Fist Bumps: Am I the Only One?

who finds “pounding it” where you bump fists with another person as a hello, goodbye or whatever, to be totally retarded? what happened to old fashioned hand shakes?

get with the times old man.

lol, i’m 26, and i have some older guys (45-50) come up to me to do it. Which makes it even worse

I still shake hands with other men, with my close friends and partners I have elaborate handshakes, not just some weak fist bump.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
lol, i’m 26, and i have some older guys (45-50) come up to me to do it. Which makes it even worse[/quote]

I shake hands sometimes. Sometimes, we have this one other thing that I cannot really describe accurately in words. And, the fist bump is rare now.

The fist bump is gay, but I’ll take it any day of the week over the shake’n hug. Some guy I hadn’t seen since high school attempted to shake’n hug me and I had none of that shit. Since when did it become acceptable for grown ass to men to hug* each other?

*Unless you just won the superbowl or something else really, really fucking cool.

A while back, I was hanging out with one of my buddies, and when I left I put my hand out to shake and he put his out to do the pound thing. It ended up being weird, so I called him a fucking asshole.

[quote]SouthernGypsy wrote:
A while back, I was hanging out with one of my buddies, and when I left I put my hand out to shake and he put his out to do the pound thing. It ended up being weird, so I called him a fucking asshole.[/quote]

Good call.

I pound with people who i don’t know. The thing is that I see to many assholes walk out of the bathroom after grabbing their stankin cock and not washing their hands. The pound is anti-cock friendly. I’m not a real germ o phobe either because I leave my mouth guard on the mats and pop it back in my mouth all the time and eat more shit of the floor than most people would eat off a plate in a day. I just have a thing about unwashed hands after pissing and shitting all over the place. but if someone goes for a shake then ill oblige so as not to be an asshole. But If i instigate then it’s pound for now.

-chris

I shake hands, all of my friends shake hands.

You need better friends.

Shaking hands is the way to go. Fist bumps look stupid.

Im with brother chris… i shake everyone’s hands. My close friends we either just hug or have elaborate ass handshakes.

my friends are like my family, they’re so close that we just consider each other family so often times i introduce a “brother” or “cousin” that isn’t a blood relative but they might as well be.

A man with many friends will come to ruin but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother

I’m lucky enough to have a few of those^

Give me a High-Five, mother fucker!

Yeeeeeehaaaww! Shizzle…

its the thought that counts to me, a fist bump means the same thing as a handshake. and it’s faster and there is no one guy squeezing harder than the other to make it awkward. its actually more efficient when you think about it. thats like when a Spanish speaker says de nada… its different but it still means thank you. i am surprised at how self conscious you are… you care what people think if they see you give the equivalent of a handshake? the difference has nothing to do with intelligence, it is merely cultural.

[quote]Boxer666 wrote:
its the thought that counts to me, a fist bump means the same thing as a handshake. and it’s faster and there is no one guy squeezing harder than the other to make it awkward. its actually more efficient when you think about it. thats like when a Spanish speaker says de nada… its different but it still means thank you. i am surprised at how self conscious you are… you care what people think if they see you give the equivalent of a handshake? the difference has nothing to do with intelligence, it is merely cultural.

[/quote]

Men shake hands.

[quote]Avocado wrote:
The thing is that I see to many assholes walk out of the bathroom after grabbing their stankin cock and not washing their hands. The pound is anti-cock friendly.

-chris [/quote]

Bingo! I’ve seen too many dudes leave the bathroom without washing hands after a dump. I don’t care how gay the fist bump looks. It’s better than someone else’s shit germs on my hand.

[quote]Love2Lift wrote:
Avocado wrote:
The thing is that I see to many assholes walk out of the bathroom after grabbing their stankin cock and not washing their hands. The pound is anti-cock friendly.

-chris

Bingo! I’ve seen too many dudes leave the bathroom without washing hands after a dump. I don’t care how gay the fist bump looks. It’s better than someone else’s shit germs on my hand.
[/quote]

Eh, you’re going to have shit germs on your hands no matter what you do, unless you wear antiseptic-lined latex gloves throughout the day, which I’m pretty sure would look jusssst about as stupid as fist bumping people.

I’m a hand shaker, old school style.

While I always greet people with a handshake, not all fist bumps and handshakes are created equal. Here’s my hierarchy of physical greetings, from least acceptable to most acceptable:

Shake + hug from stanger/person just met
Dead fish handshake
Fist bump from stranger
Vice grip handshake
Standard, run-of-the-mill handshake <–strangers, unless they’re female, and preferably hot, go no higher than here.
Fist bump from friend/family
Shake + hug from friend/family

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Love2Lift wrote:
Avocado wrote:

-chris

Eh, you’re going to have shit germs on your hands no matter what you do, unless you wear antiseptic-lined latex gloves throughout the day, which I’m pretty sure would look jusssst about as stupid as fist bumping people.

I’m a hand shaker, old school style.[/quote]

Ditto.

Unless the guy has a fresh, wet turd hanging off his hand.

Then I’m pretty sure I won’t be doing anything.