First Year in the Gym, How Am I Doing?

Natural body (untrained) - November 2011 (Age 16)

I’ve been going to the gym for about a year now, for my diet I just eat about a balanced lunch and two rounds of protein-rich food for dinner, been using post shakes for about close to 8 months now. For the past 2 months, I’ve been adding a little more veges, like tomatoes and lettuce in my diet for the vitamins and minerals.

I want to get a nice aesthetic physique and also look beast, any comments or critiques are appreciated.

Cheers!

Started Training - March 2012 (Age 16)

Recently - March 2013 (Age 17)

P.S. Sorry, I couldn’t get the pictures in one post. If a mod could help me, I’d really appreciate it!

Troll?

tweet

haha sorry it’s no troll

but since this is the section where people can critique, I thought it’d be good if the people here could give some advice and tell me their opinions?

many thanks!

If you are for real TheBarbreaker leave this thread, read every article you possibly can, go to the beginner forum and read that shit, pick a well used program, start a log, and try again in 3 years. You aren’t going to get anything out of this thread.

Chicken and rice 7 times a day. Eat even if you don’t feel like it.

Lift heavy and lift often.
Sprint, twice a week so you don’t turn fat.

Do these lifts often and get really good at lifting heavy in all of them in any variation of them:
Powerclean

Bench Press

Squat (any variation)

Deadlift

Drink lots of water and eat lots of veggies too. You need to eat more and lift heavier.

In that case, I’d better get to work!

Thanks for all your comments guys, it gives me true perspective rather than my own biased view.

Ty Pinyony, I’ve always done squats, deadlifts, bench press and sometimes even clean and jerks but I’ve never tried power cleans, but I assume they train the same muscles as the deadlift and squats?

Cheers

In that cass, I’d better get to work!

Thanks for all your comments guys, it gives me true perspective rather than my own biased view.

Ty Pinyony, I’ve always done squats, deadlifts, bench press and sometimes even clean and jerks but I’ve never tried power cleans, but I assume they train the same muscles as the deadlift and squats?

Cheers

You need to eat more and lift heavy. You should never be hungry. Like others have said stick to the basics for a year or two and be CONSISTENT. Consistency is the number one thing.

In that case, I’d better get to work!

Thanks to all of you who commented, it gives me true perspective rather than my own biased view.

Ty Pinyony, I’ve always been doing squats, deadlifts, benchpresses and lately clean and jerks but I’ve never tried power cleans, but I assume they train the same muscle groups as the deadlift and squats? I guess it’s still too early

Cheers

The simplest “program” from any magazine will work. The meal plans they suggest are good enough as well. Once you know what your doing you will be able to adapt and change your routine to fit your specific needs. Give it a year of dedication, then give us a follow up. Good luck.

Troll

[quote]HariboGoode wrote:
Troll[/quote]

^dick