Fitting Deadlift into my Schedule

As on now, my lifting workout does not fit in deadlifts, but I’ve been looking to try and get them in at some point. Please feel free to also pick my routine apart with any criticism/suggestions. My current schedule is as follows…

Monday-off
Tuesday - tris/chest/shoulders/traps
Wednesday - Bi/bac/forearms/abs
Thursday - Legs
Friday - tris/chest/shoulders/traps
Saturday - bi/bac/forearms/abs
Sunday - Legs

Tris/chest/shoulders/traps consists of…
Bench, Incline Bench, Decline Bench, a tri ext, dips, pec fly, shrugs, close grip upright rows*

Bi/bac/forearms/abs is…
Wide grip pull ups, chins, lat pull downs, rows, curls, hammer curls, then 2 different forearm exercises*, whatever ab exercise is open

Leg’s day is…
atg squat, leg ext, leg curl, calf raises
usually 6-7 sets on squats w/ 1-2 warmup sets, and the rest i usually raise to 5 sets each

*not sure on some of the exercise names

Each workout takes a good hour, with usually 4 sets of 8-10 reps each exercise and 1 min between sets. But the thing is, I dont know what to throw around because deads seem to hit legs and bac and recovery/overtraining is a concern. Im almost tempted to just throw the deads on a bac day and see how I feel, but I thought I would get some opinions 1st.

Do them as your first exercise on back day.

Do not worry about overtraining. Few people can actually achieve that level of stress.

I would get rid of the wide grip pull ups and replace them with deadlifts. You already have regular chins, and the lat pulldown in there so the wides are just unnecessary.

[quote]philspeedy68 wrote:

Leg’s day is…
atg squat, leg ext, leg curl, calf raises
usually 6-7 sets on squats w/ 1-2 warmup sets, and the rest i usually raise to 5 sets each
[/quote]

As part of a push/pull/legs split, deadlifts would fall on leg day, typically. Do deads after squats, ditch the leg extensions and leg curls, do something unilateral like step-ups or walking lunges instead.

see, what you should be doing is fitting your schedule around deadlifting. no lol

You could avoid this problem of overlapping muscle groups altogether and just train your back and your legs together on their own day.

Example:

1-rest
2-back/legs
3-shoulders/biceps
4-chest/triceps
5-back/legs
6-shoulders/biceps
7-chest/triceps

Then a back&legs day would look something like…

Deadlift
Chinup
Rows
Squats
Leg curls
Leg ext.
Calf raise

…and you wouldn’t have to worry about it cuz its all getting hit at the same time.

Your other option would be to vary the workouts you do during the week to emphasize deadlifts at a more appropriate time.

For example on your first back day maybe you do deadlifts and barbell rows and anything else that also involves the lower back and hamstrings to a degree, and then that leg day you focus more on your quads with front squats and extensions.

And then the following back day, you focus mainly on things like chinups and pulldowns to really work on your lats without bringing the hamstrings into it, so that next leg day you can back squat and hit the hamstrings hard.

That’s my 2 cents.

[quote]PlayoffsOrBust wrote:
see, what you should be doing is fitting your schedule around deadlifting. no lol[/quote]

I got a good lol out of that

Mr. popular: thanks on ur level of detail.

To every1, thanks on the input. I’ll giv my routine another day or two of thought when I get some time on my hands.

Your routine looks like an advanced body building routine. Are you advanced? If you are a beginner, just stick to the basics.

I would overtrain with your routine. It’s a lot of reps and squats. Forearms? You are doing a lot of everything.