Fit TV

Anybody else watch this channel? While it does have a lot of fluff, it occasionally has pretty good shows as well. I recently saw a couple that featured Stan, one of which followed him finishing second at Muscle Mania (2005 I think). I also like the shows where they follow pro athletes during their offseason workouts. Fairly entertaining if anyone is interested.

PS: The guy who beat Stan at that comp looked like the biggest Indian (Native, not African) I’ve ever seen.

You must get a different fit tv lineup than I do. The one here is brimming with entirely useless drivel. I think “Gilad” is the biggest guy I’ve ever seen on that channel.

I just switched from Dish Network (Satellite) to cable and now I watch this show.

I would like to see a few more workout shows (weight training) instead of just cardio/aerobic all the time.

Some of the old school shows with Shawn Ray (I think that was his name)

This channel is terrible. Especially the show “house calls” where these two dipshit trainers repeat just about every training/nutrition myth in the book. Oh god not to mention “Guru to Go” where two flamers (not that there’s anything wrong with that) teach people garbage yoga and stupid “mantras.” Strangely I really think the best show on that network is “The Diet Doctor.” She usually shits on diets that don’t encourage enough calories and generally doesn’t say anything stupid about nutrition.

[quote]PublickStews wrote:
This channel is terrible. Especially the show “house calls” where these two dipshit trainers repeat just about every training/nutrition myth in the book. Oh god not to mention “Guru to Go” where two flamers (not that there’s anything wrong with that) teach people garbage yoga and stupid “mantras.” Strangely I really think the best show on that network is “The Diet Doctor.” She usually shits on diets that don’t encourage enough calories and generally doesn’t say anything stupid about nutrition. [/quote]

Every once in a great while there is some good stuff on there. Diet Doctor is good, and sometimes they have stuff on athletes, although lately it has been figure skating! But Defranco was on there once talking about his workouts with Jim Finn. Actually, I think it profiled Jim Finn. It also had John Lynch and Junior Seau as well. It was pretty interesting.

You guys need to watch the show I saw. It was excellent.

One of those wake up with yoga types. Four beautiful, flexible women doing yoga in a variety of peaceful settings. Gentle new-age music and a narrator giving the name of each pose for those who want to follow along.

That was a great start to my day!

[quote]PublickStews wrote:
This channel is terrible. Especially the show “house calls” where these two dipshit trainers repeat just about every training/nutrition myth in the book. Oh god not to mention “Guru to Go” where two flamers (not that there’s anything wrong with that) teach people garbage yoga and stupid “mantras.” Strangely I really think the best show on that network is “The Diet Doctor.” She usually shits on diets that don’t encourage enough calories and generally doesn’t say anything stupid about nutrition. [/quote]

I agree. Lots of useless crap. I think “Buff Brides” is the worst. The five minutes I saw of that show took retarded to a whole new level. But, like some others mentioned, they do have cool stuff every now and then. Just have to get lucky while flipping channels.
I agree on the Diet Doctor. That’s watchable. I also liked the one with Junior and Lynch that someone else mentioned. Did nodoby see the one with Stan? From then to now, I think Stan has made signficant improvement, obviously. It was pretty amusing to watch him pose in front of all those high school kids/screaming cheerleaders.