Fitting in Calories

Hey everyone was just wondering if I could get some advice…

I will be taking a new job in ware house work which will involve 7.5 hours of heavy lifting with 30minutes lunch break, also the conditions I will be working in are -21° to +10° so with this in mind and doing my 5day training split I was thinking that it would be x1.7 on the Harris Benedict equation +500 to gain 1lb a week (give or take) ---- would this be correct?

Also another problem is how I’m going to fit all those calories in when I don’t get much break for example…

Weekly rotation is working 6am - 2pm (train at 3)
2pm - 10pm (train at 7am)

I only get 30mins break in between my working shift so I’m finding it hard to firstly get a rough estimate of the calories I need to gain weight and secondly fitting in those calories with little break

Breakfast before work, then meal at lunch break, meal before gym, meal after gym. Bed time.

8 hour shifts get two 15min breaks correct? Use that time for a shake or snack.

Hi guys thanks for the replies, yeah I need to get a good set up and eat when possible…

8 hours does warrant a total of 30 mins worth of break however I am only allowed to take this as a 1 30min break so I have come up with this plan…

Wake up and have - 100g oats, serving la whey, 300ml milk, 1dg flaxseed

Walk to work (2 miles)

6am start work for my 8 hours

30 minute break- 100g rice, chicken breast, veg

Walk to gym whilst snacking on 3 rice cakes

Do my gym session and straight after have 1 serving la whey and 2bananas

Walk home (2 miles)

Dinner - 4eggs, wholemeal bagel and veg and a home made protein bar

Before bed - home made protein bar

This works out to…
3300cal
260p
65f
330c

How does that look?

So your breaks have to be used as your “lunch break”? That sucks.

Ino tell me about it, if it was 2 15mins then that would have been ideal but seems like now I’m going to have to eat big meals when I get the chance, however I need to make sure I’m getting enough as I am going to be blitzing the calories

How long do those 2 mile walks to and from home take? You could almost definitely chow on a sandwich while you’re walking. That’s some “free time” that jumps out at me as being a chance to get calories in.

Also, what’re you weighing these days?

Instead Of:

[quote]creasey21 wrote:
Walk to gym whilst snacking on 3 rice cakes

Dinner - 4eggs, wholemeal bagel and veg and a home made protein bar
[/quote]
How About:
Walk to gym whilst snacking on 3 scoops Metabolic Drive Muscle Growth (or equivalent)

Dinner - 1 pound of meat, 1 pound of frozen veggies, Carbs until full (Dealers Choice)

If you’re trying to fit in more calories why the hell are you, “snacking on rice cakes?”

Hi chris my 2mile walks take just over 30mins so yea that’s defo an option to be able to have something to eat on the go and I have lost weight due to a couple of sickness bugs and a poor attempt at cbl I did loose 14lbs but managed to claw back around 8lbs so I’m sitting at 138lbs atm… My thought for being stupid and trying something different but lesson learnt and time to move on and stop pratting around… Also I guess I will have to trial and error the calorie amount as I no that I will be using up a lot of energy

Jlone your right rice cakes are for a dieter and that will be changed… As with what you suggested that sounds better I need to eat big to get big

One question I do have is should I be more concerned with calories in rather than certain percentage macros??

[quote]creasey21 wrote:
I have lost weight due to a couple of sickness bugs and a poor attempt at cbl I did loose 14lbs but managed to claw back around 8lbs so I’m sitting at 138lbs atm… My thought for being stupid and trying something different but lesson learnt and time to move on and stop pratting around…[/quote]
Bummer about that weight loss, but it’s done now. Best you can do is going full throttle to make up that ground and then some.

Ha, dude, we’ve been telling you that for about a year. :wink:

If I remember right, your issue has almost always been about getting enough total calories seven days a week, month after month. That’s what leads to the results you’re after, so look at total calories as the top priority. As long as you’re focusing on plenty of protein, the rest of the macros should mostly fall into place.

Are you still kinda lean/defined?

Lol thanks chris I appreciate the advice :d

Yeah I am pretty lean still have a six pack so below 10%

I think need to stop worrying so much about it all as atm I’m trying to get x amount of protein and x amount of fats and carbs and I can’t go by that as everybody is different and I have noticed that my body feels better with higher fats and lower carbs and I also enjoy that sort of diet… My protein intake is high around 260g which might be too much for my body weight? Also I want to keep fats quite high as I notice my workouts are better and it will help with testosterone levels

Also does it matter how many carbs I have in a meal for example my planned lunch will have 80g of carbs or is that not much compared to most on here?

Also seeings as I’m working in such cold conditions ( -1) take it that my body would require more calories overall too?