Fixed ED Issues, But Why?

[quote]seekonk wrote:
ED is common when testosterone is too high. Reducing your doses will probably improve ED problems.

Your SHBG is too low. Since androgens depress SHBG, it is likely that your SHBG will improve if you lower your T dose. Low SHBG is associated, among other things, with diabetes and metabolic syndrome, so you don’t want to have SHBG low. [/quote]

Thank you seekonk for your input. I thought my doctor and I have found the right amount of testosterone because I am within range TT = 1014 (range = 300 - 1080 ng/dL). What you said does make sense, I will try lowering my dose for 2 weeks and hopefully I will feel an improvement.

Many use 10,000iu hCG over a period of 80 days without any issues. You need to use BA water, not saline or sterile. The BA, 0.9% benzyl alcohol prevents any bacterial growth. Do not worry about the expiration date; these are arbitrary and don’t reflect any scientific basis.

TSH = 2.610 (range = 0.300 - 3.700 uIU/mL) – too high, should be closer to 1.0
fT3 = 3.8 (range = 2.4 - 4.2 pg/mL) – well above mid range, might reflect rT3 issues if body temps are low
fT4 = 0.94 (range = 0.53 - 1.43 ng/dL) – nice value

I see problems with your thyroid:
Have you used iodized salt for years?
Is there iodine and/or selenium in your multi-vitamins?
Are your body temperatures low? I directed you to the first paragraph of the advice for “new guys” sticky and you also need to look at “thyroid basics”.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Many use 10,000iu hCG over a period of 80 days without any issues. You need to use BA water, not saline or sterile. The BA, 0.9% benzyl alcohol prevents any bacterial growth. Do not worry about the expiration date; these are arbitrary and don’t reflect any scientific basis.

TSH = 2.610 (range = 0.300 - 3.700 uIU/mL) – too high, should be closer to 1.0
fT3 = 3.8 (range = 2.4 - 4.2 pg/mL) – well above mid range, might reflect rT3 issues if body temps are low
fT4 = 0.94 (range = 0.53 - 1.43 ng/dL) – nice value

I see problems with your thyroid:
Are your body temperatures low? I directed you to the first paragraph of the advice for “new guys” sticky and you also need to look at “thyroid basics”.

[/quote]

KSman thank you for revisiting this thread.

Yes, but to be honest I have been cutting down a lot on salt. After reading your thread on thyroid basics I now understand that this wasn’t a good move.

Yes, 150 mcg.

Are your body temperatures low?
I checked my temperature right after reading thyroid basics. I woke up at 7:30a.m. and it’s now 11:00, temperature = 97.5 which is a little lower than the ideal morning temperature of 97.7. Since I’ve been awake now for 3 1/2 hours i think I may have a problem, shouldn’t my temperature be higher and closer to the 98.6 afternoon temp? I will check my temperature when I wake up tomorrow and post an update.

Thanks again KSman!

BTW, I have the results back for my E2 but I think my doctor ordered the wrong one. I asked for a sensitive E2 test and this is what came back.

Estradiol by TMS = 22.2 (range 10 - 42 pg/mL)
Estrone = 14.1 (range 9 - 36 pg/mL)
Total Estrogens = 36.3 (range 19 - 69 pg/mL)

I’ve cut down on Arimidex and have started to take .5ml every week and have been on it for 2 weeks before this test. Are these levels okay or should I be taking more Arimidex?

selenium? needed!

E2 and E1 look great, would not change Arimidex

Get more temperature data to confirm then look at the following.

With ample fT3 and low body temps, elevated rT3 is a strong possibility.

Read the thyroid basics sticky and note references to:
stress
inflammation
accidents
cortisol
adrenal fatigue
Wilson’s book

[quote]filo4u wrote:
Thank you seekonk for your input. I thought my doctor and I have found the right amount of testosterone because I am within range TT = 1014 (range = 300 - 1080 ng/dL). What you said does make sense, I will try lowering my dose for 2 weeks and hopefully I will feel an improvement.[/quote]

That is true, but your free T is high and SHBG is low, both of which can happen when the dose is too high. Anyway, hope you improve soon.

[quote]KSman wrote:
selenium? needed!

E2 and E1 look great, would not change Arimidex

Get more temperature data to confirm then look at the following.

With ample fT3 and low body temps, elevated rT3 is a strong possibility.

Read the thyroid basics sticky and note references to:
stress
inflammation
accidents
cortisol
adrenal fatigue
Wilson’s book[/quote]

I apologize for the delay in response. Last week was awful had really bad headaches and neck pains. I’ve stopped donating blood after adding HCG to my protocol, so I had to contact my doctor to order me a phlebotomy. My HCT was 53%PCV and Hb was 18g/dL. 2 days after no more headaches :slight_smile:

Sorry KSman, my vitamin does have Selenium 200 mcg.
Morning temperature seems to be an issue. I do hit afternoon temperatures. I am wondering if it’s because we keep our room temperature kind of low at 60°F.

Morning Temps.