Fish, Chicken and Waffles II

Cardio day:

20min fast walk around track

stretch
abs

15 min Sprints length of Bball court

15 min half ass playing basketball, mostly bricking shots and running after the ball

Todays weight 228.6

Went on a walk last night with my son, he rode his bike while I tried to keep up, that was about 20 minutes.

Been thinking a lot about my diet, those extra 100g’s of protein I need and possibly switching to a higher carb diet on training days.
Regarding the 100g of protein I think I’ll add a shake in the morning and before bed for a week. If my strength doesn’t level off to where I’m getting near my normal reps I’ll switch to the higher carb diet. While I enjoy losing the extra weight, I hate watching my reps cut in half.

God love my wife, she made dinner last night, rice and pork…rice…she just doesn’t understand but I was glad to not have to cook. Had plenty of calories to spare and didn’t want to hurt her feelings.

Diet yesterday:

Breakfast

3 egg whites
3 whole eggs
1/4 cup cheese

snack
5oz turkey breast
1oz almonds

lunch
5oz turkey breast

Dinner
7oz pork chop
1/2 cup rice

Calories 1,567
Carbs 77
Fat 76
Protein 133

Damn Dday pretty low kcal for you, how are your energy levels?

Energy is just ok, yesterday I was ready for bed at 8:30. I’ve only been eating this strict for a little more than a week not including the 4 days dealing with my wife so I don’t have a proper baseline yet but do believe I need the extra 100g’s of protein.

Yesterday was an exceptionally low calorie day for some reason. What I normally do is track everything on myfitnesspal.com and come dinner time I try to eat a little more to get close to my 2kcals on the day. Dinner probably isn’t the time to eat more, I suck at diet planning. I shouldn’t say that, when it comes to being 25%+ I got that nailed, getting below 20% has been a problem.

Same here Dday, that is why I had to “go outside the box”, I hate that term, but really what I had to do.

I usually eat more at dinner also when I’m dieting down. Saves me from attacking cold cut sandwhiches and doritos around midnight.

[quote]sen say wrote:
I usually eat more at dinner also when I’m dieting down. Saves me from attacking cold cut sandwhiches and doritos around midnight.[/quote]

That’s actually a really good point. One of my favorite things to eat at night before bed is chocolate protein powder mixed with peanutbutter but with eating more at dinner I don’t seem to crave it as much.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Same here Dday, that is why I had to “go outside the box”, I hate that term, but really what I had to do. [/quote]

I’ve considered doing the same but don’t want to spend the extra money. If in a few months I don’t get it worked out then I may have to just pull the trigger, so tired of fighting this gut.

[quote]dday wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Same here Dday, that is why I had to “go outside the box”, I hate that term, but really what I had to do. [/quote]

I’ve considered doing the same but don’t want to spend the extra money. If in a few months I don’t get it worked out then I may have to just pull the trigger, so tired of fighting this gut.[/quote]
Well man you and I have traveled the same road. When I am done with this drop, I am just going to have to really stay on 90/10 diet for the remainder. Which is 90% of the time low carb, high protein and 10% of the time have a cheat day or something.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Well man you and I have traveled the same road. When I am done with this drop, I am just going to have to really stay on 90/10 diet for the remainder. Which is 90% of the time low carb, high protein and 10% of the time have a cheat day or something. [/quote]

Don’t I know it. A 90/10 rule is what I’ve pretty much done off and on the last 8-10 months, that keeps me at a consistent weight and keeps me sane.

I’m sure I missed it but who did you outsource you diet too if you don’t mind me asking?

[quote]dday wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Well man you and I have traveled the same road. When I am done with this drop, I am just going to have to really stay on 90/10 diet for the remainder. Which is 90% of the time low carb, high protein and 10% of the time have a cheat day or something. [/quote]

Don’t I know it. A 90/10 rule is what I’ve pretty much done off and on the last 8-10 months, that keeps me at a consistent weight and keeps me sane.

I’m sure I missed it but who did you outsource you diet too if you don’t mind me asking?[/quote]

I didnt post it yet, wanted to have kind of a picture log and full details of the diet when I am done. I have no problem holding myself accountable, I just didnt want to answer a thousand questions while I am going through this.

It is through my longevity Dr. and this was really to “reset” my baseline weight. I know Tate had an article about it when he was doing his BB diet stuff last year. To me you have this baseline weight that you can go up or down 5-10 pounds pretty easy, mine has been at 235 for past few years. What I am doing is resetting mine down to 200-205, to do that it cant be 90/10, it has to be 100% and has to be drastic for guys like us. Why? Cause with our history of obesity we have insulin resistance and fat cells that just do not want to help us lose.

So we have to go fucking drastic and stay miserable.

Oops sorry, wasn’t trying to call you out.

I remember reading years ago about baseline weight from Thibs or someone. My baseline is 231, I can go up to near 240 but drop it really quick to 231 and stop. Getting and staying in the 220’s is a great success for me but it’s is a bitch.

As you know I’m the great flip/flopper, “must lose weight!!” Oh shit, getting weak, “must gain strength” wash, rinse, repeat. That’s a mental thing I have to overcome if I ever want to reach my goals.

So I assume once you get down around 200, you’ll do sit on it for a few years to reset you base?

[quote]dday wrote:
Oops sorry, wasn’t trying to call you out.

I remember reading years ago about baseline weight from Thibs or someone. My baseline is 231, I can go up to near 240 but drop it really quick to 231 and stop. Getting and staying in the 220’s is a great success for me but it’s is a bitch.

As you know I’m the great flip/flopper, “must lose weight!!” Oh shit, getting weak, “must gain strength” wash, rinse, repeat. That’s a mental thing I have to overcome if I ever want to reach my goals.

So I assume once you get down around 200, you’ll do sit on it for a few years to reset you base? [/quote]

Lol I am the same Dday, I get down in weight and get pissed cause I cant PR. Then I get PR’s and cant take my shirt off at the pool and then want to lose. Rinse repeat.

I have finally just gave up mentally, I love to lift, I actually love to run and do sports. I like feeling comfortable in my clothes again (at 212 today) so I am just going to do my thing and enjoy the ride. So plan to yes sit at the 200 range, which gives me decent strength, athletic ability and endurance.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:]
I have finally just gave up mentally, I love to lift, I actually love to run and do sports. I like feeling comfortable in my clothes again (at 212 today) so I am just going to do my thing and enjoy the ride. So plan to yes sit at the 200 range, which gives me decent strength, athletic ability and endurance. [/quote]

This is where I’m finally getting to. I’m pushing 38 years old, missed my peak and have to except the fact that I just may never squat a 1000lbs. Being able to play with my kid when he’s a teenager and hopefully getting to lift with him are more a priority now.

I’ve said that before, this time I believe it.

[quote]dday wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:]
I have finally just gave up mentally, I love to lift, I actually love to run and do sports. I like feeling comfortable in my clothes again (at 212 today) so I am just going to do my thing and enjoy the ride. So plan to yes sit at the 200 range, which gives me decent strength, athletic ability and endurance. [/quote]

This is where I’m finally getting to. I’m pushing 38 years old, missed my peak and have to except the fact that I just may never squat a 1000lbs. Being able to play with my kid when he’s a teenager and hopefully getting to lift with him are more a priority now.

I’ve said that before, this time I believe it.[/quote]

Well it is difficult when we got the crew on G+ hitting PR’s doing comps and basically following their goals. Just have to keep in mind what we want and stop trying to compete in that extent, believe me I know that is hard. But like you said lifting and enjoying your kid when you get older is more important.

Maya and I got some good local friends that keep us motivated and positive track in this regards. They all do stuff that is healthy and active, and they also like to BBQ and drink so its a great combo.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Maya and I got some good local friends that keep us motivated and positive track in this regards. They all do stuff that is healthy and active, and they also like to BBQ and drink so its a great combo. [/quote]

Boom chicka wow wow…calling Push Harder 1.0.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Well it is difficult when we got the crew on G+ hitting PR’s doing comps and basically following their goals. Just have to keep in mind what we want and stop trying to compete in that extent, believe me I know that is hard. But like you said lifting and enjoying your kid when you get older is more important.

Maya and I got some good local friends that keep us motivated and positive track in this regards. They all do stuff that is healthy and active, and they also like to BBQ and drink so its a great combo. [/quote]

That’s an easy trap to fall into, seeing all these folks lifting crazy weight and getting PR’s every other session. Guys like us weren’t dealt that hand. I’m thinking if I get down to 210-200lbs (or no more gut)and maintain that for awhile then and only then should I try focusing on getting strong again. No more bulking just slow and steady while maintaining an acceptable fitness level.

Much better day in the ghetto gym.

DC B1
BB Curls RP 95x11-4-4=19 5 rep RP

Pinwheel curls RP 55’sx20-10-5=35 several rep PR

Seated calf raise SS 3px11

“GHR” w/45x17-11-7=35

Leg press 12px8 14px3

WM 15px20

Things felt good today, hip had been bothering me and still is a bit for that reason I decide to do leg press instead of squat. Also the A1 session is heavy deads and I’ve been meaning to move squat to B2 so there is some room between heavy squat and heavy deads.

Really happy with this one. It’s been a few weeks since I’ve been truly happy with my performance in the gym.

Also found out that when logging my food I’d used processed turkey breast and not whole turkey breast. There is a big difference between the two. Gained 50g’s of protein and lost 23g’s of carbs, which is what caught my eye, how does turkey breast have carbs…Ooops!

[quote]sen say wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Boom chicka wow wow…calling Push Harder 1.0.

[/quote]
Perv

we dont swing my friend she is Mexican and is a jealous as it gets in regards to me and other women folk

They inject one of the sugars (dextrose, maltose etc) as a preservative probably with some HFCS also, is how you get carbs in processed turkey breast.