Five Finger Death Punch - Bad Company Cover

damn good cover imho

This is one of my new favorite bands, their last album was pretty strong. Haven’t gotten this one yet.

NICE!

Damn. I thought it was a new song BY Bad Company.

Eh. It’s lame. Paul Rogers sings WAY better… STILL!

Not bad. I prefer the original, but then again Paul Rodgers is one of my favorites (probably who I sound most like when I sing-- same timbre)

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Not bad. I prefer the original, but then again Paul Rodgers is one of my favorites (probably who I sound most like when I sing-- same timbre)[/quote]

Really? Then you have a gift, man.
Paul Rogers is one of a handful of truly gifted rock singers.
Have you heard him lately? I kid you not when I say he sounds better in his 60s than he did in his 20s!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Not bad. I prefer the original, but then again Paul Rodgers is one of my favorites (probably who I sound most like when I sing-- same timbre)[/quote]

Really? Then you have a gift, man.
Paul Rogers is one of a handful of truly gifted rock singers.
Have you heard him lately? I kid you not when I say he sounds better in his 60s than he did in his 20s![/quote]

Let me qualify that-- I do not sing like, as well as, or in the same universe as Paul Rodgers!!! I mean, that’s blasphemy!!! I have similar tone of voice. People tell me “You sound a little like Paul Rodgers”. I just take that for what it’s worth.

I believe you that his voice just gets better with age. They don’t call him “The Voice” for nothing!

Oops. I missed that crucial “timbre” part.

:slight_smile:

Personally I love 5fdp’s newest album, good to see a band that’s so blatantly pro-military.

“the bleeding” great song

The singer sounds like an angry version of the dude from The Crash Test Dummies.

Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmm.

IMHO, first album was better. The new one is OK but too many slow songs and not a fan of the Bad Company thing.

Not a big fan of this cover. Then again, I’m a big Bad Company fan. Paul Rodgers sounded great with Queen too.

DB

It sounds pretty good to me. I do like 5 finger death punch though, so I am probably more inclined to like it.

I do still prefer the original, as I do with most covers.

What drives me nuts is when people start going all technical on the EXACT genre of a band, debating it, arguing about this singer vs that singer, explaining why this band sucks, and all that shit.

As if music is something objective…seriously.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
What drives me nuts is when people start going all technical on the EXACT genre of a band, debating it, arguing about this singer vs that singer, explaining why this band sucks, and all that shit.

As if music is something objective…seriously. [/quote]

I hope you dont listen to metal then. Thats all the little scene kid shit heads do.

…anyway. Yeah I could go the rest of my life without hearing five finger fist fuck and be fine with it.