Fish Oil Side Effects?

I was thinking about starting to take Flameout. Are there any dangerous side effects with Flameout like I hear about with alot of other supplements and fat burners. Are there anythings that you should not mix with it such as alcohol?

Bare with me here im a rookie. also do any retailers sell it like GNC or do i need to buy it online.

thanks

I know gnc sells them although I personaly HATE GNC, its probably what is close to you.

Addressing Fish Oil:

The only negitive side effect I know of is burping having a horrid rancid taste…

Flameout caps are one of my ALL TIME favorite products. They’ve done so much for my joints, skin, hair…just overall health, with absolutely ZERO harm!

You can take them with anything at all…and you can’t really overdose on them. I always take more than the recommended dosage, and I’ve always been just fine.

By the way–taking them with food is a good way to reduce or even prevent that burping “side effect.”

well high doses of fish oils will thin your blood. this is why they have you stop taking them prior to any surgery etc. So it wouldnt be smart to take say 30-40 grams of fish oil, down several aspirin and go get hammered all of which will thin the blood

But in general as long as your smart dont overdue a good thing your going to get nothing but good returns. Personally I use near 30g of fish oil a day including 6-12 Flameout with nothing but good effects

Phill

If you drink enough water, you shouldn’t get the burps. Also, I recently read something on this site, not sure where, that freezing them first helps too.

In very high doses, fish oil can cause trouble with blood clotting and can repress parts of the immune system. I’ve also read that caution should be taken when using large doses of fish oil with NSAIDs.

Exactly what “very high doses” are, I haven’t been able to figure out…

I drink tons of water and still get the fishy burps… if not more. lol

It’s pretty gross at times. But a small price to pay for excellent heart health and weight loss.

I’ve been using Fish Oil pills, for 8 months now, with absolutely zero side effects…

[quote]Shively wrote:
I know gnc sells them although I personaly HATE GNC, its probably what is close to you.
[/quote]

GNC does not sell FLAMEOUT, although they do have inferior products that contain lower-grade fish oil.

bobo86’s avatar just gave me acid flashbacks, and a psychic scar that will torment me forever. I hope you’re happy!

No amount of fish oil will cure my pain.

thanks…anyone know any local stores i could buy it at rather than through the website?

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1433039&cr=

thought his little tidbit about the rats in the beginning of the fish oil portion of the article was kind of interesting. I’m not sure how valid it is in humans, however. I take 10-15 fish oil caps daily, regardless.

Makes your burps smell bad, thats about it. I bet poorly refined fish oil might have mercury in it, BUT I am just guessing. So only buy quality.

I found if I took my fish caps while eating an apple, it takes the problems away. Also I eat them at night before bed.

If you want to be sure about the quality of your fish oil, here’s a website that supposedly monitors it…

nutrasource.ca/ifos_new/index.asp?section
=ifosconsumer&ifossection=5%20Star%20Rating%20Reports

Just get a pharmaceutical graded fishoil at a local drugstore.

[quote]bobo86 wrote:
Just get a pharmaceutical graded fishoil at a local drugstore.[/quote]

I’m fairly confident that Biotest’s Flameout is higher quality.

[quote]graphicsMan wrote:
If you drink enough water, you shouldn’t get the burps. Also, I recently read something on this site, not sure where, that freezing them first helps too.

[/quote]

I just read that article on the main page about fish oil and fatloss and the author does recommend freezing them to prevent the burps. I really dont mind the burps though, kind of remind me of sushi (which I love).

I’ve tried the GNC brand and it didn’t work out well for me at all, my rents have been using Sam’s club fish oil and I was using that for a while, but I’m thinking about getting Flameout from T-Nation after reading all the positive feedback.

theres some brand they sell at drug stores, that is “wild caught salmon” its DHA content is almost as high as Flameout, BUT no GLA, however its cheaper.

If you take the liquid form you get no burps at all. It is also much cheaper but just not as convenient as capsules.

I havn’t been able to find liquid fish oil that isn’t cod liver oil. Do you have to buy it from a website or something?