Fish Oil

I know some of you don’t care about organic or stuff like that but from those who do…

I’ve read conflicting reports about diferent brands of fish oil. Some say Carlson’s is more pure others seem to think Blue Ice is better. How do you tell what is better. The nutrient amounts are sure diferent. I’m guessing any would be better than none?

Thanks,

[quote]heron wrote:
I know some of you don’t care about organic or stuff like that but from those who do…

I’ve read conflicting reports about diferent brands of fish oil. Some say Carlson’s is more pure others seem to think Blue Ice is better. How do you tell what is better. The nutrient amounts are sure diferent. I’m guessing any would be better than none?

Thanks,[/quote]

I use Nordic Naturals peach flavored oil, costco’s enteric coated brand, or vitamin world’s enteric coated. They all gave me great results.

I’m thinking that regardless of the brand - if the fish oil surpasses national and international pharmaceutical standards for freshness and purity, and are free from heavy metals, dioxins, and PCB’s then it’s a great fish oil. The other thing to look at would be the amount of EPA and DHA.

I take Nordic Naturals “Ultimate Omega” and for every 2 caps, there is 650 mg of EPA and 450 mg of DHA. This is the highest amount that I have found.

Personally I think Nature’s Plus is top notch when it comes to fish oil. Thinking about switching to carlson’s for a bit just to have somethin else, then when Biotest comes out with their supp, I’ll give it a shot too.

I have always used the cheaper brand whether it be BJ’s Wholesale, GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, etc…now that I am taking my body more seriously, it’s time to step up to the plate with something better.