Fish Oil Recommendations Revisited

Looking forward to the article, Dr. L!!!

Mufasa

it’s nice to see that my renegade observations are being supported by some science!

it’s just a matter of time until the others can be substantiated by research!

by the way, I’ve been taking fish oils for about 9 years now, and will be the first to say they are a big deal!

if I get my EFAs from canned salmon, is the fat in the serving of fish (5g) equal to taking 5 Fish-Oil caps? If not, what would the ratio be closer to?

[quote]graphicsMan wrote:
Hey guys -

I coulda sworn that I saw a posting on this before, but I can’t find it now.

Anyway, I’m looking for recommendations on which fish oil capsules people supplement with. Can someone post the link to the original thread??[/quote]

I just get mine from wal-mart. fairly cheap.

Just a “bump” for an important topic…

(Still working in the molecular distillation issue…)

Mufasa

I get 350 mg of DHA from each omega-3 fortified egg yolk I eat. The hens are fed flaxseed, I believe.

Could one just eat 3-5 eggs a day and get enough omega-3 fatty acids? All this fish oil hooplah confuses me!

What is more important: the overall volume of actual fish oil you are taking a day or the amount of EPA and DHA in the fish oil that you are taking?

I have been taking this stuff for a while what do you guys think?

https://www.nordicnaturals.com/direct/prodsummary.asp?ID=30

I believe Dr.Sears stated that the reason his brand is better then just a regular fish oil is, because one of the important reasons to do molecular cleaning is to alter EPA/DHA ratios to be 2:1 Dr. Sears claims that this is the ratio that has been used in a research and showed benefits. I used to use his product, but it is very expensive. I have found what seems to be a compatible and cheaper solution.

It is RxOmega-3 Factors Liquid (RX Omega) by Natural Factors.
It is also Pharmaceutical Grade and has EPA 1500mg/DHA 740mg.
They also have it capsules. The cost is HALF of what Dr.Sears charges for his product even with his autoship which gives a 20% discount.

www.iherb.com/rxomegaliquid.html