Fish Oil and Cancer

Read what Poliquin says about fish oil. It’s the only supplement he insists people take and he practically drools when he talks about it. It increases T, reduces inflammation, cures AIDS and reverses the mummy’s curse. Good stuff.

[quote]Mr. Clean & Jerk wrote:
Read what Poliquin says about fish oil. It’s the only supplement he insists people take and he practically drools when he talks about it. It increases T, reduces inflammation, cures AIDS and reverses the mummy’s curse. Good stuff.[/quote]

Mummy curse!

When she got sick I just started questioning everything. So this is a back to the basics reminder.

Thanks

Thanks to everyone who posted on the thread about my Mom’s cancer. Just as an update she had her surgery last week and is now home and recovering. She is doing great. They got all the cancer out, it doesn’t seem to have spread. We will find out in 2-weeks if she has to go through chemo.

She’s lost 27 pounds in 4-weeks so although she has to avoid fiber for at least 2-weeks she needs to eat nutrient rich foods.

She had a cup of coffee and a banana and is a happy woman.

Bring on the yams, chicken, cauliflower and cottage cheese.

thanks again.

Celeste

im very glad to see her surgery went well! keep strong, keep your mother in high hopes and i have much faith that she will recover in no time! i have alot of respect for you staying positive and strong through all of this. let us know how things progress!

[quote]skimmy_jimmy wrote:
im very glad to see her surgery went well! keep strong, keep your mother in high hopes and i have much faith that she will recover in no time! i have alot of respect for you staying positive and strong through all of this. let us know how things progress![/quote]

Thanks Skimmy Jimmy (you cannot say that name without grinning)

The book Hot AZ suggested is a great along with Bushy’s website.

I will post what happens.

I’m very sorry that your mum’s in that situation, i wish you the best of care and hope.

My friend said something about apricot kernels being a suppressed kind of wonderfood. Perhaps you could look some out, though they are a bit obscure. Take care

Shugart’s article with LL Cool J is so timely for me.

The surgeon who performed my mom’s surgery was a big fan of fish oil. She is taking 6 Flameouts a day with her meals. I had taken the Flameout bottle in to me and the surgeon liked the product and said she would be ordering some for herself.

Also gave a thumbs up to taking the green tea extract caplets after some healing time.

BUT to put on fat and weight as mom lost so much weight, she is to eat a higher carb low fiber diet.

Just like the article. very cool.

hey no worries, thats what i do haha

Best wishes for your mom’s continuing recovery!

From observing my sister’s battle with breast cancer, one thing that really helped was her being informed. She used mailing lists, forums, etc. about her cancer to keep current with which doctor’s are best (and ones to avoid), where they’re located, what new research is being conducted, what’s working and what isn’t, etc. - along with moral support.

My sis used the info to get into some experimental programs, such as the hepceptin trials (that were so successful it was fast tracked for approval IIRC). Even if the programs weren’t completely successful they bought her more time for new trials/studies to come along that she could get into, which would buy more time, etc.

An informed and proactive patient can be a big help.

Please tell your mom to continue to kick some cancer butt! (appropriately phrased of course)

It would appear that any food or supplement that helps reduce chronic inflammation is helpful. Fish oil is key obviously. Curcumin, ginger, garlic all sport potent anti-inflammatory properties. In fact most spices do. Eating loads of green leafy vegetables (well most vegetables), some animals that ate vegetation (not corn), omega 3 eggs and some fruits help keep the omega 6 content down.

All refined carbohydrates, most grains and some fruits mind you can play havoc with the arachadonic acid cascade which can lead to chronic inflammation and a more acidic cellular environment which creates a breeding ground for all kinds of bad stuff. I’d actually like to hear Dr. Lowery’s comments on this thread and I think it’s time to revisit his acid/base balance stuff.

Oh and I almost forgot. I have personally had great success with my own health issues using a green drink. It wasn’t cancer, however I have a close relative that did have pre-cancerous cells and now her tests are normal.

There are several people that I know personally drinking quality greens that are having phenomenal results with their own health. Several companies make them, but I would steer clear of the ones that use stevia and maltodextrin etc for flavoring.

The one I like the best is called Supergreens. I believe Dan John wrote that he liked Greens Plus. Maybe Biotest could look into this arena?

OctoberGirl~

Glad the book was helpful to you!!! Keep us posted :slight_smile: We’re looking forward to hearing more good news.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
Thanks to everyone who posted on the thread about my Mom’s cancer. Just as an update she had her surgery last week and is now home and recovering. She is doing great. They got all the cancer out, it doesn’t seem to have spread. We will find out in 2-weeks if she has to go through chemo.

She’s lost 27 pounds in 4-weeks so although she has to avoid fiber for at least 2-weeks she needs to eat nutrient rich foods.

She had a cup of coffee and a banana and is a happy woman.

Bring on the yams, chicken, cauliflower and cottage cheese.

thanks again.

Celeste[/quote]

Mazel tov.

An update.

Mom had her post-op consultation with her surgeon today. She is good to go. They got all the cancer and she has healed really well. Her blood pressure is up a little but the doctor said that could be stress waiting for the results.

What surprised me was 6-weeks ago Mom had stage 1 cancer. In less than 4-weeks she was a stage 2 at the time of her surgery. That stuff just grows so fast.

Her surgeon thinks chemo isn’t necessary but the oncologist wants a one-shot treatment. They are discussing this at a tumor board tomorrow and will let us know Thursday.

The surgeon wants high doses of fish oil for mom, high fiber, low simple carb, high protein as she is still anemic and her iron levels are low. Sounds like the AD diet to me. She is to avoid high sugar during her healing.

She is starting at my gym on Monday. I bought her 5 half-hour sessions she can go during the day to learn how to work the machines. She wants to do the treadmill, nothing else! But good for her. She’s 75 she can do what she wants.

Thanks to everyone. Flameout was a huge thumbs up from the doctor and the primary physician.