Fish Oil

I bought some fish oil caps because I heard so many good things about omega-3’s. The problem with them, is that I get the shits when I take them. I’ve tested it a couple times, and I get bad gas and indigestion etc on days that I take them. Is it the brand/quality of the caps?

I did buy them for a dollar each at target… so this could be my problem. Any suggestions?

How many are you taking? What is the rest of your diet like?

I was taking one a day (1g caps). My diet is different, as I just started school. I am a freshman, so it could be that I’m not used to the food. Maybe I’ll just try them again in a few months.

[quote]georgeb wrote:
I was taking one a day (1g caps). My diet is different, as I just started school. I am a freshman, so it could be that I’m not used to the food. Maybe I’ll just try them again in a few months.[/quote]

One gram of fat isn’t going to give you the shits. Or gas. You need to be taking more of them anyway. Like, a lot more. Maybe 20.

No way this could be caused by one fish oil cap a day. Look elsewhere. Have you had a significant change in your carb/fiber intake?

[quote]georgeb wrote:
I bought some fish oil caps because I heard so many good things about omega-3’s. The problem with them, is that I get the shits when I take them. I’ve tested it a couple times, and I get bad gas and indigestion etc on days that I take them. Is it the brand/quality of the caps?

I did buy them for a dollar each at target… so this could be my problem. Any suggestions?[/quote]

They are probably rotten - that is the only reason I can think of that 1 tablet a day would give you the shits.

[quote]georgeb wrote:
I was taking one a day (1g caps). My diet is different, as I just started school. I am a freshman, so it could be that I’m not used to the food. Maybe I’ll just try them again in a few months.[/quote]

One fish oil cap a day is giving you indigestion and the shits? BS.

Are you on creatine? Now that, my friend, can cause some of the worst farts and runniest shits known to man.

[quote]deanosumo wrote:

Are you on creatine? Now that, my friend, can cause some of the worst farts and runniest shits known to man.
[/quote]

Ain’t that the truth!! Testify, brother Sumo.

I am taking xience’s Noxcg3 on workout days. I’ve never had any problem with it before though. I think the only thing I could attribute it to is the difference in diet I have. (home food vs. dorm food)