Fish Oil and Blood Thinning?

Fair comment but, in my opinion, this has been more to do with the unhealthy association between the food industry and medical profession. The landscape is slowly changing and various national guidelines are beginning to belatedly acknowledge what has been in the public domain for several years.

For example, the Journal of the American College of Cardiology last year published a paper titled ‘Saturated Fats and Health: A Reassessment and Proposal for Food-Based Recommendations: JACC State-of-the-Art Review’. It states: ‘The recommendation to limit dietary saturated fatty acid (SFA) intake has persisted despite mounting evidence to the contrary. Most recent meta-analyses of randomized trials and observational studies found no beneficial effects of reducing SFA intake on cardiovascular disease (CVD) and total mortality, and instead found protective effects against stroke.’

Despite this, I suspect your doctors warned you about your ‘bad cholesterol’ and how you must cut down on the saturated fat. Well-meaning, perhaps, but sadly ill-informed and, ultimately, unhelpful/dangerous for the patient.

I just want to see what other silly things you will say.

This patent discussed what I believe is the mechanism of how this takes place. Having some understanding of the process leads me to be less concerned about it personally. Speaking from a health perspective, maybe not a medical perspective if someone has to pay closer attention. I know I cringe when someone says to reduce intake of a known essential fatty acid to keep you safe with a drug. There are many perspectives out there. If you’re healthy, Omega 3s are literally essential. In this environment where cytokine storms are pushed out like a bogey man, understanding the body’s anti-inflammatory system, which when properly fueled and structured and add a little ice to that fire and contribute to a balanced immune response, I would only lean more toward it. But I get nutritional tunnel vision all the time and forget a lot of things.
Omega 3 good.
Well, I would argue against ALA. the vegetable Omega 3, it’s unstable, seems useless until the body slowly and inefficiently converts it to something useful you could just consume directly.