T Nation

Fish Oil for Fat Loss?

If i can't swallow a pill and will be taking a liquid fish oil, is it really worth taking in terms of fat loss? The liquid fish oil I will be taking is called Carlson's Very Finest Fish Oil Lemon Flavored. It has 1600mg of Omega-3 Fatty Acids, 800mg of EPA and 500 mg of DHA, for one teaspoon.

Thanks

So, you’re saying you don’t like to swallow pills, have an alternative, but you don’t want to take the alternative? If the question is whether or not you should take fish oil for loss, the answer is yes.

If you have trouble swallowing pills, a little I use for my dog is hide it in some bread or canned dog food. If canned dog food is not available to you, then try something else.

:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
So, you’re saying you don’t like to swallow pills, have an alternative, but you don’t want to take the alternative? If the question is whether or not you should take fish oil for loss, the answer is yes.

If you have trouble swallowing pills, a little I use for my dog is hide it in some bread or canned dog food. If canned dog food is not available to you, then try something else.

:P[/quote]

Not exactly, I’m saying I found an alternative to swallowing pills but it doesn’t have a high dose of EPA/DHA like Flameout, so I’m wondering if it’s still good for fat loss or not. One of the main reasons Flameout is good for fat loss is because it has a high amount of EPA/DHA.

I take Carlson’s lemon flavored fish oil by the tablespoon daily, and I prefer it to swallowing caps. I find that it is easiest to take straight and move on, although you can mix it with some olive oil and toss it over veggies or a can of tuna. Using it during fat loss is fine.

[quote]yerba wrote:
I take Carlson’s lemon flavored fish oil by the tablespoon daily, and I prefer it to swallowing caps. I find that it is easiest to take straight and move on, although you can mix it with some olive oil and toss it over veggies or a can of tuna. Using it during fat loss is fine. [/quote]

Thank you, what times do you think are the best to take it for fat loss?