when my tongue started swelling and had GI problems, I started taking and iron and potassium which would see BP return to normal.

I also had pressure feeling in my head which caused tinnitus and blurry vision.
[/quote]

I’ll try it. I take potassium every single day… but I don’t really know about my iron. Guess I never paid attention to it. I give blood every other month. You think I could have low iron even with elevated rbc? Also have tinnitus as well. For several years now…guess all I can do is try. I’ll pick up some supps today. Thanks.

1 Like

Careful, you could deplete ferritin by excess blood donation. Your body will pull iron from iron storage (ferritin), but excess blood donation decreases ferritin, so as your body pulls iron from the bloodstream in an attempt to replace lost ferritin do to excessive blood donation, it would leave you with little serum iron.

You can have iron deficiency with high RBC and normal hemoglobin, it’s called microcytic anemia. I saw hemoglobin decline and no change in RBC or hematocrit, iron and ferritin below range. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if your excess blood donation has lead to your decline on TRT, I would place a bet on these odds.

Do not just start supplementing iron, you need lab testing. You need an iron panel, ferritin and CBC to diagnose iron deficiency. Sometimes when my iron was really low, I had pulsatile tinnitus and it felt like I was going deaf in my left ear at times.

1 Like

Thanks for the input. Last time I went to give blood my doctor acted like it was a medical emergency. Said my count was at a 54 and I think hematocrit or hemoglobin was at an 18. Can’t really remember. When I went to donate blood they tested it before and my rbc was only at a 49. Donated anyways… but this has been on going since I started trt. Than you again for the input! I’ve been reading on this forum for months, finally posted something. Lots of good info on here. Lots of bad too :joy:

I have tinnitus as well for several years now and elevated BP and also high blood readings similar to yours. Been doing 250mg test-e for 3 years, just recently cut the dose in half and will do bloods in 6-8 weeks. Potassium was ok when I did last bloods but not sure about iron so need to do labs as @systemlord said: iron panel, ferritin and CBC to diagnose iron deficiency. Maybe its all related and we can figure it out to the better hopefully.

Best wishes and best regards
Bel

I miss he days being able to blast 5-750 mg of test a week and feel great. Now I can’t hardly even manage blood pressure on trt. Life was much simpler. :woozy_face:

1 Like

I feel the same…Ive opened my own thread to seek a bit of help because where I’m at no doctor knows what TRT is I’m self administrated like you as been working out for more then 13 years but now all these sides are starting to piss me off and need to control them, before they make damage…What dose you running bro? My Hematocrit, Hemoglobin, RBC are high as well so feeling like we are in the same boat on this one :slight_smile:

I take 20mg cypionate per day now. I was taking 200mg a week divided up. I have a 19 shbg so I do small doses now. But blood pressure got high and was retaining water. I’m tired of fucking with AI so I lowered to see if I could get the sides to go away. Still have fluctuating blood pressure but it’s on the high end of normal. Don’t think I should be having headaches with my blood pressure where it’s at. Been way higher and never had issues. Maybe I’m just getting old.

I hear ya brother…I never ran AI, I got BP at high end of normal as well, also get headaches, cardiologist put me on 200mg cardio aspirin daily and advised to quit test injections thus the high blood readings and thick blood. Tinnitus came like 3-4 years ago as well might be the pressure in the head as well, sometimes brain fog, but I break through and been lifting naughty since 2007. I had a lot of serious issues in the past so I’m used to pain and have high tolerance for it so not quite good to feel sides from test but now as you say perhaps getting older as well I’m starting to get worried and it pisses me off. Hope lower test-e dose will help with blood BP and once I have bloods in 6-8 weeks then will be able to tell more. It is what it is though, I can discontinue injecting it do PCT but I’m worried to lose muscle and still have plans for improving so thats why I try to sort this shit out. Else I would just end this and see how shit looked then.

I’m right there with you. I wish I could just stop taking it now. But I’ve tried that too. It never came back. Even with hcg and clomid. When I came off that my test crashed again… I’m gonna keep fighting thru it. It will line out eventually.

Yeah man, guess thats the only way and hope we make it through. When you was off have you tried testing your LH? And as you say it never came back, you mean test was fucked properly?

Yeah man, I had low t at 24 years old. We tried to get it back with hcg. Then I started using steroids for a few years mixed with trt. Now here I am. And here I’ll stay. Don’t think there’s any coming back from seven years of testosterone use…

I hear ya…One thing is good that you know for sure that you had low T to begin with, I just started cycling back in the day and never actually cared about blood work or #s. Young and foolish I was, but never ran big doses, thats a plus. Live and learn. Now since I’m approaching 40 years old I have to sort all this shit as I’m in this for longevity after all. My guy here I consult with just said run 250mg test-e and you can run it for life. Yeah sure, alls great muscle/workout/recovery wise but thats not far not all I’m concern about, so I’m here, just like you looking for some answers and guidance.

Doesn’t seem like that is working out for you though…

ny mineral deficiency could possibly cause elevated BP. High RBC and some of the other things mentioned would indicate that iron is not an issue. You could have a B12 problem, a folate deficiency (not Folic Acid, they are actually different and a doc that doesn’t know that is dangerously stupid), magnesium, copper, or calcium. Mine spikes high when I’m hypocalcemic. Being hyper with any of these can also raise blood pressure, so it’s dangerous to fly blind on supplementing these things.

1 Like